Why is nobody talking about Matt Moore?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by defiant, Mar 7, 2013.

1. defiant

defiant Well-Known Member

Let's not forget Moore's 2011 was superior to Tannehills 2012 statisically. Why are we letting him go? Offer him the chance to compete for starting job, which we all know will make Tannehill better not worse, and shore up the backup QB spot at the same time. Why are we giving up depth at the most important position, when it doesn't even cost that much? Who are we going to replace Moore with that is going to be equal or better? The answer is no one. Pat Devlin is not that guy. Nobody we can get has performed better than Moore.

2. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

There is no QB competition in Miami. Tannehill is the starter no ifs no buts

Moore knows Joe and Ireland value him. If he doesnt get a starting job or the chance to compete for one then he knows hes welcome back in Miami.

He will probably sign for the Browns or Jets.

3. defiant

This is the problem with losing teams. They refuse to have competition. No competition at the most important position on the field. Not to mention the guy you're handing the job to has been inferior to the guy you're letting go. Then you wonder why your team sucks.

4. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Im still not sure that Miami is really that high on Moore they seemed to want anybody but him as the starter last year

5. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

The Phins front office and even players have let Moore know they want him back, so its not a secret. Moore wants a legit opportunity to start and I dont blame the guy. He did a great job while he was here and has earned the opportunity to look elsewhere for a starting gig. Telling him he would be competing for a starting job would be flat out lying and every single person involved would know its complete bull****. Horrible idea.

Philbin seems pretty fond of Devlin and I trust his judgement much more than yours, no offense.

6. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

Why in the world would you open a QB competition when your second year guy performed as well as he did in his rookie year?

7. Shaman

Shaman Well-Known Member

They want Moore back, but not to compete for the starting job. Telling Tannehill that his job is up for grabs now is basically telling him they don't have complete faith in him and would be a wrongheaded move, IMO. Moore might have had a superior 2011, but he wasn't a rookie, either. The coaching staff most likely feels Tannehill has a much higher ceiling, which most observers concur with.

8. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Moore is a luxury not a need. We should w focusing on needs.

9. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

:rolleyes:

Tannehill is a better qb than Moore, he won the competition ladt year, no competition is required, Miami know it and so does Moore.

10. TealAttack13

TealAttack13 A True Fan

Tanny is the guy. Moore knows that and he knows he'll get a shot to compete elsewhere. Kind of a moot point.

11. defiant

Have you noticed on every national program that covers the NFL they talk of 3 stellar rookie QBs instead of 4? Throwing more interceptions than touchdowns is not "playing well". You are full on delusional.

12. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I dont think thats fair. He did play well and thats not unexpected of a rookie qb. He still played well( well for a rookie)
    Rg3 and Wilson were way ahead of anyone else but thats year one

13. NJPHINFAN79

NJPHINFAN79 A True Fan

I see now y u have red rankings... I will leave it at that cause if I said what I was Thinking I'd be banned... Mirror delusional

14. Shaman

Shaman Well-Known Member

Absolutely not true. He may not have had the impact the other 3 had as a rookie, but there are plenty of commentators that think he has a very bright future and needs weapons. Your mistake is comparing him relative to the other 3 QB's rather than relative to his own experience and talent surrounding him.

15. MadDog 88

So you're going to start hurling insults? Sorry but I don't have time for you.

16. defiant

Yes it is. It's not the 1990s anymore. 3 rookie QBs severely outplayed him THIS YEAR ALONE, including some drafted after him.

17. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

TO be fair dolphin fans do the same with Ponder and Locker even though they look like promising qb's also. hell in actuality Blain Gabbert looks like he has promise.

Another example is how people act like Tannehill played so much better than Weeden even though they played pretty damn similar. My main problem with Weeden was lack of development time

18. defiant

Yup. Luck, RG3, Wilson were so far superior to Tannehill, Weeden

19. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

As much as the Fins, allegedly, would love him back for his leadership, inspiration and abilities as a back up, realistically in this division alone he could start for Buffalo and the jests. I'm not convinced he couldn't beat out Kolb, Ponder, Gabbert/Henne, Palmer as well as some others. As a result, he's not top of conversation because most of us know that Matt will do what he prudently should - leave for relatively big bucks now that Alex Smith is off the market to compete for a starting job. This is his golden opportunity.

20. defiant

Tannehills rookie year is virtiually indistinguishable from Chad Henne's first year starting. Enough said, really.

