Why not do a Jimmy Johnson draft this year. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not do a Jimmy Johnson draft this year.

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Simple question.Why not do a Jimmy Johnson draft this year.trade down as many times as you can and build through the draft.we have way to many problems and we need more players than we have picks.
Back off the FA this year.
Build Build Build through the draft after we fire the clown in charge of the last few drafts.

Simple question.Why not do a Jimmy Johnson draft this year.trade down as many times as you can and build through the draft.we have way to many problems and we need more players than we have picks.
Build Build Build through the draft after we fire the clown in charge of the last few drafts.
Because we have an idiot in charge who will rather draft up and waste the pick. I'm not even trying to be sensationalist here, but Tannenbaum is all about the splashy move in my opinion.

Because we don't have a Hershel Walker and we would not find a stupid trading partner like the Vikings. You are talking about a team who missed it's picks in drafts because of taking too much time.

We are probably the Vikings on the end of any of those trades or pull a Ditka deal (Ricky Williams).

Last edited:
And we dont recognize talent so 1 or 20 picks would probably equal 1 or 20 scout team players.

Because we don't have a Hershel Walker and we would not find a stupid trading partner like the Vikings. You are talking about a team who missed it's picks in drafts because of taking too much time.

We are probably the Vikings on the end of any of those trades.
He built the Dolphins the same way, we didn't have a Hershel Walker then.

I been asking this questions for eons, why is Jimmy so good at trading down and picking up talent? Can't Gase do the same thing?

He built the Dolphins the same way, we didn't have a Hershel Walker then.
He built what with the Dolphins? He was cap strapped from the last Shula year throughout his tenure. He was never able to transform the offense to what he wanted it to be.
I am all for trading down. We have to many holes to fill. But to do make a significant trade for picks you either have to have the picks or the players to trade. And you have to have the willing trading partners.

You also have to consider that we have only 40 players under contract for next year.

It can be a winning philosophy. Jimmy Johnson had success with that as well as some misses --- trading out of round one and missing out on Randy Moss comes to mind.

Miami is trending toward a top 10 pick so it's possible they could have an elite prospect, maybe a true shutdown corner or a difference maker on the defensive line. I think it just depends who is there and what you can get with a trade down.

I been asking this questions for eons, why is Jimmy so good at trading down and picking up talent? Can't Gase do the same thing?
I have been hoping for a long time we would do this also but you need a great horse trader to get it done. The Pats have done very well and I believe Bill B learned some of his moves from JJ

IMO we need stars to compliment our current players. The jj method is great if you’re completely rebuilding. We already didn’t trade Landry. Can’t trade suh. You want trade tannehill for a 2nd?

The browns results aren’t there yet, but they have some pieces and a boat load of picks coming up.

And the biggest piece is the one they didn't trade away from.

People call for trading down every year (though usually not this early). I honestly believe it has more to do with hearing the Phins pick on draft days and the false belief that you can land equally good talent in any round. Trade downs are fine the day of when they are purposeful and you see that your draft grades don't fall much in the moment. And when you don't have Tbum making the picks.

And the biggest piece is the one they didn't trade away from.

People call for trading down every year (though usually not this early). I honestly believe it has more to do with hearing the Phins pick on draft days and the false belief that you can land equally good talent in any round. Trade downs are fine the day of when they are purposeful and you see that your draft grades don't fall much in the moment. And when you don't have Tbum making the picks.
Smh I just don’t get the tannenbaum hate on this site. Its beyond delusional

Back
Top Bottom