Derrius Thompson
James McKnight
Oronde Gadsden
JR Tolver
Sam Simmons
Kendall Newson
Snoop Minnis
Ronald Bellamy

There's nine, Miami tend to only run two-receiver sets, they sometimes get a little adventurous and run three wideout sets.

I think that Chambers and Thompson will start next year no matter what happens in the draft.

Obviously some of those guys won't make the team, and it is likely that James Mcknight will be released.

I see little need to draft a receiver in round 1. Chris Chambers is our number one guy. He is our Randy Moss. Our go to guy. We could quite easily pick up a guy in round 3 (Keary Colbert, Devard Darling, Jerricho Cotchery, BJ Johnson) that can develop into a second wideout.

We don't need a big target in the passing game, we already have one in Randy McMichael.

I'm not saying I don't see the need to draft a WR, or that I don't want to draft WR in round 1. I really like the Michael Clayton, and the big three (Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Mike Williams) are extremely talented.

I would not be suprised if a first round pick is not used by the Dolphins on a WR.

I wouldn't be suprised to us go OLine (Vernon Carey) and either QB (Philip Rivers) or Defense (DJ Williams/DeAngelo Hall) in the first round of the draft.

we desperately need to get a solid WR in the draft or FA. We have NO solid #2 WR which helps kill our passing game (doubling on CC too much while Thompson/whoever can't break free either). That leaves us with dumpoffs, shovelpasses and 3-7 yard slants to our TE's or to Ricky in the backfield....whoopee....

Hopefully we'll wind up with 2 first round picks (say our #20 and maybe #23 if Seattle picks up Ogun). the we can grab Rivers and a good prospect for a solid #2 WR.

We need an Anquan Boldin......a rookie WR, cheap, that can come in and be our #2 guy. Maybe some of the above guys will improve in the next year or two, but we'll have to wait and see.

we would be foolish not to jump on one of the 1st round receivers, we'd be passing up the chance at a potential star at a need position for us, passing that up for a reach at another position. Carey is a reach at 20 and we can get him later if we want to drop down to do so. The CB class has a lot of question marks since most are undersized. DJ Williams is solid but should go before us, plus we have greenwood and eddie moore currently occupying OLB. Neither of which are old. We can't pass up on one of these wide receivers just because it is a deep wide receiver draft and we have a bunch of average WRs on the roster.

Gadsden is a free agent and McKnight will likely be cut...leaving us three receivers with game experience (Chambers, Thompson and Minnis). But only one that has ever excelled.

And you think we will go LB instead, when we have Greenwood, Moore, Seau, Hendricks and Zach on the team?

The Dolphins need another serious threat on the outside to draw the safeties out of the box and the double coverage from Chambers! A new threat will make everybody (Chambers, McMichael, Konrad, Ricky) all that more effective. And, our new QB is gonna need as many weapons as possible.

I think a WR definitely gets selected in round #1 (and Rivers or Carey are options too if we have two picks via the Ogun situation).

Just My Humble Opinion

Chris Chambers
Derrius Thompson (should be cut)
James McKnight (chould be cut)
Oronde Gadsden (no resign)
JR Tolver (keep for another 1-2 seasons on practice squad)
Sam Simmons (keep - returner / practice squad)
Kendall Newson (keep - practice squad)
Snoop Minnis (signed only to see what he may do in the NFLE)
Ronald Bellamy (who cares)

we should get Jackson from FA, and two of the following 3 in the draft (Evans, Woods, Clayton). That'd give us 4 good receivers to use and keep some around on the practice squad in case of serious injuries.

Originally posted by finsnchips
We have a large number of WRs on this team:

There's nine, Miami tend to only run two-receiver sets, they sometimes get a little adventurous and run three wideout sets.

that was Norv Turners offense I think with Marc Trestmans input we might look alot like San Fran and Oaklands offense where you see 3-4 and sometimes 5 WR

WTF.......you mean our Offense might actually do something? What the hell will the rest of the league think? :)

Chris Chambers may be OUR #1 receiver, but he's not A #1 receiver. He desperately needs someone oppssite of him to take the pressure off.
There will no doubt be a #1 type receiver available at 20, we have to take one IMO.

Originally posted by jbond
WTF.......you mean our Offense might actually do something? What the hell will the rest of the league think? :)

:jawdrop: amazing we just might move in the new area of football the forward pass

I think we should keep CC and make Tolver and Simmons 3 and 4 then draft a WR's in the first round. I'd take Reggie Williams if he's there but either Woods, Jenkins or clayton if Williams is gone. DT can be #5 for all I care.

Ozzy rules!!

Obviously Chambers stays, Thompson probably won't get cut because he restructured, Simmons should stay because he can return kicks, and maybe stick Tolver on the practice squad. I say good-bye to McKnight, Newson, and Bellamy for sure. Not sure about Minnis yet, and although it would be nice to have Gadsden, can we keep a WR slot for a guy just to catch maybe one third-down pass per game when we already have our supposed "possession" receiver in Thompson? I say we need a big-time rookie WR and/or a FA to throw into the mix.

Back
Top Bottom