why we will take greenway | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why we will take greenway

InSabanWeTrust1

Section 238 row 6
Reaction score
[mod] Please keep draft threads in the draft forum. [/mod]

i was a strong advocate to draft manny lawson and still would be verrrry happy with the pick, but after reading an article in the sun sentinel my decision has been influenced and i rank greenway a little higher now.

This is because of sabans quote that on "3rd downs we already have one pass rushing olb in Taylor and we want another one from the other side". This means taylor will be playing olb for us most of the time and on 3rd downs we could rush 5 guys. Greenway is more of an all around player but still can rush teh qb since he had 7 sacks last year. I assumed taylor would be on the line and we needed that de/olb to rush the qb but thats taylors job. We need a olb who can cover and tackle on first and 2nd and then rush on 3rd downs....that fits greenways description perfectly. Dont get me wrong id be verry very happy with either of these picks i just like greenway a little more now since saban defined the roles.

If we were looking for a pass rusher Lawson or Wimbley would have a huge advantage over Greenway.

One could also read it that the most important thing to Saban for that position is pass rushing ability. Lawson, Wimbley, and Carpenter would probably all rate ahead of Greenway in term of pass rushing ability.

Fineas said:
One could also read it that the most important thing to Saban for that position is pass rushing ability. Lawson, Wimbley, and Carpenter would probably all rate ahead of Greenway in term of pass rushing ability.
:yes: I really like Carpenter. Probably the best all around LB of those mentioned.

InSabanWeTrust1 said:

i was a strong advocate to draft manny lawson and still would be verrrry happy with the pick, but after reading an article in the sun sentinel my decision has been influenced and i rank greenway a little higher now.

This is because of sabans quote that on "3rd downs we already have one pass rushing olb in Taylor and we want another one from the other side". This means taylor will be playing olb for us most of the time and on 3rd downs we could rush 5 guys. Greenway is more of an all around player but still can rush teh qb since he had 7 sacks last year. I assumed taylor would be on the line and we needed that de/olb to rush the qb but thats taylors job. We need a olb who can cover and tackle on first and 2nd and then rush on 3rd downs....that fits greenways description perfectly. Dont get me wrong id be verry very happy with either of these picks i just like greenway a little more now since saban defined the roles.

Based on that quote I think Lawson makes more sense. HE IS MORE VERSITLE

i love lawson too dont get me wrong. im just a little higher on greenway then i used to be. obviously id still love to grab lawson but noone really knows which way saban will go. I just hope he doesnt go DB first round b/c after huff they are all ranked the same.

InSabanWeTrust1 said:

Greenway would be a good pick but he's more of a cover backer than a rush backer. He didn't have 7 sacks in his CAREER. He wasn't asked to pass rush much because that is not his strong suit. That's not to say that he couldn't be good at it because the technique is there.

Back
Top Bottom