Will we ever get a TE that can do this ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will we ever get a TE that can do this ?

That McMichael horizontal dive over those Defenders (Saints I think) going in for TD was legend. Phins have been thin on the ground with drafting TEs. You might have thought with the OL issues suffered over the years a high round TE that could block and catch would be a solid investment.

Dolphins should draft both TE Mark Andrews and his QB Baker Mayfield next year.

Finding a TE that can do it all is rare. I know a lot of people don't value TEs as worthy of 1st round picks, but if you can find one that is a good in-line blocker, a matchup problem for linebackers underneath and safeties down the seam, and a sure-handed outlet, I think you draft him right away.

As far as I can see a lot of TE's get drafted "right now" and end up not being worth a top 15 pick or whatever. It seems to me like a lot of the good TE's get drafted low in this league (kind of like RB's) and the guys thought to be special when drafted end up not being so. I'm fine with not prioritizing it.

Keith Jackson was the last, seriously good TE the Phins had. Says it all.
Randy McMichael was a sick pass catcher in his young days. And was a stud after the catch.

Edit - already mentioned, but I was a big fan. Would have have put up serious numbers is a pass first scheme.

I also love how Andy Reid is doing everything in the NFL right now that people claim can't be done because collegiate concepts supposedly can't translate to the NFL. He's running Spread concepts like RO's, RPO's, speed options, veers, etc. with great success and it's awesome to watch.

Back
Top Bottom