Why Tyler Eifert HAS to be our pick at #12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Tyler Eifert HAS to be our pick at #12

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Our redzone offense has been awful. A young quarterback's best friend is not a running game, it is a security blanket at TE. The greatest thing about Eifert is that he is exactly that, a security blanket. At 6'5 1/2 and his long arms he has such a big catch radius to put the ball. He just said the one player he compares himself to Jimmy Graham and I definitely see the comparison. They are both OUTSTANDING at "Boxing out defenders and grabbing the rebound at the HIGHEST POINT" ohh wait.. they're not playing basketball anymore.......... But the way they can shield off defenders and high point the football is the reason why Jimmy is the best TE in the league and Eifert is the best TE in the draft. He is a GREAT REDZONE THREAT and will instantly improve our redzone offense.Although he is no Gronkowski when it comes to blocking, he has improved every year and half of blocking at TE is effort which he shows in the ruun game....He is a very crisp route runner, lining up at times as an X receiver and running dig routes... Very smooth in his breaks for being 6'5 +.. My one concern with him is his speed. He just said a high time for him Saturday will be a 4.5.. He looks more along the lines of a 4.7.. That is what made me skeptical about taking him at #12 but his ability to box out defenders and go get the football is what has swayed my opinion. With 2-3 receivers next year (hopefully Wallace, and Greg) and reggie bush expected to have a way bigger role in the pass game as a 3rd down back and possibly (and hopefully) as a slot and outside receiver.. With the emergence of Miller and Wallace and Greg on the outside, Eifert down the middle, and Reggie and Bess underneath we have the POTENTIAL
to field a top 5 offense next year...Ireland make it happen!!!

I take Buoniconti's opinions and go the other way.

Not happening!! There is no way they stay at 12 and draft someone who could potentially drop to the 2nd round. If he is there with our first pick in round 2 great but I don't see it happening so if we drop back and acquire some additional picks I'd be ok w/ it.

Many other positions of need to address I just don't think TE is the #1 position to fill regardless of what we do in FA.

I don't think there is ANYBODY that HAS to be our pick. There are quite a few options we could go with at 12. Patterson at WR? Eifert at TE? Warmack at OG? Millner at CB? Maybe one of the many DEs available? What we do in FA will have a big say in where we go in the draft, but right now, we have alot of options that will all help our team

i think most of us are 'all in' on drafting a TE ... but not at #12 ... not unless he is a 'special' player -- and don't see Eifert or Ertz as 'special'

There a few options for big tight ends that make reaching for one at 12 a potentially bad idea, that is unless you believe Tyler is so much better than the others and that he will be an all-pro.

I am not convinced that much separates him from Zach Ertz, or even Gavin Escobar for that matter. There actually are a few other interesting tight ends out there as well.

I'm thinking unless one guy greatly separates himself, it would make more sense to grab one later. Doesn't seem like great value with the 12th pick.

I like Tyler Eifert and have no problem with taking him at #12! He will be a quality TE in this league. He was the only bright spot in Notre Dame's debacle in the the National championship game. Also, he did it against the number one ranked corner in this draft in Dee Milliner. I think if we are going to catch the Patriots we have to get some more pass rushers so they don't double team Cam Wake all day!ALA GIANTS! The recipe of beating Brady is hit his fairy ass all day!!

There's no way he's even close to being the 12th-best player in this draft. He may not even be top-30. This would be a huge instance of 'reaching for need'.

Would love to have Eifert at some point in the draft but not at 12. You could probably trade down into the lower part of the 1st and still get him while also picking up some more value in the 2nd/3rd.

Agree that it would greatly enhance our Red Zone which is pretty poor right now. I'd also consider Toilolo TE for Standford in the 4th/5th

Cordarrelle Patterson at #12. Dude is going to be incredible.

btw, dude is 6'2" not 6-3. more evidence of puffing him up.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

There's no way he's even close to being the 12th-best player in this draft. He may not even be top-30. This would be a huge instance of 'reaching for need'.

wrong.

Tyler Eifert would have far more impact on this team day one than corrderelle patterson any way you slice it. People live in fantasy world. going to bed every night thinking one guy is the end all say all. scary if you ask me.

I like Tyler Eifert and have no problem with taking him at #12! He will be a quality TE in this league. He was the only bright spot in Notre Dame's debacle in the the National championship game. Also, he did it against the number one ranked corner in this draft in Dee Milliner. I think if we are going to catch the Patriots we have to get some more pass rushers so they don't double team Cam Wake all day!ALA GIANTS! The recipe of beating Brady is hit his fairy ass all day!!

when Ireland was asked about TE's the other day, he brought up about this class has more versatility in splitting out, line in, H-back, ability to go down the seam. Its my opine that he is basically referring to Eifert because this guy has done it all and plays WR alot. Not to mention there is no better polished blocker in this draft at TE than Eifert. Scouts told him to work on it for his senior year and it shows. Thats why his numbers went down a little because he is universal in an offense. Blocking is what sets him apart. Guess which coach of ours loves guys who do it all and BLOCK!!!

Back
Top Bottom