Will A New Look Dolphins (Logo/Uniform) Truly Galvanize Our Squad? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will A New Look Dolphins (Logo/Uniform) Truly Galvanize Our Squad?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Can a cosmetic overhaul truly make a deference (any difference) in how well we play in 2013? I mean come on...let's get real.

I say that such decorative changes can only make a positive dent from a psychological perspective - for the fan base mostly; and even then it'll be to only to minimal degree. Such alterations can only, from where I sit, produce almost no real change to our team's on-field performance, nothing, nada.

Aesthetics alterations will not aid the professional athlete to up his play. High level players do not need such trivial things as design to motivate their game. It's all about merchandising and nothing else. So why all the hoopla?

Agree/disagree?

They're not changing the logo to make the team player. They're getting rid of the stink of the last 10+ years. Stephen Ross is putting his stamp on the team and in doing so he's getting rid of our old, outdated logo. I'd rather have the throwback logo than any other but our current logo looks like a pissed off looney toons character.

I think it can only have a positive impact, as long as they look fresh. There is a psychological benefit to feeling like you look good. For example, you will feel more confident wearing a suit rather than walking around in your dirty gym clothes.

I actually think players on the Seahawks got geeked up this year because of their new uniforms. It got them excited to play because they new they looked good and everyone was interested in seeing their new digs.

I hope the Dolphins go with a clean, retro (yet modern) look. Excited to see what Nike does with their uniforms.

I like the current logo but I don't hate the idea of an update, as long as it doesn't totally suck. I don't think it will since Marino and Griese have reportedly seen it and said they love it. Also Nike has a hand in it so I don't think we will be dissapointed.

It will provide the team a fresh look and buzz, so I don't think it can have a negative impact. Or course you will always have the people that say "why do they worry so much about logos and stadium renovations when they should be worrying about the team itself". I always find that funny since those people fail to realize that the people making the logo change is a completely different department than the football side. Might sound crazy, but they can improve both the team on the field and the image/merchandise. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I think it can only have a positive impact, as long as they look fresh. There is a psychological benefit to feeling like you look good. For example, you will feel more confident wearing a suit rather than walking around in your dirty gym clothes.

I actually think players on the Seahawks got geeked up this year because of their new uniforms. It got them excited to play because they new they looked good and everyone was interested in seeing their new digs.

I hope the Dolphins go with a clean, retro (yet modern) look. Excited to see what Nike does with their uniforms.

I think this exactly. Plus, we just need a good offseason and our team's talent level will hopefully be boosted a lot, we could be headed the Seahawks direction.. It'd be nice.

I stopped buying Dolphin merch years ago... this will get me to buy some new stuff, Jerseys etc.... Im sure thats the only reason for the change.... I welcome it and hope it brings new life with it too....

Eh, if you're gonna change it - Go back to the original. :up:

I too am extremely excited for all the changes that will be taking place in the next few years. New logo and new uni's for 2013, a ****load of money to play with, FA WR's and some talent and we might make the playoffs next year. Then in 2015 a new renovated stadium and deep run in the playoffs hopefully AFC Championship Game. I love the direction this team and organization is going. For our logo we need something like the Bills did. Go retro with a new design of the Dolphin and keep all the elements like my helmet I created.
Just like this:

xlgdqh-1.jpg
and Uniforms like these:
334m8vl-1.png
and I will be happy. Because of tradition and history we keep all the elements. The whale proposed is swimming underwater how the **** is there a sun ring behind if it is swimming? That's what I tweeted Dee saying. There are so many that are better out there including mine JMO.

I think NIKE will have something pretty bitchin' for us in April but, **** I want to know now! I hate waiting for BS!

The Joe is going to look spectacular per Ross and those photos good call by him GO DOLPHINS!!!!!

I think when the Bucs went to the pewter it had a positive effect. Mind you they had a good team but it seemed to help somehow.

well whether u like a new logo or not it does increase sales for team merchandise. Im personally against it but understand the economic reasons

Oh sure. I hear every player will undergo offseason training toward a fierce expression to match our logo.

Nevada oddsmakers were alerted weeks ago. Once the new logo is unveiled there's a BOLO for Dolphin future book money, accompanied by a scowl.

I'll default to the experts, toward our best look, a modern Mike Dee caliber look. When I Googled a galvanized dolphin, this image showed up near the top:

http://c300221.r21.cf1.rackcdn.com/dolphin-taz-trashcan-by-jeff-koons-2007-1352043589_b.jpg

Yes it is a very positive impact! When I played High School football my high school sucked for like 10 years straight. We changed our logo and got new uniforms and we went 14-1 and won the State Championship! The year before we were 3-7! Now I know its high school and I know the logo and uniform change didn't make us more talented but changes are just refreshing and basically helps people forget about the past!

Back
Top Bottom