Will Vernon Carey make the All-Rookie team this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Vernon Carey make the All-Rookie team this year?

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wondering. I think if he starts, its pretty likely. Not that many rookie tackles starting usually in any given NFL year, and right now Shawn Andrews is going to play RG and Gallery will play LT...those are the only two guys I feel are better OLmen than Carey.

Just trying to keep things lighter and more cheerful since everyone seems to want to talk about how dumb the front office is, or how dumb wannstedt is, or how bad feeley and/or fiedler are...

So anyway, if Carey does make the rookie team that will be 3 All-Rookie starting tackles in the last 4 years. Not sure what that means, but its somethin. :)

I would assume he would make it. What's his competition besides Gallery? Jacob Rogers is projected to start at RT for Dallas. Anyone else?

we don't know yet. For all we know that Georga Tech guy, Nate Dosrey I think, could be all world.

However chances are, Carey will be all rookie

If Carey isn't all rookie, I think we have reason to be disappointed in his performance. He was the second tackle taken who will actually play tackle next year. He and Gallery are the only tackles playing tackle who were taken in the first round, too.

Who knows. There were plenty of tackles drafted, one of them might be forced to start early a la Wade Smith.

Jimmy James said:
If Carey isn't all rookie, I think we have reason to be disappointed in his performance.QUOTE]

That may be a bit of an over statement, If he plays solid as a rookie I'll be happy.

Fair enough -- Carey might play well but get upset by say Nat Dorsey because Dorsey looks amazing. In that case, there isn't a disappointment.

I think it's more likely that Carey wouldn't make the all rookie level because he disappointed. I guess I probably should have put a "likely" or something like that in my statement.

I'm so nevious about the O-line that Carey playing solid would make my season, anything more than that and I'm :cpatch: :mdfin:

Gallery LT and Grove C and Andrews LG, your man Carey, one other...

All he can control is how he plays. I think he is a tremendous prospect for us and will make a significant impact. The good thing is that the kid wants to excell, so I think we're in real good shape with him.

If he starts 16 games, I believe he will since he has Ricky back there to help him look good

He's gonna outperform all drafted lineman this year even Gallery.

Truthfully I could care less about the "all rookie team". Now does he start for us and contribute all year... THAT is what I really want.

Back
Top Bottom