Why Tyler Eifert HAS to be our pick at #12 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Tyler Eifert HAS to be our pick at #12

Take him in round 2 if hes there.

I'm a big fan of both Eifert and Ertz. Despite our great amount of high draft picks, we don't have any late-first/early-second in the 20-42'ish range where tons of the good fit players will be taken. I think Eifert and Ertz will be gone in that range too unfortunately. :( If Eifert had Jimmy Graham's speed and athleticism he would be in the discusion at #12, but most NFL coverage linebackers run between 4.6 and 4.68 in the 40, so assuming Eifert runs around 4.7, I see a lot of teams thinking he can be covered by an NFL LB. This sentiment will drop his draft position ... hopefully enough for us to get him at #47.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we landed Patterson at #12 and Eifert at #42. :brewskis:

i like eifert, but i think 12 is high for him. take someone else at 12 (ideally a top 5-8 talent that falls), then if eifert is still there as round one goes on, maybe consider trading back into the round and get him if the price is reasonable (if the FO has a conviction on him). other than that, no. as i said, you hope for a top 5-8 talent to fall to you at 12, you don't reach for a top 15-whatever talent at 12.

I think Eifert is instanly a top 10 TE in this league. And a future All-Pro. I can't say that about anyone but Milliner and Warmack..if they are their thats one thing but its highly unlikely

i think most of us are 'all in' on drafting a TE ... but not at #12 ... not unless he is a 'special' player -- and don't see Eifert or Ertz as 'special'

You obviously haven't watched this kid since high school, like some of us. This kid IS special and will be a pro bowl TE for years. We will be very fortunate if we can land this kid.

I think Eifert should be the 1st rd pick because he will help right away and he will not last to our 2nd rd pick.

Eifert 4.60
Ertz 4.72
Escobar 4.88
UNOFFICIAL TIMES ON FIRST ATTEMPT

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

hahahaha so much for my concern with his speed...........

Just came to post that. Eifert's 4.6 is really impressive. I think he has to be in the discussion for Miami.

Ireland drafted a Center #15 overall, and A QB with only 19 starts the past 2 years in his OWN drafts. Makes me believe even more Eifert is the pick, bring back fasano (former ND te) to be used as an H-back #2 type like in 08 and to help develop Eifert

Physically Eifert is leading the top TE prospects but I still don't believe he is worth a low first round pick. This isnt Gronk.

Ettz's 4.65 is legit enough to still be the first TE overall.

Back
Top Bottom