Why the 50 post count to PM on here? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the 50 post count to PM on here?

Remy_Basara_UK

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey there mods/admins etc... I've been on this board for a few years now & lurk nearly every week, but because I don't post anything unless I actually feel I have something useful to add, which isn't that often given that living in the UK means I am normally receiving news etc from YOU guys. But this means my post count is still very low &this means I still cannot send PMs? (and I guess I cannot receive them either).

So why this rule? Its very frustrating. I see people posting complete rubbish and spam all over the site every day and as annoying as that is, I feel more agrieved you are actually encouraging me to do the same.. :goof:

So.. what gives? I'm on tons of forums and I've never seen anything like this.

Do you want me to go on a "post a load of inane prattle" drive or what?

I should add I checked the FAQ and TOS etc and couldn't find anything about it... apologies in advance if an explanation is hidden somewhere! I just couldn't find it.

Hey wow, look, I've already started the drive to 50! (by not editing my post which I would've done on any other board...)

Remy_Basara_UK said:
:confused:
No answers...

Should I go ahead and keep adding to this thread until I hit 50?
I'm no mod or admin,but I think it's in place for "trolls" bro? ya know spamming................yeah just post in threads until you hit 50 man.

EDIT:Btw Welcome to Finheaven:dolphins:

Thanks inFINS. Thats much better! :dolphins:
Have to comment - I've always loved your AV and how its 'developed' over the years. Cracking stuff. Wayne's such a dood ya'knooow!

Any idea why its set-up like that with the 50 posts though here?

phinatic13 - thanks for the welcome. ;)

poongravy - Only 2004 eh? I forget how long I've been here... I've been online Dolphins forums a lot longer than that.. I go back to the usenet days! alt.sports.football.dolphins wasn't it? :cooldude:

culpepper2chambers - It's not about being interested in threads, its about just not wanting to post "noise"... there's already plenty enough noise on this forum unfortunately, I don't usually like to add to it.

But anyway, inFINS has sorted it, so thats all good now. :wink:

yes, its set to 50 post so people don't sign up here to just spam via PMs or troll via PMs sure they will just post it, but we can see when they post it, we can't see it when the PM you it.

Remy_Basara_UK said:
Thanks inFINS. Thats much better! :dolphins:
Have to comment - I've always loved your AV and how its 'developed' over the years. Cracking stuff. Wayne's such a dood ya'knooow!

Any idea why its set-up like that with the 50 posts though here?
Just to foil spammers. We've previously had problems with people signing up just to send PMs to everyone trying to get them to join other forums.

This av is a favorite of mine too....before this one, I changed on average of once a week. :lol: This one has stood the test but, it has to evolve to satisfy my need for new. I love new.

Thanks for the explanation InFINS and Mindwarp - maybe worth adding to your FAQ pages somewhere and maybe explaining what to do if you are in my situation?

I thought it had to be something like that. Finheaven must've been pretty unfortunate to attract that kind of attention though, like I say, I've never seen another forum have to do something this extreme. The 50 is a bit high for us poor news-starved non-spam posters from outside of the USA though I feel still! ;)

Then again that may only be me... :tongue:

Hardcore Wayne H is very cool, especially the tatoo, he looks like a couple of my mates style with that one... but I still slightly prefer the old devil Wayne's I have to admit. :D

its a decent rule, but i see over at canes heaven its only 10 posts....lol pretty big difference, still good that you have the rule there though...

Back
Top Bottom