Why isn’t TE Julius Thomas producing for Miami Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why isn’t TE Julius Thomas producing for Miami Dolphins?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
julius-thomas.jpg

When the Dolphins picked up tight end Julius Thomas in the spring, Adam Gase envisioned getting him back to something along the lines of the outstanding production he put up when they were together in Denver.
That hasn’t materialized in the first four games, and it’s become a touchy subject with Gase. Thomas has nine catches for 86 yards so far, and Gase bristled this week when asked how to get him more involved.
“I can ask the other coordinator to play man,” he said. “But I don’t know if they’re really going to listen to me.”
Opponents’ zone coverage hasn’t been advantageous for Thomas. The best way to maximize his abilities, assuming he can still play somewhat like he did in 2014, is to get him one-on-one against a safety or linebacker. That’s a better matchup for him speed-wise, and those players aren’t usually as adept at defending passes.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...e-julius-thomas-producing-for-miami-dolphins/

The amazing thing is that he seems bigger than before but still can't block and now he's too slow to go downfield. He's also dropped a couple and not try on another one

Ozzy rules!!

I've said this for the last 2 years: our offense does better with a blocking tight end.

You saw this last year, when TE Jordan Cameron went down with injury, we started using blocking TEs Marqueis Gray & Dion Sims, and the result was that our struggling offense took off, and Jay Ajayi became a monster.

Never liked the signing, his Denver teammates thought he was a pussey, not a good sign. Was hoping I'd be wrong.

Did you watch the last two games?

He had two passes nearly identical in both. Both dump and runs that got the team near the goaline.

He can be a good option if the O runs on all cylinders.

he looks like a JAG out there, and he's producing like one.

If we got into the redzone more, he'd produce more. Our entire offense for the most part, isn't producing...so I'm not surprised Thomas isn't either.

"part of the problem is Miami’s only ventured into the red zone six times in four games." - yea i'd ****ing say so. Six redzone appearances in four games? I'm sick to my stomach every time I read about this putrid offense.

He's not being thrown the ball enough. Look he's 6'5" with pretty good hands and is quite athletic for his size. I still think that he's a decent seam threat if Cutler just throws him the damn ball.

I think it was a foregone conclusion amongst the fanboys that the TE position was a major upgrade with J.T. and Fasano in the fold. I'm not sure how getting older and slower was a positive.

Back
Top Bottom