Will A New Look Dolphins (Logo/Uniform) Truly Galvanize Our Squad?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CRIOS, Jan 14, 2013.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. CRIOS

CRIOS PERFECT PHINS '72 Finheaven VIP Donator

Can a cosmetic overhaul truly make a deference (any difference) in how well we play in 2013? I mean come on...let's get real.

I say that such decorative changes can only make a positive dent from a psychological perspective - for the fan base mostly; and even then it'll be to only to minimal degree. Such alterations can only, from where I sit, produce almost no real change to our team's on-field performance, nothing, nada.

Aesthetics alterations will not aid the professional athlete to up his play. High level players do not need such trivial things as design to motivate their game. It's all about merchandising and nothing else. So why all the hoopla?

Agree/disagree?

2. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

They're not changing the logo to make the team player. They're getting rid of the stink of the last 10+ years. Stephen Ross is putting his stamp on the team and in doing so he's getting rid of our old, outdated logo. I'd rather have the throwback logo than any other but our current logo looks like a pissed off looney toons character.

3. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

I think it can only have a positive impact, as long as they look fresh. There is a psychological benefit to feeling like you look good. For example, you will feel more confident wearing a suit rather than walking around in your dirty gym clothes.

I actually think players on the Seahawks got geeked up this year because of their new uniforms. It got them excited to play because they new they looked good and everyone was interested in seeing their new digs.

I hope the Dolphins go with a clean, retro (yet modern) look. Excited to see what Nike does with their uniforms.

4. steviey013

steviey013 A True Fan

Please loose the Steve Grogan neck pad!

5. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I like the current logo but I don't hate the idea of an update, as long as it doesn't totally suck. I don't think it will since Marino and Griese have reportedly seen it and said they love it. Also Nike has a hand in it so I don't think we will be dissapointed.

It will provide the team a fresh look and buzz, so I don't think it can have a negative impact. Or course you will always have the people that say "why do they worry so much about logos and stadium renovations when they should be worrying about the team itself". I always find that funny since those people fail to realize that the people making the logo change is a completely different department than the football side. Might sound crazy, but they can improve both the team on the field and the image/merchandise. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

6. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I think this exactly. Plus, we just need a good offseason and our team's talent level will hopefully be boosted a lot, we could be headed the Seahawks direction.. It'd be nice.

7. thephinger

thephinger Scout Team

I stopped buying Dolphin merch years ago... this will get me to buy some new stuff, Jerseys etc.... Im sure thats the only reason for the change.... I welcome it and hope it brings new life with it too....

8. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

Eh, if you're gonna change it - Go back to the original. :up:

9. PASQUALE

PASQUALE Seasoned Veteran

I too am extremely excited for all the changes that will be taking place in the next few years. New logo and new uni's for 2013, a ****load of money to play with, FA WR's and some talent and we might make the playoffs next year. Then in 2015 a new renovated stadium and deep run in the playoffs hopefully AFC Championship Game. I love the direction this team and organization is going. For our logo we need something like the Bills did. Go retro with a new design of the Dolphin and keep all the elements like my helmet I created.
    Just like this:

[​IMG] and Uniforms like these: [​IMG] and I will be happy. Because of tradition and history we keep all the elements. The whale proposed is swimming underwater how the **** is there a sun ring behind if it is swimming? That's what I tweeted Dee saying. There are so many that are better out there including mine JMO.

I think NIKE will have something pretty bitchin' for us in April but, **** I want to know now! I hate waiting for BS!

The Joe is going to look spectacular per Ross and those photos good call by him GO DOLPHINS!!!!!

10. nyfinzfan

nyfinzfan Seasoned Veteran

I think when the Bucs went to the pewter it had a positive effect. Mind you they had a good team but it seemed to help somehow.

11. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

well whether u like a new logo or not it does increase sales for team merchandise. Im personally against it but understand the economic reasons

12. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

Oh sure. I hear every player will undergo offseason training toward a fierce expression to match our logo.

Nevada oddsmakers were alerted weeks ago. Once the new logo is unveiled there's a BOLO for Dolphin future book money, accompanied by a scowl.

I'll default to the experts, toward our best look, a modern Mike Dee caliber look. When I Googled a galvanized dolphin, this image showed up near the top:

http://c300221.r21.cf1.rackcdn.com/dolphin-taz-trashcan-by-jeff-koons-2007-1352043589_b.jpg

13. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

Oh My! For real?

14. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

Yes it is a very positive impact! When I played High School football my high school sucked for like 10 years straight. We changed our logo and got new uniforms and we went 14-1 and won the State Championship! The year before we were 3-7! Now I know its high school and I know the logo and uniform change didn't make us more talented but changes are just refreshing and basically helps people forget about the past!

15. rustycage

rustycage Rookie

It can't hurt. Need to establish a new identity - as WINNERS!

16. hab321

hab321 Well-Known Member

Once it changed we'll never lose again- wohoo. Of coure if we go 7-9 are we going to change everything yet again, and keep changing it until we're over .500?!?! I'm sure this is what's caused Miami to play crappy football over the last 20 years....the logo.

17. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

other examples of teams playing better after uniform changes

New England Patriots went to the Super Bowl and lost to the Green Bay Packers

Denver Broncos won back-to-back super Bowls after their uniform change

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (I love their cream sickle color uniform) won the Super Bowl after changing.

So, in conclusion there is a trend, how you explain it is beyond me. I do doubt we will see drastic changes like the examples above, but hopefully we will have similar results!

18. scodoublet

scodoublet Zeroed In Donator

I must say I am more against changing our logos, then for it.
    I believe they are doing it for a couple reasons:
    Ross wants to make his mark on the team and get this new logo out before the stadium upgrades.
    This will also, obviously, create a lot more sales of new merchandise, which of course, is another big driving factor.
    Also, like said somewhere here, it's also to get a fresh start and erase the stank of the last bunch of years.
    The only part I can somewhat go along with is giving this new team a new look. Now, I don't think it has to be crazy modern, retro is cool with me, it's just got to be something different.

New coach, new QB, new logo, new stadium, new winning record...it'd be nice if it all works out that way!

19. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

I used to have the attitude of "If you need a new uniform to motivate you,
    you suck as a player." Now, with the way people's attitudes are these days,
    I've changed my thinking.

I wonder if Zonk would've needed a uniform change to be motivated?

****ing metrosexuals.

20. dr.jake

dr.jake Rookie

i heard a guy on BOB AND TOM this morning joking that our new logo is gonna be "some dude on a couch watching the patriots" in the playoffs

21. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

Bad example for me. I feel like a strategicly shaved ape in a suit.

22. hab321

hab321 Well-Known Member

:lol2: