Will the Pats go 8-8 this Season?... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will the Pats go 8-8 this Season?...

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is not smack, so please don't take it as such...

I know this will be a thread that I will get flamed for, hell I have always kept myself from making predictions on threads that seem delusional...after all they are the Champs and have been for the last 3 out of 4 years... but.... this is crazy prediction...

So far their Defense have given up 12 TDs in 4 games, they gave up 27 total TDs last season and 21 TDs in 2003. For those that follow stats, so far they have given up 45% of TDs in 2004 and 57% of TDs in 2003 in just 1/4 of the Season...

They are also ranked 32 in Rushing Offense after 4 games making them basically one dimensional. We all know what happened to STL after they became one dimensional. Hell it was BB that showed us how they can be stopped. They have also been worse this year in Third Down Conversion compared to last Season...

The Defense for the Pats needs improvement, and BB can get it done, but I don't know that the personnel are in there to do it...all the reps in TC, in Pre-Season and now 4 games into the Season so far has shown a team with a Defense that gives up more points (108) than their Offense can score (87)...

Maybe I am wrong, maybe... I have been wrong before...

But maybe... I do have a shot at being right...

Only time will tell

they are playing right now like it is possible. But lets not forget that they did beat the Steelers who are a very strong team. Although anything is possible and I certainly think that they are not as strong as previous years I say they go 10-6 11-5

I think that people are starting to forget who the Pats coach is and who there QB is. I would enjoy to see them go 8-8, but the Pats are still a very good team.

Ace88 said:
I think that people are starting to forget who the Pats coach is and who there QB is. I would enjoy to see them go 8-8, but the Pats are still a very good team.
I agree with your point of view, the Pats are still a dangerous opponent and are not yet near or anywhere out of the equation.

But, they have not been to where they are now since 2002. Also they have a record of 4-17 when they have been behind in the end of the 3rd quarter. They lost all 3 (when behind at end of 3rd) of those games from the start of 2003 til the end of the 2004 regular season (thats 3 games in 30).

Now this Season, they had 3 games in a row, winning only the Pit game, and their schedule is just getting tougher...

EDIT: I believe the difference maker will be Brady, he will have to carry the team, ala Manning and T. Green. But in 2002, Brady was given a passing game that most people believe cost them games and a chance of the Post Season...

So we'll see as the Season unfurles...

Back
Top Bottom