Will Favre break Dan's career TD record?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CsonkaClone, Sep 14, 2005.

1. CsonkaClone

CsonkaClone Miami Dolphins

This one is scaring me....Favre only needs 44 to tie Marino's record of 420 TD passes....I don't think he will get it this season especially now that Walker is gone for the year...But do you think he will stick around another year for the record?...:crying:

2. Mile High Fin

Mile High Fin Pro Bowler

Hey may....
    :confused:

3. @@@

@@@ Perennial All-Pro

if Favre plays 2 or 3 seasons (including this one) he's gonna have a shot at a lot of dans records

4. zach13

zach13 Mad Dog

I don't think he will stick around. If they were close to making a run it would be different.

5. YoMamma

YoMamma Well-Known Member

I think after the season they are about to have that he will retire.

6. phinphan11

phinphan11 Perennial All-Pro

Records are made to be broken... That said, there's a very good chance that he won't play after this season based on comments that he has said previously.

7. NYinBostonFin

NYinBostonFin Playoffs Please!!

He is goin to get killed this year. His o-line is shot. He is not coming back after this year.

8. dolphan98

dolphan98 Seasoned Veteran

I agree. I think Green Bay is going to have a very rough season. I doubt that Favre plays one more year. I see Rodgers taking over after this year.

9. 3P

3P I believe I can fly!

I also don't think he's going to be back after this season. They're just too close to being in rebuilding mode. Having spent a 1st on a QB, they're going to want to get him some PT sooner than later.

Farve also doesn't strike me as the sort to stick around just for records.

10. Philter25

Philter25 MORE COWBELL!!!

Look at the GB depth chart. They didnt waste a 1st round pick on a guy who is going to sit the bench for 3 years.

GB isnt going anywhere. The team was build to win and better themselves, not for Favre to play as long as he wants. If the season is a wash this year, I wouldnt be suprised if Rodgers saw playing time to start to groom him into Favre's replacement.

If Walker wasnt out all this year, I think he would have a good shot in breaking Marino's TD records next year.

11. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic FinHeaven VIP

i agree

12. Dolphan7

Dolphan7 Desert Dolphin Finheaven VIP

Nope and Nope.

13. LOCAL SCUM!

LOCAL SCUM! A True Fan

If he stays for 3 more seasons, then YES. If this is his last year, then the record is safe. I dont think he'll get there next year.

14. touborg

touborg Board Linebacker

I agree completely. If GB have a horrible season this year, Favre won't stay and help rebuilding only to retire when the team is actually good again. If GB draft top 10 this year he retires.

15. mixmaster_matt

mixmaster_matt LETS GO METS

Farve will be lucky if he throws for more that 20 TD's this year, he doesn't have many options and it is hard to throw when your *** is on the ground all day..

16. CsonkaClone

Thanks guys...I feel better now...:D

17. PHAZINPHINZPHAN

PHAZINPHINZPHAN Seasoned Veteran

As much as I love the heart that Brett Favre has he will not break Dan's record. He would have to play 3 more seasons

18. Dolfan5000

Dolfan5000 Mark my words, I'll get mine

Yeah, I doubt he will with everything going against him now. 1. Rodgers is the new. 2. O-line is worse than ours was. 3. Walker is gone for the year.

Sad to say but this is (most likely) Favre's last year. I love the guy for his competitive heart, determination, and indestructibility but, this will be his sad swan song.

19. PHINBRED

PHINBRED Well-Known Member

Peyton Manning Is The One To Worry About.

20. Scrap

Scrap Hall Of Famer

Don't feel too good. I saw William Henderson this offseason (fullback/GB) , and asked him how long he thought Favre was gonna play. He told me Favre talks like he plans to play 3 more years.(Including this one.) Who really cares if he breaks the record anyway ? He's a class act, and will have earned it.

21. 3P

3P I believe I can fly!

Just for kicks:

Peyton Manning after 7 seasons: 29442 yards, 216 TDs
    Dan Marino after 7 seasons: 27853 yards, 220 TDs

Peyton is a bit off on TDs, but is actually ahead of Dan in yards. That should really give some indication of how good Manning has really been. At his current rate, Peyton is averaging 4206 yards and 30 TDs per season. If he is able to maintain that rate, he will need 8 more seasons to break Marino's all time yardage record, and 7 more to break the all time TD record. This clearly shows Marino's longevity and consistancy. If Manning is going to have a shot at the all time records, he will not only have to prove he can play to the age of 36 or so... but he's going to have to continue playing at or above his current level.

22. CsonkaClone

Oh I'm worried about Manning...But that's years away...Favre is on the verge.

23. Predaphin

Predaphin Predator in the Water

Favre is done....He is going to have a bad year and he is going to retire, especially now with Walker out.

24. OneHondo

OneHondo Lifetime Contract

You beat me to it, Manning is going to be looking at a lot of Marino's records if his health holds out. But as another poster said, "Records are meant to be broken!" :( :

25. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Favre has been getting 30+ TD's a season pretty regularly but he is taking a beating as of late and I dont think he will be around after this season as the starter......he did not look that great in Game 1 and they lost their best receiver. 44 TD's is not that much though and if Favre were to play this year and next year and not miss any games he could get it... but I just dont think he will be around. I think Manning has a good shot at the alltime record, but it looks like the NFL is going towards more mobile QB's and guys who can run so I would think that if Favre or Manning dont beat Dan's record than nobody will.
    Manning would get the alltime records around year 14 of his career if he kept at his current pace.

26. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Dolphin Apologist - I'm really sorry!!

My gut says no because I think he's done after this season, plus it looks like he'll struggle w/out Walker to even reach 20 TDs. Also, I don't think the records are as important to his legacy as they were to Dan's. Favre never talks about records at all. If he stays three more seasons, he'd almost definitely do it, but I just don't see it.

And I really hope he doesn't! Would really suck for Dan.

27. FinsNYanksFan13

FinsNYanksFan13 Banned on Points

With the way Favre has been playing lately I would say if the Packers don't make the playoffs this year, he's done!