Will Malarky's offense allow us to still be explosive offense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Malarky's offense allow us to still be explosive offense?

straitg2nite

86' Book em'
Reaction score
Under Linehan our offense play calling was more opportunity based on the fact we went deep alot with Fererrotte. With more talent at the position now...will he now take advantage of that fact

straitg2nite said:
Under Linehan our offense play calling was more opportunity based on the fact we went deep alot with Fererrotte. With more talent at the position now...will he now take advantage of that fact

no, he is more conventional in his offensive playcalls and wants to bring more balance in the offense, so we're not going to see that much long balls as we see last year, there was a article about it, 2 weeks ago with miamis and buffalos medium and deep ball passes...

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/15018796.htm

but i think, we should be fine with the balanced offense and maybe prevent of some mistakes that we did last year...

no offense, but i think as a fan you should know the name of our coaches....

Montella said:
no, he is more conventional in his offensive playcalls and wants to bring more balance in the offense, so we're not going to see that much long balls as we see last year, there was a article about it, 2 weeks ago with miamis and buffalos medium and deep ball passes...

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/15018796.htm

but i think, we should be fine with the balanced offense and maybe prevent of some mistakes that we did last year...

Yeah, and we know in the 5 yard line were going to run and not throw.:wink:

I don't think you'll see much difference between the two OC's{Mularkey / Linehan}. Our offense is built strong, and has the firepower to go deep now that we have Culpepper at QB. He's one of the best long ball passers in the league, so I don't see how we'd gameplan any otherwise....

Everyone talks about a balanced offense under Mularkey, but I tend to think we'll be more high flying now that we've added a legit QB....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

icephinfan said:
Yeah, and we know in the 5 yard line were going to run and not throw.:wink:

Why would you say that? When we were down 23-3 to the Bills last year, Mularkey called a pass play from the Phins three yard line that got picked off that started our comeback.

Malarky will drive you nuts with his play calling. Or at least he drove me nuts when he was the offensive cordinator of the Steelers.

I think Saban will insist he go deep a ittle more often if for nothing more the to soften the D a little and making it eaiser to run the ball. I think Saban likes to run the ball myself.

SteelersRule32 said:
Malarky will drive you nuts with his play calling. Or at least he drove me nuts when he was the offensive cordinator of the Steelers.

Was that with both Maddox and Stewart or was it one more then the other??Didn't both QB's have breakout seasons with MM as their OC??

all i can say is i hope and pray its not a one man show, becaus if mularky is in charge we're not going to the superbowl EVER

phinMikeDC said:
Why would you say that? When we were down 23-3 to the Bills last year, Mularkey called a pass play from the Phins three yard line that got picked off that started our comeback.

But, he wasn't under Saban then either.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't worried about Malarky and his play calling. It's the one area on the team where I think we may have taken a step backwards instead of forward. Saban hasn't made many mistakes thus far, I hope he didn't make one here.

feelthepain said:
Was that with both Maddox and Stewart or was it one more then the other??Didn't both QB's have breakout seasons with MM as their OC??

In 2001 which was Malarky's first year as the Steelers O-cordinator. Kordell did have one of his better years. But nothing to scream about. Kordell had 14 TD's and 11 INT's. I don't remember Kordell's passing yardage from that year off the top of my head. In 2002 the Steelers season and offense started off very bad. Tommy Maddox came in and replaced Kordell at the end of the third game that year. Tommy did have a good year and saved the Steelers offense. In 2003 with Tommy Maddox starting the whole year. The Steelers were very inconsistent on offense and got away from the run. Which isn't Steelers football.

Overall Malarky was an alright O-cordinator but even when the offense had success...Malarky still drove me nuts with his play calling.

I think that if saban thinks we need a long ball in a certain sitution, he'll override mularkey. You won't see as many as last year but you will see long balls in better situations, not just throwing it up there to throw it up there

Back
Top Bottom