why is Oline the priority and not WR? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why is Oline the priority and not WR?

Because we have 2 gaping holes on our Oline, and 1 that's very questionable. We absolutely cannot go into next year without that solved. If we do that, we'll have to replace Tannehill, because at the end he'll be shellshocked like David Carr.

Mike Wallace getting hurt is probably more devastating than Albert getting hurt, if you want to think of it that way.

Hartline is a fine 2 and Gibson is a fine 3. Wallace is a decent 1. Stop hating on these guys get the oline fixed

I would draft a WR who can come in and start and two O-lineman who can also compete for a starting spot....within our first five picks.

If RT & Wallace can connect on the deep ball, the WR unit will be fine.

I was beating the same drum for a little while, but the more I think about it, I really miss having a running game and effective play action. Everyone likes to say this is a passing league now, and it is for sure, but a running game is still important and it improves the passing game by keeping the defense honest. It may not improve point production as well as a good WR/TE would but it comes with other benefits like extending drives, making the QB more comfortable, making the QB less subject to potential injury, reducing the number of situations with high turnover potential, and balancing your offense so you can punish teams that have bad run defenses.

Now I'm not going to go as far as to say we should reach for o-line if it's not there, but I won't be upset if we end up with Martin or trade back and grab a guard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Compare our group to NE. I think we would come out on top in terms of WRs. Fix the line

Again, I never said our oline is fine. My point is that I'd not take a RT at 19 if a playmaking WR is there and he's much better than the RT. I want us to draft a RT but at the right spot. You don't take the 54th best player on the board at 19.

It's easy. Compare our players to Green Bay's. Where are we lacking? It's pretty obvious that Philbin wants GB south in Miami. We need a killer TE. Maybe the Sefferian guy. Imagine a quick Sef and Clay with Gibson, Hartline, Wallace. Someone would be making plays.
What is Lazor's style/ Does he like TE's, speedy WR's.?
I like Hickey so far, and I believe now that he has his opportunity to put his name on 2014, he will take advantage of it. In Hickey I trust!

dolphins almost had 2 1000yd wr's, despite 58 sacks. could you imagine how they would do, with a decent oline?

Again, I never said our oline is fine. My point is that I'd not take a RT at 19 if a playmaking WR is there and he's much better than the RT. I want us to draft a RT but at the right spot. You don't take the 54th best player on the board at 19.

Well its just the way youre coming at this. Sounds like your exagerating WR needs and minimalizing OL needs.

dolphins almost had 2 1000yd wr's, despite 58 sacks. could you imagine how they would do, with a decent oline?

Miami could have made the playoffs if not for the oline play. Not the play of the WRs.

Well its just the way youre coming at this. Sounds like your exagerating WR needs and minimalizing OL needs.

Fair enough. That wasn't my intention. I like our WRs but feel we can use a playmaker. I also agree we need to improve the oline. Just don't want to reach. Maybe a better question could have been. ....are you willing to take a RT with a 2nd or 3rd round grade just cause we need one?

Back
Top Bottom