Will Ryan Fitzpatrick Test Free Agency?? Or get Franchised? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Ryan Fitzpatrick Test Free Agency?? Or get Franchised?

finfan75

Starter
Reaction score
If so, our new head coach better get him here. Saban messed up and went with Culpepper. We all see what the Parcells era brought. We need to go after this guy unless of course we are in the Luck Sweepstakes.

Thoughts??

as solid as fitzpatrick looks, and i do believe hes a guy that can lead a team with decent talent, or for that matter a team with a little below avg talent to a somewhat decent year, hes deff not a guy that i want to bank the future on for the fins.

nothing against the guy, i like what he brings, but hes a little up their in age to rely on as our franchise qb, and i dont think he can bring us over the top, which is the ultimate goal.
a

P.S, i dont see the bills letting him walk when its all set and done.

The Bills won't lt him walk away. I think we draft Luck, Barkley or Landry Jones and get our franchise QB next year.

He may be the second best QB in our division and that's not even close. I admire the fortitude and smarts of that guy to no end, but The Amish Rifle represents a ceiling that might be above where we are now, but IMO, likely below the heights we really aspire to reach.

Springsteen: "One step up and 2 steps back"

ryan fitzpatrick represents a big problem with this organization for a long time. i do agree with randy mueller that basically u draft a qb every year, not high necessarily but we avoided qb's in the draft like a plague for a while. why not take a late chance on a player like Cassel or fitzpatrick. Nver thought fitz was a stud but liked using a late pick on him

I am sure the Bills will re-sign as he fitz right into Gailey's system. I want my QB in the first round where odds are greatly improved they can develop in to a franchise QB.

I question if he's really that good or if it's just Chan Gailey.

I was thinking the same thing..But Trent Edwards was awful in that system..Thigpen did put up big numbers in it tho but was not very efficent...Fitz could not beat out Trent during the Jauron regime and Trent beat Fitz out for the job last year...Trent was cut after game 4? And I think he is now out of the league.. I was wondering how the Bill could do a complete 180, so the light must have come for Fitz in such an alarming way that not only did they make him the start they cut the guy who had been starting..I think the Bills need Fitz and Fitz needs the Bills right now...A deal will get done. The money will not be extreme either..I think Fitz wants to win more than he wants money.. Stevie needs a new deal and Freddie as well. Freddie is playing at a high level , but I think his age and Cj Spiller will factor largley into him not getting a big deal...Bills can only Franchise one..I think Fred gets the Tag. So its real important Fitz and Stevie get their deals now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bills are not crazy, they found something that works and now will run with it,

He's not going anywhere, IMO.

But he is one of those guys that are becoming a little more rare in the NFL nowadays that can just keep on getting better and better even if they weren't able to have success right away. Sort of like a Rich Gannon, someone like that. Usually nowadays if a guy is good enough, you're going to see it right away, within a couple of years.

I think a Ryan Fitzpatrick is definitely a role model for a Chad Henne. But the bottom line is that the thing that allows Fitzpatrick to keep growing as a quarterback is how smart he is. As long years of repetition improve his throwing skills, body memory, ability to handle pressure, all those things that are almost kind of hard-wired, his brain helps him keep raising the bar without plateauing.

When I did a radio interview for a local Buffalo ESPN radio station, they were asking what they should do in the Draft, should they take a quarterback, and I told them if Cam Newton is there then you take him just because he's that special of a player, but otherwise no I don't believe you give up on Ryan Fitzpatrick, who has gotten better every year, in order to go for a Blaine Gabbert or someone like that. I had to throw them the caveat that I'm a huge "upgrade the quarterback" guy and I've been arguing for teams to take quarterbacks, just that aside from Newton, the Bills aren't one of those teams I'd tell to do that because I like Fitzpatrick that much. If you'd have offered Fitzpatrick to Miami during the off season for a 2nd round pick, I'd have done that, and said so here and elsewhere.

He's the 2nd best QB in the AFC East...no way Bills let him go. If they can improve their defense they're a playoff contender. They have both a solid passing game and running game.

I can't believe how comfortable I am with him back there Our defense is what our problem can be. However this team had tons of holes last year and you can't fix it all in one offseason. Dareus is a good start, with Barnett and Merriman. We'll see how it plays out but as of now Fitz is the man, so.

Bills fans taking the bags off their heads...

Can I borrow that since your not using it?

Back
Top Bottom