Will Tannehill have a better season in 2014 than 2013? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Tannehill have a better season in 2014 than 2013?

Will 2014 be a better season for Tannehill than 2013

• yes

Votes: 124 94.7%
  • no

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you meant he guy who helped his team win 4 road playoff games and reach 2 title games? yeah he's worse than the guy who led his O to 7 pts COMBINED against 2 non playoff bound teams needing one win to get a rare playoff app for his team.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

my #1 fan always concerned about me. I didn't vote actually and I said I think he will get better(it would be hard not to).

I think it's vice versa.. I didn't include yours because (based on your Sanchez and laughable jets were "elite" type opinions and blatant homerism)it really don't count. I know attention whoring is your OCD-need, but sorry to disappoint that when it comes to objective opinions, yours really is a non factor around here. But carry on with your assclownery :up:

I think it's vice versa.. I didn't include yours because (based on your Sanchez and laughable jets were "elite" type opinions and blatant homerism)it really don't count. I know attention whoring is your OCD-need, but sorry to disappoint that when it comes to objective opinions, yours really is a non factor around here. But carry on with your assclownery :up:

stockphoto23463559cartoonmanfallenasleep-1.jpg

Yes....only because of his dreamboat looks....

you meant he guy who helped his team win 4 road playoff games and reach 2 title games? yeah he's worse than the guy who led his O to 7 pts COMBINED against 2 non playoff bound teams needing one win to get a rare playoff app for his team.

j0141367-1.gif

Keep beating that dead horse. Wake us up when you finally realize that means absolutely nothing now.

Just to amplify on my post#10 specifically on the critical need for the OL stabilizing at the least, and hopefully improving as being the linchpin to Tannehill's success, consider these "no axes to grind" analytics"

It's true that PFF ranked our '13 OL at #14 - but by the same token they ranked Ryan as the #7QB in the league. So if you're gonna dwell on the former, you implicitly are endorsing the latter as well since it's the same methodology. I think realistically, most of us think that both rankings are too unreal, so let's move on.

Advanced NFL Stats
ranks the Fins '13 OL at 28th overall and 24th at expected pass points added. And an embarrassing 32nd out of 32 in "pass win probability added" which to me means that they were no help at all. :idk:

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/teamOL.php

Then there's football outsiders which ranks our '13 OL at 28th in run blocking (and we know that a schizoid running attack only helps our opponents' pass defense) and
30th in pass protection.
Nuff said but if you want to see how miserable each member of our OL was, here's the link:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

then you can throw in Yahoo's rank of our OL at 29 (ditto Evan Silva's Rotoworld ranking which looks like the same deal more or less as Yahoo)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2013-offensive-line-rankings-165300237--nfl.html
but neither of these "organizations" are really known for analytics let alone objectivity.

As a comparison, here's the '12 Fins OL rankings where you can see Tannehill literally learning and moving forward on almost a weekly basis:

PFF #23 - so according to them our OL improved, but then again, according to them Tannehill became a top 7 QB, so make of that what you will. Regardless, this was an interesting and now prescient comment:
Dud: You spend a high pick on a rookie, then it’s likely at some point you’re going to want to see what you’ve got. Well, the Dolphins got a good long look at Jonathan Martin (-22.0) and they’ll know he’s got a long way to go before he becomes the player they drafted him to be.
Advanced NFL Stats #6
Football Outsiders: #21 for run blocking/ #18 for pass protection

Anyone who's watched the games can see that if there's no OL ability to make a pocket, then there's no pocket for the classic passing QB to step into. Simple stuff that's not rocket science. :idk:

Last edited by a moderator:
How 'bout - You're a troll.

not really but some homers don't like reality. I am always fair, I don't bash for the sake of bashing. I haven't even bashed Ryan but if you don't say he's a young, more athletic Tom Brady(:lol:) then you are considered bashing him. I think Ryan can be a good QB, he's not there yet though.

not really but some homers don't like reality. I am always fair, I don't bash for the sake of bashing. I haven't even bashed Ryan but if you don't say he's a young, more athletic Tom Brady(:lol:) then you are considered bashing him. I think Ryan can be a good QB, he's not there yet though.

This coming from the guy that constantly preached to us that Buttfumble was the next best thing since sliced bread. Classic! :lol: :lol:

Just to expand on the OL breakdown causal tentacles precipitating and compounding an array of Tannehill issues in '13

According to ESPN Team Rushing statistics:
in '13 Miami ranked #26

as compared to in
'12, Miami ranked #17

Again, with such an extreme backsliding by the OL and running game, coupled with Gibson going down, the unavailablility of Keller who he clicked with in exhibition season, the OC calling and of course the tempest in a teapot distractions, from an offensive standipoint, in some ways it's amazing that RT17 had us in the hunt thru 14 games, regardless of the last 2. And don't get me going about Wheeler and most of the defense!

i'm not gonna explain my tom brady comments to that dumb ass again...he can take them out of context as much as he wants...i'm not scared when it comes to convictions about players

i'm not gonna explain my tom brady comments to that dumb ass again...he can take them out of context as much as he wants...i'm not scared when it comes to convictions about players

what is there to be sacred of? if you are wrong so what? if you are right so what? it's asinine to compare him to a top 5 QB, again he's a more athletic Bledsoe not a more athletic Brady. he can be a good QB in this league but you try to oversell him.

hopefully (would be a welcome change fersure):

LT Branden Albert: I'm here to protect Ryan Tannehill's blind side
By Chris Perkins and South Florida Sun Sentinel,
Dolphins offensive tackle Branden Albert was welcomed to South Florida on Tuesday night with a dinner attended by quarterback Ryan Tannehill, center Mike Pouncey, and general manager Dennis Hickey among others. And even though Hickey, whose voice was hoarse from manning the phone during free agency, executed the deal to get Albert in the fold, he said Tannehill was the happiest man at the table. That makes sense. Tannehill was sacked a NFL-worst 58 times last season. Albert, a Pro Bowl selection with Kansas City last season, understands his role on his new team.

Back
Top Bottom