Why Miami Isnt Doomed- A Saints Story | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Miami Isnt Doomed- A Saints Story

Dolfans
Mickey Loomis, who is he, well thats what most Saints fans wondered when he was hired to be GM for Tom Bensons Saints, he brought no pedigree with him he wasnt a boy wonder GM like Scott Pioli had no proven track record like Bill Polian.
Loomis inherited Jim Hasslett when Loomis was prometed to GM in 2002, after 4 years Loomis replaced Hasslet with Sean Payton.
But you fail to mention one thing, we already know who Jeff Ireland is and he is an idiot. I have no faith that he is capable of making sound decisions for this team. It may happen, but I will not hold my breath.

But you fail to mention one thing, we already know who Jeff Ireland is and he is an idiot. I have no faith that he is capable of making sound decisions for this team. It may happen, but I will not hold my breath.

Why is this excepted among dolfans? did he trade away an entire draft for one player? did he trust his medical staff before his scouting staff?

Its because he didnt draft Dez Bryant? who cant stay out of trouble? or because he did what 90% of the people that post here would have done when your boss tells you come with me we are going to interview Harbaugh, this one really gets me the fake loyalty people display here half the fans here turn on a player game to game yet act like Ireland should have stood up to Ross.

Drew Brees.

We have crap at the QB position. And no Matt Moore is not a franchise or good QB.

The Saints did not have a QB like Brees until they took a shot on a Qb who's injury was so severe, he already had one leg out the door.

----Things can change very quickly----

Miami could end up getting Flynn or draft a QB that shows success from the get go.

Uh yea, Miami is doomed for the foreseeable future. This isn't at all comparable to the Saints whatsoever. While they signed Drew Brees, we traded a 2nd round pick for a QB who tore 3 ligaments in his knee. We're a joke franchise. Have been for over a decade. Will remain one as long as we're trotting out mediocre bum Qb's like Matt Moore, clueless GM's like Jeff Ireland, and rummaging through garbage heaps looking for head coaches like Mike McCoy.

On the contrary, it is very comparable. Loomis and Payton did not have Brees on the roster when they took over the Saints and neither had a track record. You are playing a shell game with your arguments. You mention the last 10yrs, then cast aspersions at Moore and Ireland, when they had absolutely nothing to do with this organization 10yrs ago. This is Irelands 1st yr where he has really been in charge and we don't know what direction the franchise will take.
Your entire post is disjointed.

Amen to that!!! So when are we bringing in the great football guy as our GM and get rid of Ireland ? Really, I dont see all this blind faith in a guy who's done next to nothing for us and just figures out how to survive. He has very little talent evaluation skills, asks inappropriate questions of guys coming out of school, completely rolls on his H/C in order to save his job last year, now he's moving to the next level this season between the Fisher deal and now narrowing down any coach search to Coord's that will be very reliant and compliant to him as GM. He's been and continues to be as damaging as any coach we've ever had. Defend him all you want, but until he's gone, we'll never sniff being a serious contender.

On the contrary, it is very comparable. Loomis and Payton did not have Brees on the roster when they took over the Saints and neither had a track record. You are playing a shell game with your arguments. You mention the last 10yrs, then cast aspersions at Moore and Ireland, when they had absolutely nothing to do with this organization 10yrs ago. This is Irelands 1st yr where he has really been in charge and we don't know what direction the franchise will take.
Your entire post is disjointed.

Shell arguments such as comparing the Saints situation to the Dolphins situation? Those kind of shell arguments?

Countrary to popular belief, Jeff Ireland wasn't cryogenitically frozen in 2008 and only recently thawed.

Shell arguments such as comparing the Saints situation to the Dolphins situation? Those kind of shell arguments?

Countrary to popular belief, Jeff Ireland wasn't cryogenitically frozen in 2008 and only recently thawed.

Its obvious that you don't even know what a shell game is. You will remain willfully ignorant as long as it fits your narrative. I doubt that you even read the entire opinion piece that started this thread.

Its obvious that you don't even know what a shell game is. You will remain willfully ignorant as long as it fits your narrative. I doubt that you even read the entire opinion piece that started this thread.

Hmm, perhaps it is a misunderstand about the original post, let me break down the cliffnotes and see if they match what you got.

