Why there is no question about Ryan Tannehill and his $17.5 million | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why there is no question about Ryan Tannehill and his $17.5 million

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
This is his opinion not mine.

usa_today_9741126.0.jpg

The Miami Dolphins signed quarterback Ryan Tannehill to a six-year contract in 2015, appearing to lock down the man they regard as their franchise quarterback through the 2020 season. However, that contract essentially becomes three one-year deals after the 2017 season, when the guaranteed money in drops to just the remaining pro-rated signing bonus (until the fifth day of each league year). The Dolphins could escape a large salary cap hit if they were to release Tannehill, and it is something that fans and the media have been discussing.
And it makes no sense.
https://www.thephinsider.com/2017/8...i-dolphins-future-rumors-jay-cutler-adam-gase

Last edited:
Wow, great write up, and it actually makes sense. Kevin Nogle normally writes great articles with great information, and worth while opinions unlike the other writers. Very Nice Kevin, I agree!!!

Agree but not on the timetable of his return had he gotten surgery. Too many examples of guys coming back way sooner than 10-12 months. Saying early October at the earliest after praising his toughness and healing is ridiculous. Welker tore it in week 17, was older than Ryan and ready for camp on a limited basis as an example. He played week 1 and I think WR is a little more demanding on your knees than QB.

Great article. Thanks. I'm still of the belief that they do restructure his contract this season and maybe even extend it a year. It'll show Tannehill he is still their guy and allow the Fins to restructure it in a way to retain Landry.

Tannehill has trade value. A cut or release would be phenomenally stupid.

He doesn't have the value a lot of Dolphin fans think, but he definitely has value.

If Cutler plays well, trade Tanny and give Cutler a two year contract and draft a young QB in next year's bumper crop of talent.

Tannehill has trade value. A cut or release would be phenomenally stupid.

He doesn't have the value a lot of Dolphin fans think, but he definitely has value.

If Cutler plays well, trade Tanny and give Cutler a two year contract and draft a young QB in next year's bumper crop of talent.

I like this plan. What are you thinking, 2nd round at best? Or maybe two 2nds?

Miami must draft a qb next year, no matter. There is no guarantee he can be effective and missing all of camp, is not a good start. Miami must hedge its bet

If we did decide to trade Jacksonville may be a good location as they are in a position with skills spots and are stuck with Bortles. They probably prefer to not have to groom starting next year.

Back
Top Bottom