Will Philbin follow a similar lead to Cam Cameron when he coached for Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Philbin follow a similar lead to Cam Cameron when he coached for Miami?

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
Is hard to bring assistants from other teams with no previous experience coaching in college or the nfl level and expect them to succeed. Some candidates have had previous experience at very small college level,
and some others have been long time assistants. Guys like Manginni, Crenel, Daniels, Cam Cameron, Tony Sparano are the name of few. Will Phibin break the ice or are we expecting the same result from someone
learning on the job as an nfl coach?

A huge difference is presentation.

I don't quite remember the details, but I do remember Cam's PC was not received well and he seemed underwhelming. Philbin really won a lot of skeptics over with his PC.

Another thing is the ability to name coaches. Cam fell to Wayne and Muller's demands of keeping certain people and didn't stick up more. Philbin was given full control over everything.

Let's see how they face adversity. When we drafted Ginn and the draft party went into an uproar, Cam didn't know how to react and looked like a goof. I remember vets on the team coming out and saying Ginn was a bad move, and guys on ESPN making fun of how Cam handled the situation. Let's see how Philbin handles his first taste of criticism.

And my big complaint with Cam was he didn't take preseason or TC seriously. I understand resting older vets, but he was so light we had an INSANE amount of injuries that came directly from the team not training properly. He also let assistants run the team during preseason games. Not even coordinators but POSITION coaches. He didn't treat preseason as a chance to install his system.

And Cam never recovered. After a good first year or 2 in Baltimore, he's really been blasted by their fans and media the last 2 years; this year especially.

Again, no promises Philbin will succeed. But looking back, from the moment Cam was hired he showed himself to be woefully unprepared and unqualified for the position.

Philbin is well respected coach from the ground up. He will teach like shula taught. Fundamentals.
The man says he is not attached to a system but a team.

makes me wonder what sean smith is going to do once philbin sees him pull up with a hammy in the first game of the season.

And Ireland will not let us down like Mueller did. omg. that was the worst moment in history. it blows my mind ginn who was picked before patrick willis is playing on the same team. mueller will never reenter NFL again.

And Ireland will not let us down like Mueller did. omg. that was the worst moment in history. it blows my mind ginn who was picked before patrick willis is playing on the same team. mueller will never reenter NFL again.
He never left. Currently with the Chargers, and was in the running for the Colts GM job. Mueller was bad, but I don't see any reason to have more faith in Ireland than Mueller.

Cam sucked because he was a bad leader and the talent was awful on the 07 team.

Mike Mularkey and Dom Capers were on that staff...not shabby assistants.

He never left. Currently with the Chargers, and was in the running for the Colts GM job. Mueller was bad, but I don't see any reason to have more faith in Ireland than Mueller.

okie dokie whatever.....

I like Philbin, he is a serious coach. I never liked Cam going back to when he was the OC for the Chargers. His initial press conference and all of his following ones really cemented those feelings for me.

The biggest difference is that Cam had the green light to be the HEAD COACH and make ALL decisions on the Dolphins from that perspective. He started off bad and just got worst but he was able to follow his path completely unresisted.

With Ross I get the very strong impression that no Dolphins coach will ever get that much freedom again. He really needs to but out and let the coach and GM run the team. Look at the other owners who ALL know much more than Ross does. None of them except for a couple of exceptions are so intent on making everything about themselves.

With Ross I get the very strong impression that no Dolphins coach will ever get that much freedom again. He really needs to but out and let the coach and GM run the team. Look at the other owners who ALL know much more than Ross does. None of them except for a couple of exceptions are so intent on making everything about themselves.

Not sure your sentence makes sense. I know your trying to say Ross should butt out. Well, he basically does. I dont get the freedom point. You are saying ross butt out at the same time saying no coach will get that freedom again. which is it? No freedom again or butt out?

confusing to me.

Not sure your sentence makes sense. I know your trying to say Ross should butt out. Well, he basically does. I dont get the freedom point. You are saying ross butt out at the same time saying no coach will get that freedom again. which is it? No freedom again or butt out?

confusing to me.

They won't get the freedom to do what they want because Ross will not give it to them.

He already is telling everyone that he wants a high powered offense. Name one other NFL owner who tells the media how he wants the coach to run his team. Any normal owner deals directly with his coach and GM without telling the press about it.

Ross is always projecting the idea that he works for the fans which is idi0tic. He is the owner. He should deal with the coach and GM directly & let them do what he is paying them to do. He reminds me so much of jerry jones it makes me sick.

They won't get the freedom to do what they want because Ross will not give it to them.

He already is telling everyone that he wants a high powered offense. Name one other NFL owner who tells the media how he wants the coach to run his team. Any normal owner deals directly with his coach and GM without telling the press about it.

Ross is always projecting the idea that he works for the fans which is idi0tic. He is the owner. He should deal with the coach and GM directly & let them do what he is paying them to do. He reminds me so much of jerry jones it makes me sick.

Saying he expects results and expecting a entertaining, winning product are completely different that saying what system to run and who to draft and who to sign ect... He is pretty hands off on most aspects of the team... If you want to see meddling owners see dallas and raider for history...

philbin and cam dont even belong in the same sentence. Lets be honest here, when was the last time the dolphins fanbase has felt this good about a coach? never since don shula, u can argue jimmy johnson but he was on his way out so its a different situation there. The difference here the fans "believe" in philbin, we never believed in sparano, cam, maybe saban had alot supporters but even him was alot different than philbin. Philbin just seems alot more hungrier to lead this team than any of the past coaches since shula stepped down.

Back
Top Bottom