why is Oline the priority and not WR? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why is Oline the priority and not WR?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Let me explain. I know what happened last year. I also know we need to get better up front. We need to draft at least 1 olineman or 2. Having said that, the biggest problem we've had for years now it's not scoring enough points. Points in the NFL come from the passing game. So, imo we need guys that can score TDs. A guy I like is Kelvin Benjamin. The guy can be a beast. He needs some work but the tools are there. We have nobody like him on the roster. He could be the target we've been missing for years. I'd take a TD maker over a RT at 19.

Because everyone thinks that our receivers are just fine and dandy, even though none of them are anything special.

Because everyone thinks that our receivers are just fine and dandy, even though none of them are anything special.

None of them are truley special, but they aren't bad either. Our OL is bad, like really bad.

Because our WRs can go out there and at least play well and compete. We still don't have a right guard or right tackle. Besides even if we get a WR it won't mean sh** if Tannehill keeps getting sacked due to not having an o-line.

Heres the simple answer.

If 1 of our top 3 WR's goes down, we are screwed.

If we don't get at least 1 top O-line draft that is ready to start now.....we are screwed.

We could have Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant at WR and it would not make a difference. Tannehill needs time to throw. 50+ sacks in a season? Thats just ridiculous.

Because you could have a HOF TE, PB WR's and a PB RB with a PB QB, and end up 4-12.

Tannehill put up Matt Ryan numbers despite having inferior talent as you would say. And won 4 more games.

None of them are truley special, but they aren't bad either. Our OL is bad, like really bad.

Yes, our OL is a flaming turd, but we should still be looking for upgrades at WR. Most of the guys we have would be nothing but 3rd, or 4th options on other teams.

Yes, our OL is a flaming turd, but we should still be looking for upgrades at WR. Most of the guys we have would be nothing but 3rd, or 4th options on other teams.

Thats your opinion. But win/loss wise, they are far from being as bad as you make them out to be. Fix this line and get a TE.....it isn't that hard to figure out. Getting another WR without fixing the most glaring problem, is stupid. Right now, in the AFC East, MIA does not match up well against any team, up front. NONE.

I don't know about THAT bad.

Wallace in the right system is easily a #1, NOT ELITE, but a #1. Hartline/Gibson remain 2/3's.

I don't know about THAT bad.

Wallace in the right system is easily a #1, NOT ELITE, but a #1. Hartline/Gibson remain 2/3's.

Wallace is the only one that mildly resembles a #1. He suffers from a bad case of the dropsies, so I'd be more inclined to rate him a #2.

erm we have 2 starting linemen.....

Our WR's may be a couple of #2's, and a solid #3, maybe two if Matthews steps up a bit. Our RG and RT are somewhere between #99 and infinity.

Although I do understand your point of view.

These people think McKinnie would be a viable option at RT. Like seriously?:ponder:

It's based on name recognition, and some good thing he said last year. Surely not on his play to anyone who watched.

Back
Top Bottom