Why we should pursue Drew Brees | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why we should pursue Drew Brees

PhinFan8589

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Drew Brees is a player with great talent and character. He is still young, but has already been a Pro Bowl player, and is a smart player, (dont count the game aganst us). QB's don't just become available on the market every year, in fact, this situation is extremely rare. WE need to take advantage of this. We don't have to trade a draft pick, we don't have to use a draft pick on a QB. This would allow us to improve our team in the draft in a different fashion, and we would finally have a guy who is our STARTER. There would be no question. His assumed flaws are his torn labrum, and will he adjust without LT and Gates

- Brees will be throwing by May, which means the Injury is not a huge problem, in fact, i dont even consider it worth thinking about. Players get hurt every year, and most make a full healthy recovery

- Yes Gates and LT are great players, but we can compete with our offensive weapons. When has Brees played with a talented WR like Chris Chambers, never. he has old players like Keenan McCardel and busts like Reche Caldwell.
Ronnie Brown has proved he will be a good back in this league. Plus, although not as good as Gates, McMichael is no slouch. he is a very good TE and with a real QB could arguebly be just as good as the Gonzalez's and the Shockey's and the Gates's.

WE have the money now. Brees is available now. We need to do everything we can to become a Super Bowl contender again, and this may be the big step we need to take.

we should definetly go for him....hes the best option, and IF we get him, we dont really need to go with a qb for our #1, we can trade our 1st, and get to the bottom of the 1st round (if we can find any takers).

I am pretty confident that Brees is at the top of the Fins list. If/when he hits the Free Agent market, you can bet that Saban will be going after Brees with everything he has got.

Exactly, we get a QB who we KNOW can play, rather than drafting on potential. Plus, that gives us the oppurtunity to do many different things with the draft pick. Maybe trade down and stockpile draft picks. or address our needs at 16 with a Tackle or a CB.

heres my take on this.young smart and pro bowler.adjustments.there are none.LT and ronnie play the same style.mcmike and gates are both great TE's but gates is just a lil better.CC and mcardell.cc is better.our o-line is better even better when we get bentley.:wink:

I was a little hesitant at first with his injury and all, but now im definitely down with the Drew Brees to Miami Bandwagon after considering all the positives....:D :wink:

just don't want to get my hopes up too much being that the Bolts do have til March 3rd to get a contract done, and even if they don't we're more than likely going to have to compete with the Lions, possibly the Ravens, maybe the Jets, and who knows who else for Drew, but I'd like to think we have the best shot at him...

And dont forget the connection between Brees and coach H. Im sure Drew remembers what it felt like to play behind an O-line coached by one of the best.
As I see it these are 3 things in our favor, regarding Brees coming here:
1) Like I said, a connection to coach H. Plus Saban has looked good in his 1st year as a head coach, leading the Phins to 9-7.
2) Miami, like Cali, is a good place for a Qb to play in regards to the weather. And a stadium with grass.
3. No state income tax. When dealing with a huge contract and a lot of money, this is something to consider.

Bulger, Brees, or Culpepper. As long as we get one I am a happy guy.

A month ago I thought it was be a pipe dream to have a shot at Brees. Now that we have our shot we should go for it 100%.

I like him. He just seems like tough little firecracker. The dolphins are in position were they may actually spend some real money and get a great return on the investment. If Mr. Brees keep going in the direction he's been the last two seasons, we will have quite the QB. JA... all just hopes.

I don't want brees i called to draft him when we had the chance but he doesn't impress me that much.. I also think that we should offer the same incentive laden contract the chargers are offering him in case his shoulder is bum I mean if the chargers are going that route then there is something as they really know more than anyone the extent of his injury and the viable recovery level and lest be honest the guy doesnt have a "Cannon" for a arm so if he loses some arm strength he becomes hanging chad without the awesome accuracy!

Back
Top Bottom