Why isn’t TE Julius Thomas producing for Miami Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why isn’t TE Julius Thomas producing for Miami Dolphins?

The Thomas signing was a hopeful, veteran projection. Sometimes they work (Timmons, Hayes), sometimes they don't (Thomas, Allen). This is just another position group in the team that needs to get younger. I feel like Tannenbaum is that old guy who will always duct tape over a problem rather than buying something new.

That’s cause Manning was making him look good. As Manning did with Gase.

Ironically, Clyde Christensen who also made the Colts offense look good with Manning is also in Miami with Gase. I think Christensen and Tom Moore contributed a lot more to Manning's success than Gase. Remember the colts had some very good RB's like Ajayi to work with as well like Edgerrin James, etc..
Gase and Christensen in Miami should be a recipe for success not disaster. So far, I'm wondering if Manning was making all of them look good rather than good coaching!!!

Ironically, Clyde Christensen who also made the Colts offense look good with Manning is also in Miami with Gase. I think Christensen and Tom Moore contributed a lot more to Manning's success than Gase. Remember the colts had some very good RB's like Ajayi to work with as well like Edgerrin James, etc..
Gase and Christensen in Miami should be a recipe for success not disaster. So far, I'm wondering if Manning was making all of them look good rather than good coaching!!!
One also has to wonder brother if Gase gives up the play calling and lets Clyde run it could it be more of an improved offense.

I think Manning was. Great QBs like Manning and Marino make bad teams look like playoff teams. When Manning went down, the Colts looked absolutely horrible lol. Manning probably has one of the highest football IQs of any QB. I heard that he can remember every play and the responsibility of all the players for those plays. I wish he would give a OC job a try but he has nothing to prove at this point.

I think Manning was. Great QBs like Manning and Marino make bad teams look like playoff teams. When Manning went down, the Colts looked absolutely horrible lol. Manning probably has one of the highest football IQs of any QB. I heard that he can remember every play and the responsibility of all the players for those plays. I wish he would give a OC job a try but he has nothing to prove at this point.
Brother I think Peyton will take it a couple of levels up and use his knowledge, and experience as a player and become a GM.

One also has to wonder brother if Gase gives up the play calling and lets Clyde run it could it be more of an improved offense.

I would like to see Clyde given the chance to call the plays. Gase needs to be the HC and give up the OC duties.

Brother I think Peyton will take it a couple of levels up and use his knowledge, and experience as a player and become a GM.

I think so too. Hell, I wouldn’t mind him replacing TBum here.

I would like to see Clyde given the chance to call the plays. Gase needs to be the HC and give up the OC duties.
I couldn't agree more. Coach Gase needs to be the manager of this team not the OC. Sometimes a leader needs to understand when it is time to relinquish responsibilities.

I didn't realize he only runs at half speed now. He's so slow it's confusing. And Cutler still missed him on a sure 6. Both players look worse than they ever have in the NFL. Not a good sign.

It's not just Julius Thomas, it's the entire offense that stinks right now. When every one else is playing well and he isn't we can take a look deeper into Julius.

Most teams don't play man. Gronk, Kelce, Olsen has no problem. Gase is reaching now.
He's probably upset that the media is calling him out for some poor personnel decisions which are on him and not Tannenbaum and Grier. Like signing Cutler and Thomas...Ted Larson too but he's hurt.

He's probably upset that the media is calling him out for some poor personnel decisions which are on him and not Tannenbaum and Grier. Like signing Cutler and Thomas...Ted Larson too but he's hurt.

Gase definitely doesn’t seem to like getting called out lol. Cutler and Thomas were mistakes.

Did you watch the last two games?

He had two passes nearly identical in both. Both dump and runs that got the team near the goaline.

He can be a good option if the O runs on all cylinders.

Those were plays and halfway competent player would have made.

Back
Top Bottom