Why so much hate toward our Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why so much hate toward our Dolphins?

vega51

Active Roster
Reaction score
Because we are the only NFL team to go undefeated.
Patriots may have many rings, Dallas called America's Team, but no one has a ring going undefeated.

Popping champagne every year when the last undefeated team loses probably doesn't help. But F 'em! I don't think Miami is hated as much as NE or Dallas.

I can see your point, but we don't get any respect from the media, outside Miami, why? We have maybe the best QB in history and because he did not win a super bowl many "experts" does not give credit to Marino.
Is Marino's fault he did not had a running game? Or defense was so bad?

In this league, there's a few years lag for reality to catch up to perception. And that's why the reality of Tuna as a "franchise rebuilder" took a few years to kick in.

Considering we've had 3 laughingstock HCs in Cameron, The Meatball and Philbin, a near laughingstock in Wanny and a lying quitter in Saban, we've looked rudderless for quite some time despite that 2008 illusion that was shot full of holes in the Ravens PO game. Hard to respect these guys.

IMO Gase has done more in 1 year to reconcile present reality with clown perception than anyone could have imagined. But we're not quite there yet.

Hate? From whom? I usually get sympathy and a couple pats on the back from fans of other teams. Except from cowboys fans. :thumbsdown

OT but ...Sweet emo options on the tablet. No way that middle finger one is going to incite things in the future :laugh

Hate? From whom? I usually get sympathy and a couple pats on the back from fans of other teams. Except from cowboys fans. :thumbsdown

OT but ...Sweet emo options on the tablet. No way that middle finger one is going to incite things in the future :laugh

Same. Fins aren't a common team people rag on like the Cowboys or freakin' Jets. They're just kind of there. No one expects anything from them. If you like them...okay. At least it's not the Browns (though that will be changing). I don't take the crap that most of my buddies do. And it will be a pleasant surprise when the Fins keep surging upward pushing that playoff boundary.

I can see your point, but we don't get any respect from the media, outside Miami, why? We have maybe the best QB in history and because he did not win a super bowl many "experts" does not give credit to Marino.
Is Marino's fault he did not had a running game? Or defense was so bad?

That's because we don't deserve it. Would you respect the Browns or Bills for one playoff run after over a decade of ineptitude? I wouldn't. No one besides fans are going to believe until the success is sustained over multiple seasons.

I think it's hilarious that the undefeated season is still brought up as much as it is. It happened over 40 years ago. Let's stop living in the past and build a decent team for once in 20+ years.

This team got plenty of respect from about 1970 through circa 2003. They deserved it. They haven't deserved anything but contempt since then, and it's not nearly as bad as it could be (even after going a hair's breadth from a winless season, this team never got the loser designation reserved for teams like the Lions and the Browns).

I think it's hilarious that the undefeated season is still brought up as much as it is. It happened over 40 years ago. Let's stop living in the past and build a decent team for once in 20+ years.

If you're an ugly woman, better flaunt that rear end.....

The hate started when Jimmy Johnson took over. The media loved Don Shula and Dan Marino. Jimmy brought that ****y arrogance, though I loved every bit of it except for getting blown out of the playoffs every year.

They will grow to love Adam Gase's Dolphins. Some already have.

But yeah, **** them all. I hope the 72 gang continues to pop bottles and throws it in everyone's face every year.

In this league, there's a few years lag for reality to catch up to perception. And that's why the reality of Tuna as a "franchise rebuilder" took a few years to kick in.

Considering we've had 3 laughingstock HCs in Cameron, The Meatball and Philbin, a near laughingstock in Wanny and a lying quitter in Saban, we've looked rudderless for quite some time despite that 2008 illusion that was shot full of holes in the Ravens PO game. Hard to respect these guys.

IMO Gase has done more in 1 year to reconcile present reality with clown perception than anyone could have imagined. But we're not quite there yet.

Great post!

We've still got a hill to climb, but at least we're on it now.

Back
Top Bottom