why ogun has not been signed. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why ogun has not been signed.

feelthepain said:
because he is already in shape.

How do you know he is in shape? I havent heard anything except that he is doing offseason workouts which could be true.. and could be bull...

And.. sadly, its not football shape

Rick may be seeing what develops in camp from the DE position. If Grigsby or someone else comes on, he may trade Ogun. If nobody steps up, which is probable, he'll sign Ogun. RS is waiting for all the info to come in before making a decision. Smart in my opinion, as there is nothing to lose.

phinman1 said:
Rick may be seeing what develops in camp from the DE position. If Grigsby or someone else comes on, he may trade Ogun. If nobody steps up, which is probable, he'll sign Ogun. RS is waiting for all the info to come in before making a decision. Smart in my opinion, as there is nothing to lose.
I agree 100%. I like Ogunleye and all, but I just think he's asking for a tad too much. Plus the fact that him and his agent refuse to work with Miami's system of breaking up the signing bonus into two years bothers me. As much as I like Ogun, and think he is a fantastic DE, I can't help but hope that one of our backup DE's steps up and proves just how much JT is a factor in why the other side is so good.

But believe me, I definitly want our best on the field. I just don't want to get into the cap troubles that the Titans got them selves into.

I guess the only downside to my theory is, that from what I've read in the camp reports, the only one that's doing any dominating is JT.:( At the DE possition that is. Chester is, from what I've read, an animal this year. I can't wait to see him at his more athletic weight.

I think they should get this done. Ogun is 26 years old and has a long bright future in the NFL.

F150&Dolfan said:
I think they should get this done. Ogun is 26 years old and has a long bright future in the NFL.
Unfortunately, your sig reminds me of why I worry that 26 isn't all that young anymore. Ricky was only 27 when he retired. Let's just hope Ogun, doesn't buy into your sig.

:shakeno:
A day without a Buzz is a day that never was!!!!!!

It is obvious why we haven't signed him. Money. He wnats Kearse, Wistrom, JT money when he doesn't deserve it.

I got a feeling that by this time next week that O-gun will be signed.

It's totally about money. Ogun and Rosenhose aren't blind and saw what "lesser" DE's like Wistrom got, and want at least that money. Whether Ogun deserves it or not is another matter entirely, but that's their stance. The problem is that the owner has said that Ogun is a "good but not great" player, and thus HE won't allow Ogun to be paid like a "great" player. Now if the Dolphins offered him a contract that gave him money in the 2nd year, the obvious move is to sit-out for the 10 games and go onto the market, where someone is sure to overpay him.

Back
Top Bottom