Saints owner is bad---->hires Gm----->Gm hires "no name" coach---->winning ensues---->owner deemed brilliant because he allows them to do their job. From there the original poster brings up the Dolphins: have faith in Ireland---->supposedly good Gm if you believe hard enough that he is a good Gm----->Ross has the best idea, though not most original, ever----->fans supposedly want "stars" and "playcallers" while owner and Gm really know whats going on (wink wink)---->brings up more football greats that have utterly nothing to do with this situation---->ends post with conclusion about how we are supposedly following the Saints method.

Do tell, which part of that isn't absolutely bathed in ignorance?

Drew Brees.

We have crap at the QB position. And no Matt Moore is not a franchise or good QB.

Matt Moore finished the season with a QBR that ranked 12th in the NFL. He may not be a franchise QB, but he is a good QB.

Zodiac, this is one of the best posts I've read here. You are 110% correct. I'm tired of all the negitivity on this board. Ross is doing this the right way, and Ireland is a good GM. I think they'll get the right coach.

Matt Moore finished the season with a QBR that ranked 12th in the NFL. He may not be a franchise QB, but he is a good QB.

Well he was this year but until he can do it over a full season and not off and on he still has alot to prove but hell on this site Matt Moore is a good qb and Matt Ryan is a caretaker qb so who knows

no offense what-so-ever... but you could of wrote the story like this and it would have had the same ending...

Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. DREW BREES

Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. WIN SUPER BOWL.

It's all about the QB. We never address the position so we stay in the middle or near the bottom of the league. They addressed it and now their enjoying successful seasons year in and year out.

See "The Shining" and you will likely not type repetitive words...

I am still trying to figure out where all this talent is that Ireland found for the team. Ireland has brought mediocre players to the team and it shouldn't surprise that the fins record is mediocre because of this. I am not saying this cannot be fixed, even within a season's time but I do not believe that Ireland is the man to do it. I may be wrong in my assessment of the talent on this team and with a new coach we may yet make the playoffs this year, we shall see.

Dolfans

I like you want to win very much however all this negative chatter has me annoyed from Ireland is a bum, Ross is an idiot, no great coach will come here, we need leaders blah,blah,blah.

A Saints Story, why did I use that in the title because if your like me you can remember when the Saints where the Aints and considered the worst team in football.
Owner Tom Benson was widely considered a bad owner, viewed by many as a laughing stock by insiders(sound familiar) in his desperation to be a winner he hired a "name" head coach (Ditka),that failed- not a surprise.

Mickey Loomis, who is he, well thats what most Saints fans wondered when he was hired to be GM for Tom Bensons Saints, he brought no pedigree with him he wasnt a boy wonder GM like Scott Pioli had no proven track record like Bill Polian.
Loomis inherited Jim Hasslett when Loomis was prometed to GM in 2002, after 4 years Loomis replaced Hasslet with Sean Payton.
Yes Sean Payton one of the best current Head Coaches in the game today, but again was anyone dancing in the streets in early 2006? most likely not, once they learned that Payton while working for the NY Giants as OC in 2002 had his play calling duties taken away by then Giants head coach Jim Fassel.

The Saints became contenders when the Owner allowed a football guy, his GM to run the team.
Loomis hired Payton and the team signed Brees, all moves made by an organization not some super star head coach.

Im in no way suggestion Miami will become successful like New Orleans my point is that perceptions change with winning, I like Jeff Ireland, I believe in Ireland.
I believe Ross has the correct idea regarding the way the team should be structured( GM seperate from HC ) a simple view of the history of the league shows that with few exceptions( JJ in Dallas, Belicheck in NE) winning teams are set up with seperation of power.

This hire will be Stephen Ross & Jeff Irelands first hire, I unlike many have no concern over the lack of "star" candidates, this obssession with a coach being a "play caller", seriously?
Bill Walsh was considered one of the greatest coaches of all time, he was a play caller therefor Mike Holgren didnt get to call plays however he turned out to be a pretty good HC.

I will reserve critisim or doom and gloom predicitions, I feel the job Ireland has done turning the roster from when he took over as GM in '08( I know about Parcells keeping it simple giving Ireland credit good and bad for all things GM since '08) is a very respectful one.
All GM's hit and miss with talent, clearly the Miami Dolphins have work to be done by no means are they on the door step of a super bowl, however Im confidant in Ross and his vision of this team to allow time to prove him right or wrong, beacuse I know the Saints story.
Problem is, you need a GM who will select the right QB first. Can Ireland do that? We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom