Why optimism for the 2017 Miami Dolphins should be real | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why optimism for the 2017 Miami Dolphins should be real

Are you serious? He was a top 10 QB last year. Tannehill has arrived

By what statistic was he top 10? ESPN QBR bottom 3rd of the league. NFL passer rating he was around 13. Int's # 15. Yards #26. Completion %age #5. I guess you go by completions per attempt.

You can win with Tannehill, but he is not the reason you win.

Ironic that you wrote this as a slight but simply stated the truth about football. Winning has to do with a team's staff and all of it's players, not an individual.

****ing fantasy football has ruined fans and proper prospective.

The year the Giants won their first Super Bowl under Eli Manning, he threw 4 picks in one game during the regular season. The fanbase thought they knew for certain he wasn't the guy, lol.

Ryan is so underrated and second guessed it's criminal. Toughest QB I've ever seen play besides maybe Brett Favre. That shot to his knee killed Carson Palmer's prime...and that's exactly who I liken him to; an ascending Carson Palmer. Only Ryan gets to continue ascending during his prime.

I knew the first year that he was the real deal. He's weathered countless storms under Philbin, took unjust criticism without a whimper. I'm ecstatic his payoff is Gase as a mentor. He's always been a class act and so is his family.

I'm an unabashed admirer of that guy. He just keeps getting better and this year seems no different other than the offense stabilizing around him.

Last edited:
By what statistic was he top 10? ESPN QBR bottom 3rd of the league. NFL passer rating he was around 13. Int's # 15. Yards #26. Completion %age #5. I guess you go by completions per attempt.
I used my eyes and I should have qualified by saying before he got hurt. He was top 10 in passer rating at the time

And btw he was top 10 in ypa which is a very important stat. So yes completion percentage, red zone passer rating and ypa

Last edited:
If this is your mindset, you've got the wrong sport. Go watch basketball.

I watched Marino do it. I watched Elway do it. I watched Manning do it. I watch Brady do it.

Nothing wrong with wanting better for your team it's called being a fan. In fact I watch Dan win an Atlanta game in 95 when the whole team was playing like dog **** except him. Throw a 21 yard TD pass to Fryer that had no business being completed and won the game with no time on the clock 21-20.

So yeah go play fantasy football man if you think one player can't elevate the whole team to greatness by being great.

I think if the defense improves(which I have my doubts), RT will be better because he will not have as much pressure to score everytime we have the ball. I think the reason the Pats(and other contending teams) have been so dominate against us recently is because everytime they get they get the ball we rarely stop their offense and with the offensive screw ups we endure it puts us in a hole that is hard to fill. If the defense can be 50/50 and the offense can give them a breather as opposed to 3 and out 80% of the time, we can improve. Do I think RT will ever be guy that the team can ride his back if the they are not doing their part, NO. He will never be elite. But if he be a dependable part of the whole, he can be good. Is that Superbowl good? Probably not.

I agree with this but I can still want him to be "elite".

I watched Marino do it. I watched Elway do it. I watched Manning do it. I watch Brady do it.

Nothing wrong with wanting better for your team it's called being a fan. In fact I watch Dan win an Atlanta game in 95 when the whole team was playing like dog **** except him. Throw a 21 yard TD pass to Fryer that had no business being completed and won the game with no time on the clock 21-20.

So yeah go play fantasy football man if you think one player can't elevate the whole team to greatness by being great.

If the defense doesn't stuff FB Craig Hayward on 4&1 with only 1:49 left in the game and turn the ball over to the offense, the offense (or just Marino as you would say) never gets a chance to complete the comeback and win the game. No single player carries a football team and wins games, not even those who play the heralded QB position.

If the defense doesn't stuff FB Craig Hayward on 4&1 with only 1:49 left in the game and turn the ball over to the offense, the offense (or just Marino as you would say) never gets a chance to complete the comeback and win the game. No single player carries a football team and wins games, not even those who play the heralded QB position.

One player can change the game however. Tannehill is good I want him to be great. The D did stuff Hayward but only after Marino lead a lengthy drive to pull to within 15 - 20 on a Parmalee rushing TD. The D tried to give that game away since they pinned the Offense on the Miami 27 and to this day why Atlanta didn't kick a filed goal is beyond me. That would have made the game 15 - 23 with Miami having 1 timeout left and needing a 2pt conversion to tie.

Tannehill has a few of those clutch drives under his belt but now I want to see him do it with consistency. If someone else on the team gives it away so be it. Kenny Stills is a prime example, that Seattle game is 100% on him. That pass was perfect and he dropped it for the win. So one player can change the game outcome on any given play.

How can the team have been playing like dogshit except for him? He threw 2 INTs. He wasn't sacked. Miami had 428 yards in the game to Atlanta's 296.

One player can change the game however. Tannehill is good I want him to be great. The D did stuff Hayward but only after Marino lead a lengthy drive to pull to within 15 - 20 on a Parmalee rushing TD. The D tried to give that game away since they pinned the Offense on the Miami 27 and to this day why Atlanta didn't kick a filed goal is beyond me. That would have made the game 15 - 23 with Miami having 1 timeout left and needing a 2pt conversion to tie.

Tannehill has a few of those clutch drives under his belt but now I want to see him do it with consistency. If someone else on the team gives it away so be it. Kenny Stills is a prime example, that Seattle game is 100% on him. That pass was perfect and he dropped it for the win. So one player can change the game outcome on any given play.

Our first play of the second quarter determined the game? What about the remaining 44 minutes?

Last edited:
How can the team have been playing like dogshit except for him? He threw 2 INTs. He wasn't sacked. Miami had 428 yards in the game to Atlanta's 296.

At the half Marino was 16 of 23 with 79 passing yards a TD and a pick (QB Rating 70.7) After the half he was 19 of 27 with 264 passing yards a TD and a pick (QB Rating 98.5).

Our first play of the second quarter determined the game? What about the remaining 44 minutes?

So I'll concede hindsight is 20/20 and maybe there was way too much time to play to use Stills as an example. Better case would have been Rodger's throw in the playoffs and that sideline pass he completed to win that game.

This is key questions? ? Yes dolphins made playoff last yr. But can we beat big boy in afc, den,n.e,pit,kc,oak,bal, and maybe ten and cin ... i think these are best team in afc now.

So I'll concede hindsight is 20/20 and maybe there was way too much time to play to use Stills as an example. Better case would have been Rodger's throw in the playoffs and that sideline pass he completed to win that game.

Helluva throw, but it doesn't happen without an incredible effort and catch by Jared Cook (not to mention 6 seconds of pass protection)

No one player wins games by themselves in football.

Helluva throw, but it doesn't happen without an incredible effort and catch by Jared Cook (not to mention 6 seconds of pass protection)

No one player wins games by themselves in football.

Not what I said. I said they can change the game. Tannehill isn't a game changer yet, he's good and you can win with him but he isn't great.

Carring a team doesn't mean you win it outright by yourself. It means you lead them and make them better around you.

Back
Top Bottom