Will some kid try to enter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will some kid try to enter

dan the fin

Starter
Super Donator
Reaction score
With the NFL giving till March 1 for high school kids and Fr and Soph to declare for the draft do you think any one will try to enter? (this is if they lose the appeal also) The only person I think that could make that big of a jump is Mike Williams of USC, but I don't think he will because he has even talked about staying all four years at USC. Anyone else know anyone that might try?

The only two names I've heard of possible entries are my boyz from USC QB Matt Leinart & Mike Williams. I know Mike has said that he's staying at school but a lot of peeps change their mind.

Adrian Peterson, a HS senior from Texas (going to Oklahoma next season) said that he could make the jump from HS to the NFL (or something along those lines.), but he never said he was going to.

The NFL has the "3 years seperated from HS graduation" rule for a reason. If players come out too early, they won't be ready physically. Freshman in college just aren't big enough to play in the pros, they just don't have the muscle bulk. Of every single player not at least 3 years removed from HS graduation, I think the only one who could make the jump to the pros is Mike Williams. Williams is a big, physical WR who has played a lot in his 2 seasons at USC. Fitzgerald can also make the jump but since he is 3 years removed (and was made eligible because of it) I did not consider him.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Matt Leinart enters the draft, he should be the 1st pick in the draft. He is better then both Manning and Roethlisberger.

I hope he does enter.

Originally posted by Fisticuff
If Matt Leinart enters the draft, he should be the 1st pick in the draft. He is better then both Manning and Roethlisberger.

I hope he does enter.

Leinart has only started for one season. He is too inexperienced to enter the draft and he will be doing himself a diservice in many ways if he does enter the draft. If he stays in school, he will become a better player and his draft status will rise. There is no way that Leinart would be the #1 QB in the draft if he entered.

Back
Top Bottom