Why is everyone wondering if... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone wondering if...

VaDolphan

QB-slash-WR
Reaction score
Minor can hold up for an entire season?!?

If Karim Abdul Jabar (5-10, 195, couldn't find 40 yd time) could do this:
Att. Yds. YPC TD
307 1116 3.6 11 in 1996
283 892 3.2 15 in 1997
270 960 3.6 6 in 1998

Minor (5-10, 205, 4.43 40 yd) should do comparably, IMO. Granted, defenses have gotten better since then...but if HE can do it, then Minor can do it, damnit.

Let's get this frickin' season started and surprise some people.

VaDolphan said:
Minor can hold up for an entire season?!?

If Karim Abdul Jabar (5-10, 195, couldn't find 40 yd time) could do this:
Att. Yds. YPC TD
307 1116 3.6 11 in 1996
283 892 3.2 15 in 1997
270 960 3.6 6 in 1998

Minor (5-10, 205, 4.43 40 yd) should do comparably, IMO. Granted, defenses have gotten better since then...but if HE can do it, then Minor can do it, damnit.

Let's get this frickin' season started and surprise some people.
The difference is that we still had Marino as a threat then. We don't have that kind of QB now for teams to fear. Until Thompson and Newson prove that they can take heat off of Chambers and Fiedler/Feeley begin to look like starting QBs, we can expect defenses to stack the line and stuff our run. Think about it, more than half of his carries last season, Ricky was initially hit in the backfield. We CAN'T have another season like that with these guys.

But the O-Line was also TERRIBLE last year...granted, it may not be much better this year. I'm just saying that it's unfair to question his durability when a guy that was similiarly built had seasons like those posted above.

Or maybe I'm just a hopeless optimist :cool: ?

VaDolphan said:
But the O-Line was also TERRIBLE last year...granted, it may not be much better this year. I'm just saying that it's unfair to question his durability when a guy that was similiarly built had seasons like those posted above.

Or maybe I'm just a hopeless optimist :cool: ?
I am with you Va...

From all we keep hearing about our oline this season, maybe we are just hopeless optimists! Either way I am going to hold off judgement until the first couple games of the season.

No worries here. With D-Bo on the team, Minor will be 225 next year (all arms). Seriously, with his speed, he'll be alright. People questioned Portis too...

The new trend in the NFL is the smaller, quicker running back. They are more effective in a pass happy league. Travis Minor is just that.

Remember, that hammer big rb we had, did not get us to the playoffs,muchless the superbowl!

massi20 said:
The new trend in the NFL is the smaller, quicker running back. They are more effective in a pass happy league. Travis Minor is just that.
Right, there more effective in a pass happy leauge...but i wouldnt say we fit under the "pass happy" category would u?

Back
Top Bottom