Why is nobody talking about Matt Moore? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is nobody talking about Matt Moore?

defiant

Active Roster
Reaction score
Let's not forget Moore's 2011 was superior to Tannehills 2012 statisically. Why are we letting him go? Offer him the chance to compete for starting job, which we all know will make Tannehill better not worse, and shore up the backup QB spot at the same time. Why are we giving up depth at the most important position, when it doesn't even cost that much? Who are we going to replace Moore with that is going to be equal or better? The answer is no one. Pat Devlin is not that guy. Nobody we can get has performed better than Moore.

Let's not forget Moore's 2011 was superior to Tannehills 2012 statisically. Why are we letting him go? Offer him the chance to compete for starting job, which we all know will make Tannehill better not worse, and shore up the backup QB spot at the same time. Why are we giving up depth at the most important position, when it doesn't even cost that much? Who are we going to replace Moore with that is going to be equal or better? The answer is no one. Pat Devlin is not that guy. Nobody we can get has performed better than Moore.

There is no QB competition in Miami. Tannehill is the starter no ifs no buts

Moore knows Joe and Ireland value him. If he doesnt get a starting job or the chance to compete for one then he knows hes welcome back in Miami.

He will probably sign for the Browns or Jets.

There is no QB competition in Miami. Tannehill is the starter no ifs no buts

Moore knows Joe and Ireland value him. If he doesnt get a starting job or the chance to compete for one then he knows hes welcome back in Miami.

He will probably sign for the Browns or Jets.

This is the problem with losing teams. They refuse to have competition. No competition at the most important position on the field. Not to mention the guy you're handing the job to has been inferior to the guy you're letting go. Then you wonder why your team sucks.

Im still not sure that Miami is really that high on Moore they seemed to want anybody but him as the starter last year

The Phins front office and even players have let Moore know they want him back, so its not a secret. Moore wants a legit opportunity to start and I dont blame the guy. He did a great job while he was here and has earned the opportunity to look elsewhere for a starting gig. Telling him he would be competing for a starting job would be flat out lying and every single person involved would know its complete bull****. Horrible idea.

Philbin seems pretty fond of Devlin and I trust his judgement much more than yours, no offense.

Why in the world would you open a QB competition when your second year guy performed as well as he did in his rookie year?

They want Moore back, but not to compete for the starting job. Telling Tannehill that his job is up for grabs now is basically telling him they don't have complete faith in him and would be a wrongheaded move, IMO. Moore might have had a superior 2011, but he wasn't a rookie, either. The coaching staff most likely feels Tannehill has a much higher ceiling, which most observers concur with.

This is the problem with losing teams. They refuse to have competition. No competition at the most important position on the field. Not to mention the guy you're handing the job to has been inferior to the guy you're letting go. Then you wonder why your team sucks.

:rolleyes:

Tannehill is a better qb than Moore, he won the competition ladt year, no competition is required, Miami know it and so does Moore.

Why in the world would you open a QB competition when your second year guy performed as well as he did in his rookie year?

Have you noticed on every national program that covers the NFL they talk of 3 stellar rookie QBs instead of 4? Throwing more interceptions than touchdowns is not "playing well". You are full on delusional.

Have you noticed on every national program that covers the NFL they talk of 3 stellar rookie QBs instead of 4? Throwing more interceptions than touchdowns is not "playing well". You are full on delusional.

I dont think thats fair. He did play well and thats not unexpected of a rookie qb. He still played well( well for a rookie)
Rg3 and Wilson were way ahead of anyone else but thats year one

I see now y u have red rankings... I will leave it at that cause if I said what I was Thinking I'd be banned... Mirror delusional

Absolutely not true. He may not have had the impact the other 3 had as a rookie, but there are plenty of commentators that think he has a very bright future and needs weapons. Your mistake is comparing him relative to the other 3 QB's rather than relative to his own experience and talent surrounding him.

So you're going to start hurling insults? Sorry but I don't have time for you.

Back
Top Bottom