Why Miami Dolphins Must Beware of Big-Name WRs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Miami Dolphins Must Beware of Big-Name WRs

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hy-miami-dolphins-must-beware-of-big-name-wrs

Getting Tannehill help is imperative, and with approximately $45 million in cap space at his disposal, Ireland has no excuse for failure. Because the Dolphins so desperately need to upgrade this unit, everybody is operating under the assumption that they will sign Bowe, Jennings or Wallace.
Not so fast.
Handing out mega-contracts to free agent wide receivers is one of the riskiest personnel moves an NFL franchise can possibly make.
Whether it's the transition between systems, issues developing chemistry with a new quarterback or getting complacent after cashing in, high-priced wide receivers have a terrible—and, in the Dolphins' current situation, terrifying—track record.

A Bleacher Report from a blogger......yippee

I want an athletic TE more than one of these big name receivers.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hy-miami-dolphins-must-beware-of-big-name-wrs

Getting Tannehill help is imperative, and with approximately $45 million in cap space at his disposal, Ireland has no excuse for failure. Because the Dolphins so desperately need to upgrade this unit, everybody is operating under the assumption that they will sign Bowe, Jennings or Wallace.
Not so fast.
Handing out mega-contracts to free agent wide receivers is one of the riskiest personnel moves an NFL franchise can possibly make.
Whether it's the transition between systems, issues developing chemistry with a new quarterback or getting complacent after cashing in, high-priced wide receivers have a terrible—and, in the Dolphins' current situation, terrifying—track record.

Yeah, let's just keep what we have, and roll the dice for another WR in the draft who will be the second coming.

Marshall was Pro Bowl, and All Pro, and Vincent Jackson was lights out. Don't want to take a chance on proven #1 WR's, let's just take a draft shot.

Do these guys get paid for these blogs? :)

With ya UK. Does anyone here honestly believe that the "Under The Bleacher Report" has anything better than the posters here, who do not have a site? I don't. I have yet to see anything good which they have put up. JMO

I gave up on bleacher report a long time ago, I saw this on facebook recently though which made me chuckle:

[video=youtube;FT1c3YzkC6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT1c3YzkC6E[/video]

Go to 1:35 to hear the bleacher report lead draft writer call Tannehill the worst pick in the entire draft... you just cant get insight like you can from bleacher report on any other site :lol:

I would only take Jennings and only if his contract involves playing time requirements. Even at 30 he would be a great athlete at WR. He knows the system and will teach our young WRs, specifically the ones drafted this April. He can be a leader. Anyone who signs Wallace will completely overvalue him. We need more than just speed. Jennings brings the whole package, even if it's just for another 2-3 years. By then our younger WRs would have hopefully blossomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you notice the players he listed??? Not one was a #1 WR. Did you not see what Vincent Jackson did last year??? #1 WRs rarely hit the market but when they do, you sign them if you can!!! Wallace or Jennings will be fine with me. Bowe has questionable hands and character so I would shy away from him.

As much as I love Jennings, it is clear that in today's game, speed kills. Mike Wallace would be perfect because he will stretch the field. Not saying we can get a rookie WR as good as Jennings, but you can't find a really fast WR in this draft, and that is a threat we do not have on this team.

Back
Top Bottom