Why is nobody talking about Matt Moore? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is nobody talking about Matt Moore?

I dont think thats fair. He did play well and thats not unexpected of a rookie qb.

Yes it is. It's not the 1990s anymore. 3 rookie QBs severely outplayed him THIS YEAR ALONE, including some drafted after him.

Absolutely not true. He may not have had the impact the other 3 had as a rookie, but there are plenty of commentators that think he has a very bright future and needs weapons. Your mistake is comparing him relative to the other 3 QB's rather than relative to his own experience and talent surrounding him.

TO be fair dolphin fans do the same with Ponder and Locker even though they look like promising qb's also. hell in actuality Blain Gabbert looks like he has promise.

Another example is how people act like Tannehill played so much better than Weeden even though they played pretty damn similar. My main problem with Weeden was lack of development time

Yup. Luck, RG3, Wilson were so far superior to Tannehill, Weeden

As much as the Fins, allegedly, would love him back for his leadership, inspiration and abilities as a back up, realistically in this division alone he could start for Buffalo and the jests. I'm not convinced he couldn't beat out Kolb, Ponder, Gabbert/Henne, Palmer as well as some others. As a result, he's not top of conversation because most of us know that Matt will do what he prudently should - leave for relatively big bucks now that Alex Smith is off the market to compete for a starting job. This is his golden opportunity.

Tannehills rookie year is virtiually indistinguishable from Chad Henne's first year starting. Enough said, really.

TO be fair dolphin fans do the same with Ponder and Locker even though they look like promising qb's also. hell in actuality Blain Gabbert looks like he has promise.

Another example is how people act like Tannehill played so much better than Weeden even though they played pretty damn similar. My main problem with Weeden was lack of development time
Ponder, Locker, Weeden, Wilson and Gabbert are not even close to Tannehill's ability with pre snap adjustments. Luck and Tannehill are by far the best of the young QBs that do this. I am not trying to minimize Wilson and RGIII but give Tannehill the Seahawks defense, WRs and running game and Tannehill is battling Luck for ROY.

I agree w ponder and locker although I think thill is better, but I do see them being bashed early in career. Not from me FYI. But gabbert is not going to pan out just IMO . The problem w comparing thill to luck rg3 and Wilson and weeded for that matter is he only played 16 games at QB and is still holding his own as a rookie with limited ( very limited) weapons in his rookie nfl season.

Ponder, Locker, Weeden, Wilson and Gabbert are not even close to Tannehill's ability with pre snap adjustments. Luck and Tannehill are by far the best of the young QBs that do this. I am not trying to minimize Wilson and RGIII but give Tannehill the Seahawks defense, WRs and running game and Tannehill is battling Luck for ROY.

Why would he battle Luck for rookie of the year when RG3 was rookie of the year

Tannehills rookie year is virtiually indistinguishable from Chad Henne's first year starting. Enough said, really.

Only someone with limited thinking ability would compare a 16 game college starter to 4 year player who sat for a year in the nfl. Or ur just a troll and I think it's actually both enough said

I dont think thats fair. He did play well and thats not unexpected of a rookie qb. He still played well( well for a rookie)
Rg3 and Wilson were way ahead of anyone else but thats year one
RG3 and Wilson have much better supporting casts as well. Power running games, seam threat TE's and better WR cores.

Crucify me if you want but I still think Moore is better than Tanny as of this moment. Not saying Tanny can't/wont be better....As of now Moore has shown welll.......more.

Have you noticed on every national program that covers the NFL they talk of 3 stellar rookie QBs instead of 4?
This past season was an exception. Even during the draft last year they talked about how great the QB class was. Luck was pro-ready and took a sorry roster to the playoffs, Washington and Morris did wonders with that system for RG3, and I bet Wilson ends up being better than both of them.

Tanny has, without a doubt, played well enough to be the clear-cut starter going into 2013.

Why would he battle Luck for rookie of the year when RG3 was rookie of the year
You get my point. Tannehill had Brian Hartline as his #1, Fasano as his main TE and still managed 12 TDs against 13 Int's. His pre snap adjustments, pocket awareness and pocket presence are superior to RGIII and Wilson who run as soon as the pressure is on. Tannehill threw numerous first down and several TDs after audibiling out of the called play. Numerous analysts have set the celing very high for him.

This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

RG3 and Wilson have much better supporting casts as well. Power running games, seam threat TE's and better WR cores.

Funny how people want to act like RG3 has such a great cast. Yea its better than Phins but his season was amazing and I dont see any qb doing better than him with the weapons he had.

I mean cant we all agree that tannehill did fine lets not try to dismiss qb's that did much better. I dont think Tannehill would have did better than these guys in same situation, this is not saying tannehill will not be good

But in several ways, better than the rook years of either Elway or PManning (and with Manning having Faulk, Wayne and a reliable kicker at that). Aside from that, if my memory serves me, after the first year, most on here were still bullish on Henne.

/more_than_enough_said_really

Back
Top Bottom