Wide Receivers Must Step It Up! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wide Receivers Must Step It Up!

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The wide receivers must step it up tomorrow for a Dolphin victory! They are the key, and not Ronnie, and I will explain why. The Carolina Defense is good for sure no doubt, however there passing Defense is 20th in the league, and we must attack it like no other! If we do this, the defense must play us honest, then play action pass comes into play the freeze them, and then Ronnie will have more holes to hit because the defense will play back, and then our Oline will step it up tomorrow! What will help us even more if our wide outs can make yards after the catch, then they will have to respect them even more. Plus Gus won't have to worry about having the line stacked.

Let's Go Dolphins!:beerbang:

Fin Fan in Cali said:
The wide receivers must step it up tomorrow for a Dolphin victory! They are the key, and not Ronnie, and I will explain why. The Carolina Defense is good for sure no doubt, however there passing Defense is 20th in the league, and we must attack it like no other! If we do this, the defense must play us honest, then play action pass comes into play the freeze them, and then Ronnie will have more holes to hit because the defense will play back, and then our Oline will step it up tomorrow! What will help us even more if our wide outs can make yards after the catch, then they will have to respect them even more. Plus Gus won't have to worry about having the line stacked.

Let's Go Dolphins!:beerbang:

Great post man, very valid point for tomorrow's game. I've said it a few times already, but Peppers and Ruckers are the two concerns I have. Rather the Panther's secondary is questionable or not, those two guys can prevent Gus from getting a chance to expose their secondary. If we use Randy McMike and Ronnie to help block Ruckers and Peppers(can't focus on one because then other sneaks in), then we will have time to take it to the air and expose their secondary. Booker going long, Chambers running the slants, and Boston getting the short yardage passes should be what we will see...but I'm sure Scott L. and Saban have some good stuff ready for the offense.

Right on.

But not only the WR's - the FB's, TE's and anyone playing H-back must be sure-handed on screens, since they will be key to keeping the Panthers' brutal rush honest.

Otherwise, it's gonna be a long, long day.

i want to see chambers do something tomorrow. He hasnt shown me enough this season yet althought the season just started.

Phinz1972 said:
Great post man, very valid point for tomorrow's game. I've said it a few times already, but Peppers and Ruckers are the two concerns I have. Rather the Panther's secondary is questionable or not, those two guys can prevent Gus from getting a chance to expose their secondary. If we use Randy McMike and Ronnie to help block Ruckers and Peppers(can't focus on one because then other sneaks in), then we will have time to take it to the air and expose their secondary. Booker going long, Chambers running the slants, and Boston getting the short yardage passes should be what we will see...but I'm sure Scott L. and Saban have some good stuff ready for the offense.
Great post yourself! You may see two tight end sets to try to give Gus protection, then McMichael may slide off into the flat. The running backs, and fullbacks must protect gus at all costs, and not miss picking up any rushers, or blitzers! We can win this!:)

Can Sammy M. and or Heath Evans block good? I ask because I haven't seen much of either when it comes to blocking rushers.

The two TE set you mentioned would be a good way to go..contain the best player on the defense for the panthers...then once he is contained, sneak off and catch a ball for some nice yardage. If we get in 3rd & long situations, we will need to block big time because the panthers will come with the blitz in a heartbeat and Peppers has the speed to do it in a flash.

Phinz1972 said:
Can Sammy M. and or Heath Evans block good? I ask because I haven't seen much of either when it comes to blocking rushers.
Blocking is probably Sammy's biggest asset. Evans is also an adequate blocker for a FB.

Fin Fan in Cali, when you mentioned the two TE set, who do you think would be the 2nd TE to block? Donald Lee is ok with blocking but he does blow his scheme sometimes, & I haven't seen enough of L. Diamond to go out and say "He will be the blocking TE."

Phinz1972 said:
Fin Fan in Cali, when you mentioned the two TE set, who do you think would be the 2nd TE to block? Donald Lee is ok with blocking but he does blow his scheme sometimes, & I haven't seen enough of L. Diamond to go out and say "He will be the blocking TE."
bro Lee is gone. I think it would be McMichael and Diamond in the set, and I think Diamond would be the surprise to chip block probably Peepers on the way out, and catch a pass in the flat. The reason I say that is that they will be looking for McMichael all day tomorrow, so we have to throw them a curb ball. Just my two cents.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
bro Lee is gone. I think it would be McMichael and Diamond in the set, and I think Diamond would be the surprise to chip block probably Peepers on the way out, and catch a pass in the flat. The reason I say that is that they will be looking for McMichael all day tomorrow, so we have to throw them a curb ball. Just my two cents.

:o

Ooops, forgive me, its 1:07am and I've been filling my head with too much knowledge on non-football related things, and the "Lee Cut" news awhile back slipped my mind. Hope nobody else catches that :lol:

Phinz1972 said:
:o

Ooops, forgive me, its 1:07am and I've been filling my head with too much knowledge on non-football related things, and the "Lee Cut" news awhile back slipped my mind. Hope nobody else catches that :lol:
Bro all that you have been through its okay! If anybody gives you any crap, they must go through me first! It's all good! Take care.:)

Since we are on the WR stepping up talk, is there any WR or WRs on the Panthers that concerns you with going up our secondary?

Phinz1972 said:
Since we are on the WR stepping up talk, is there any WR or WRs on the Panthers that concerns you with going up our secondary?
Smith for sure, and after that I think Colbert. We must clamp down on Smith though, if we don't, and Jake gets hot, it could be a throwing contest.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Great post yourself! You may see two tight end sets to try to give Gus protection, then McMichael may slide off into the flat. The running backs, and fullbacks must protect gus at all costs, and not miss picking up any rushers, or blitzers! We can win this!:)

so you want max protect and throw deep? i can live with that.

im not sure, but i think effective max protect schemes work best with an effective run game

I would throw another monkey wrench at Carolina. I would flare out Ronnie as a receiver, and let him get a mismatch on defense, and keep Sammy in to protect Gus! If Gus connects, it good be the sign of a great day. Scott the Offensive coordinator, must, I say must keep this defense on there heels as to what is coming next! If he doesn't they will have races to get to Gus, and tear him in half.

Back
Top Bottom