Will Malarky's offense allow us to still be explosive offense? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Malarky's offense allow us to still be explosive offense?

Funkymonks said:
I think that if saban thinks we need a long ball in a certain sitution, he'll override mularkey. You won't see as many as last year but you will see long balls in better situations, not just throwing it up there to throw it up there
100% agreed...:dolphins:

Funkymonks said:
I think that if saban thinks we need a long ball in a certain sitution, he'll override mularkey. You won't see as many as last year but you will see long balls in better situations, not just throwing it up there to throw it up there

EXACTLY!!!!

As long as the job gets done in an error-free, efficient manner I don't care if they throw up 15 deep balls a game or 1.

I don't think play calling will prevent us from being explosive. The fact is we have play makers, and they will make plays. All Mularky is suppose to do is put them in posistion to make plays, regardless of weather it's a 5 yard out route or a straigh 9 route down the sideline, Chambers will make his plays with Daunte throwing him the ball.

icephinfan said:
But, he wasn't under Saban then either.

No,but he was under Cowher at one point. Seriously, you guys need a dose of reality. Saban is not GOD. If Cowher couldn't help Mularky why do you think Saban can? Mularky sucks!

Funkymonks said:

Which, unfortunately, is Culpeppers claim to fame.

nolimit said:
No,but he was under Cowher at one point. Seriously, you guys need a dose of reality. Saban is not GOD. If Cowher couldn't help Mularky why do you think Saban can? Mularky sucks!

While in Pittsburgh, the Steelers had one of the NFL's top ranked offensive units under Mularkey. That's all you need to know as far as I'm concerned. Just because he's not head coaching material, and bombed as one in Buffalo, doesn't mean it will happen in Miami....

He's under totally different circumstances, and has far less responsibilities now. There's no need to even compare the two situations. Miami has far more talent than the Bills, and much more stability at the key positions. He was set up to fail from day one in Buffalo, and that's exactly what happened.

If you think Jauron is going to do any better than Mularkey, you're in for a long / painful experiece this year. He's got even less to work with, and the Bills will be lucky to win 5 games in 2006. Just looking at Jauron's coaching record should be enough to make Bills fans cringe at the thought. He's one of the worst HC's the NFL has ever seen. Good luck.....:lol:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

nolimit said:
Which, unfortunately, is Culpeppers claim to fame.

Unfortunate for the rest of the AFC Conference. Man, and to think we could have traded up for Losman a few years back!!!...:rolleyes::lol:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

It's true, Mularkey probably cost the Bills more games than he won them.
He's known for takin' stupid risks at bad times... I DON'T LIKE HIM!

Not worried, an OC is only as good as the guidance he gets from the HC, Saban will keep a tight reign on Mularky, and from the Buffalo game last year I remember Mularky is NOT afraid to go deep, when he sees the right defensive lineup.

CDNPHIN said:
It's true, Mularkey probably cost the Bills more games than he won them.
He's known for takin' stupid risks at bad times... I DON'T LIKE HIM!

Looking at the situation he was thrown into while with the Bills, it's amazing he was able to coach those teams to as many wins as they had. Donahoe was the major weak link in Buffalo, and Mularkey was the skapegoat for Donahoe's failures as GM....

In Miami, Mularkey wont have nearly the same pressures or responsibilities as OC. He's not installing his offense, so the players don't have really that much to learn. He's basically taking Linehan's play book, and changing the names of the plays. Sounds easy enough in my opinion, and I highly doubt that he'll be forced to use his "trick plays" as a means of beating our opponents....

In Buffalo, MM threw caution into the wind a lot, but that was because the Bills offense was always placed in desperate situations where they had to catch defenses off-guard. We wont be forced to do that because of the balance we have, and Mularkey will be a fine coordinator as a result....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

nolimit said:

He's talking about when he was in buffalo, Mularky is better OC than HC

nolimit said:

Another bitter Bills fan. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom