Why Isn't Anybody Talking About... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Isn't Anybody Talking About...

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Robert Mathis. He is a DE for the Colts and he has had a sack in each game that he played this year. And he isn't even one of there starting DE's and i really don't understand that. He also has 3 force fumbles this season aswell. There is no doubt that he will go to the PB this year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396031

because dwight freeney is on the same team as him. same reason ogunleye didn't get any pub until the season ended

on a side note...

this is largely the same defense the colts failed with last year and the year before, and the year before that... i'm waiting for them to wilt any week now... the rams this week would be a fine litmus test...

^you're right, it's the same defense, which is why they're better now. instead of getting rid of every young player and replacing them with free agents, they've stuck to them and let them develop and grow into good players. worked for dungy in tampa, and he's sticking to it in indy

kastofsna120 said:
^you're right, it's the same defense, which is why they're better now. instead of getting rid of every young player and replacing them with free agents, they've stuck to them and let them develop and grow into good players. worked for dungy in tampa, and he's sticking to it in indy

thats a damn good point. theyve always drafted defensive player after defensive player, and let them learn the system and play...Dungy is a hell of a defensive coach, he built that Bucs D that won the superbowl.

Nappy Roots said:
thats a damn good point. theyve always drafted defensive player after defensive player, and let them learn the system and play...Dungy is a hell of a defensive coach, he built that Bucs D that won the superbowl.

You are correct... Also, Dungy is not afraid to draft players from lower division school as Alabama A&M University (Div. 1AA), where Robert Mathis dominated the Southwest Athletic Conference (SWAC) with the likes of schools such as Southern University, Jackson State University and Grambling University.

Living about an hour from Indy I see ALOT of Colts football. I can tell you this years defense is for real. Are they going to keep thier 5 ppg average on "D"? Of course not, but this defense is fast and the secondary has some VERY hard hitters in Marlin Jackson, Bob Sanders and Mike Doss. With Freeny, Mathis, Bracket, Simeon and company rushing the QB the secondary will get it's share of pics like June has so far. Thier built to give up alot of yards to hold teams to FG's and getting FG's aren't going to beat the Colts.

This defense is starting to resemble Tony's defense in Tampa and we know how great that one was. The Colts are a VERY deadly team and finally have a defense to go with thier offense.

disagreed... they've yet to face a physical, run-first offense with a solid offensive line complimented by a capable quarterback... they have no cover cornerbacks, limited linebackers and little depth... Triplett has finally blossomed, but he disappears when he's nicked up... which will happen any week now...

the Indy D will be exposed by St. Louis this week... but, just wait until they face the New Englands, Cincys, Pittsburghs, San Diegos, Seattles... watch this unit tumble down the defensive rankings as the season progresses...

just my opinion... but i don't believe they're a top 10 defense with their current personnel.... playing SF, Cleveland, Tennessee, and quarterback-less Baltimore has skewed their numbers... ;)

Back
Top Bottom