Why is Ginn not Returning Kicks ??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is Ginn not Returning Kicks ???

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
Why is Ted Ginn not returning kicks?
He is not proving to be a #1 WR and appears to be just an average WR.
He CAN return kicks at the NFL level as he clearly evidenced last year.
Why not have your best players do what they do best?
What are we saving him for by not playing him on ST?
Is returning kicks going to take THAT much extra out of him?
Shouldn't we be trying to get him as many "Touches" as possible?
Especially "In space" where he can potentially make a game changing play?
Can't he make the same impact returning a kick for a TD as running a 9 route?
Isn't ST 1/3 of the game?:err:
The Bears are using Devin Hester in as many roles as possible. Why don't the Fins do the same?:err:

BP and company havnt bought into the cam meul error and i wouldnt be suprised to see him out the door at some point

i think they are just trying to see if a guy like Foyster or Bess can return kicks. Im sure Ginn will be our KR come opening day.

I think its because they already know Ginn can be a return man. But who else can be? Can't hurt to find out who's the best and who's the backup.

Preseason is experimentation time. Their trying to find out who else can return kicks.

Yes both answers that I was going to say were already given.

(1) You don't need to have your starter and possibly #1 weapon returning kicks in preseason, it's pointless. Plus you risk major injury.

(2) Always have to find a backup that can share duties for the sake of Ginn getting injured in regular season. You'd need to find someone just as good to fill those shoes.

You said it yourself, he CAN return kicks. We already know that. Do you have any questions that need to be answered about Ginn's ability to return kicks? Preseason is for answering those questions, and obviously BP and Co. have none. They do need to see what others can bring to the ST. And yes, it could take THAT much out of him. Why risk the injury in a meaningless game (as far as his return abilities are concerned)?

Oh, and Hester only returned one punt. I think Chicago might already know what they have in that department as well.

Pre-season is for trying different possibilities... I mean, try to remember who was returning some kicks a year ago.....

.... Ronnie F'n Brown!!!!

Pre-season is for trying different possibilities... I mean, try to remember who was returning some kicks a year ago.....

.... Ronnie F'n Brown!!!!

That was just plain ignorant from Cameron. He really wanted Chatman to win the starting RB spot and was doing everything to make Ronnie look like ****.

i think they are just trying to see if a guy like Foyster or Bess can return kicks. Im sure Ginn will be our KR come opening day.

Since the Fins Official Site lists Ginn as both the number 1 KR and number 1 PR on their depth chart (through yesterday), I'd say you are exactly right with this answer! :kick:

Attachments

• LSU TIGER Avatar 23KB.jpg
    LSU TIGER Avatar 23KB.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 2
Man the regulaer season cannot get here soon enough for Ginn. People are questioning literally everything they can about him.

Back
Top Bottom