Why is everyone so SHOCKED??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so SHOCKED???

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Listen, we all knew we were getting a head case when he was traded to Miami. Ricky Williams, the player that refused to remove his facemask during interviews because he had social anxiety.

Ricky Williams has been through YEARS of therapy, probably with some new age quack that is feeding a lot of psychobabble garbage . I can just picture his shrink telling him that he will empower himself by retiring and traveling the world mastering the art of yoga :(

The fact is, the Dolphins took a huge risk when they banked their franchise on Ricky. You get what you pay for, and unfortunantly, that first stellar season cost us an additional first rounder.

So long Ricky, good luck in your new endeavors. Its great you got over your social anxiety and have moved on from football. Sucks for me as fan, but IMHO it took us from a 7-9 team to a 6-10 team.

Where did I state that I knew he was going to retire?? Your the dumb ***, my point only being that we picked up a player that admitted he had severe social problems and other instabilities and that it doesn't shock me that he is leaving so abruptly.

ricky just does not want to deal with responsibility anymore. you may be right about the whole social anxiety thing. maybe now he finally feels he has some sort of social life.. hanging around with snoop dog and lenny kravitz and smoking pot. but its still an immature thing to do. he could have played out his nfl career and still have time to go to asia and 'find' himself again. nfl players hav e an average age of 34 when they retire. at 34, he will still be young enough to do whatever he wants, and have all the money him and his family will ever need. i read somewhere he had 3 kids?? correct me if im wrong, but if you have 3 kids then there if definitely something wrong when you leave a job where you make millions of dollars every year, to go smoke out in foriegn countries. he thinks that his life will be over because he will waste it playing football for 7 more years. well sorry ricky, but YOUR life was over as soon as you had you first kid. again, im not sure if he really has kids, but i read it somewhere. why retire now? i think its because of shaq. he has probably been thinking about it for a long time, and now he thought he could weasel out, while the whole of miami is distracted about the shaq fiasco.. but then again, we did see marino return only to change his mind 2 weeks later, maybe the opposite will happen with ricky.

Bumrush said:
Where did I state that I knew he was going to retire?? Your the dumb ***, my point only being that we picked up a player that admitted he had severe social problems and other instabilities and that it doesn't shock me that he is leaving so abruptly.
well it shocked the hell out of me. Yea he may have had Social Phobia, but he is over that and who wouldnt be shcoked about him retireing...ahh why bother...

FiN.in.RI said:
well it shocked the hell out of me. Yea he may have had Social Phobia, but he is over that and who wouldnt be shcoked about him retireing...ahh why bother...

Sorry to be rude in my previous post...
One thing you have to understand is that people that go through a lot of therapy are apt to make abrupt changes as their personalities change. Kinda like an alcoholic that suddenly becomes very religous and responsible after going to AA.. .

Bumrush said:
Sorry to be rude in my previous post...
One thing you have to understand is that people that go through a lot of therapy are apt to make abrupt changes as their personalities change. Kinda like an alcoholic that suddenly becomes very religous and responsible after going to AA.. .
its all good, im sorry too.. Im on edge right now so i may say things a little out of line.. a weed and paxil combo will make you think a lot differently over the years as he definitely turned his thinking around 360 degrees..

LOL, I'm pretty sure the weed has always been a part of Ricky's lifestyle, its the paxil that screwed him up...

Back
Top Bottom