21. MadDog 88

Ponder, Locker, Weeden, Wilson and Gabbert are not even close to Tannehill's ability with pre snap adjustments. Luck and Tannehill are by far the best of the young QBs that do this. I am not trying to minimize Wilson and RGIII but give Tannehill the Seahawks defense, WRs and running game and Tannehill is battling Luck for ROY.

22. NJPHINFAN79

NJPHINFAN79 A True Fan

I agree w ponder and locker although I think thill is better, but I do see them being bashed early in career. Not from me FYI. But gabbert is not going to pan out just IMO . The problem w comparing thill to luck rg3 and Wilson and weeded for that matter is he only played 16 games at QB and is still holding his own as a rookie with limited ( very limited) weapons in his rookie nfl season.

23. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Why would he battle Luck for rookie of the year when RG3 was rookie of the year

24. NJPHINFAN79

NJPHINFAN79 A True Fan

Only someone with limited thinking ability would compare a 16 game college starter to 4 year player who sat for a year in the nfl. Or ur just a troll and I think it's actually both enough said

25. SQuinn17

RG3 and Wilson have much better supporting casts as well. Power running games, seam threat TE's and better WR cores.

26. mega-fin-love

mega-fin-love Just trust me Donator

Crucify me if you want but I still think Moore is better than Tanny as of this moment. Not saying Tanny can't/wont be better....As of now Moore has shown welll.......more.

27. Twitches Brew

Twitches Brew A True Fan

This past season was an exception. Even during the draft last year they talked about how great the QB class was. Luck was pro-ready and took a sorry roster to the playoffs, Washington and Morris did wonders with that system for RG3, and I bet Wilson ends up being better than both of them.

Tanny has, without a doubt, played well enough to be the clear-cut starter going into 2013.

28. MadDog 88

You get my point. Tannehill had Brian Hartline as his #1, Fasano as his main TE and still managed 12 TDs against 13 Int's. His pre snap adjustments, pocket awareness and pocket presence are superior to RGIII and Wilson who run as soon as the pressure is on. Tannehill threw numerous first down and several TDs after audibiling out of the called play. Numerous analysts have set the celing very high for him.

This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

29. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Funny how people want to act like RG3 has such a great cast. Yea its better than Phins but his season was amazing and I dont see any qb doing better than him with the weapons he had.

I mean cant we all agree that tannehill did fine lets not try to dismiss qb's that did much better. I dont think Tannehill would have did better than these guys in same situation, this is not saying tannehill will not be good

30. Vaark

But in several ways, better than the rook years of either Elway or PManning (and with Manning having Faulk, Wayne and a reliable kicker at that). Aside from that, if my memory serves me, after the first year, most on here were still bullish on Henne.

/more_than_enough_said_really

31. MadDog 88

RGIII played very well but look at how dumbed down that system is. He is not going to last in the NFL unless they can turn him in to a guy that can operate within the pocket instead of taking off when there is pressure. Additionally, the read option they are running there, as well as Seattle, was effective but as the season wound down, defenses were learning to contain it.

All the rookies played exceptionally well but have different abilities, just as they have different talent around them.

32. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

There will be no QB competition this year but I hate the thought of Moore going to the Jets. With the lack of 1st round QB's this year Matt should get a good offer from somebody but I'm sad to see him leave.

33. defiant

If Moore goes to NYJ and beats us I'm going to bump this thread.

"Philbin knows all, I trust him more than you" blah blah blah. Exact same crap you people were spewing out when Wannstedt was making franchise crippling decisions. "Well, he's the professional, you're just some guy on a message board." Yeah trusting the professionals and never thinking for yourself has worked out well the last 15 years hasn't it?

34. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

:lol: Keep dreaming dude.

35. Gsmack_42

Gsmack_42 Well-Known Member

36. SQuinn17

Not trying to take anything away from RG3 but it's really no comparison when you look at what he had compared to what Tannehill was working with.

37. Vaark

[​IMG]

38. defiant

Stating that something is possible is not equal to rooting for its fruition. Try to have better reading comprehension.

39. MadDog 88

Initially I thought Moore would go there because I thought the Jets would eat Sanchez' contract and start over. Now, I doubt it. The Jets may call it a competition but looking at who they are looking at, Sanchez will be their starter. Moore is not going some place where he should obviously start but won't even get consideration at the start of the season.

40. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

A very average Santanna Moss and Pierce Garcon is not exactly the marks bros. In fact he did not have one player who caught more than 48 passes too many want to act like any Qb could do what griffin could do.
    How many rookie qb's have a 4 to 1 td to int ratio. Its not just a matter of talent around them.