Will we find Tannehill a weapon before week 1?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MARSHALL~LAW, Aug 20, 2012.

1. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW Well-Known Member

So now that we know Tannehill is our new starter.....do you see the FO looking in to making a trade for a weapon for the guy? Waiting until the final cut and signing some unlucky talent that didnt make the cut due to offensive philosiphy, or a crowded WR corps? If I were the GM I would Make a trade for a vet, i.e. James Jones, or Josh Cribbs. I know I will get blasted for my examples, but what would you do? We obviously cannot go into the season with what we have and expect to win!

2. JFoxx

JFoxx Seasoned Veteran

I don't see them trading for anyone and doubtful they will get anyone from the cut players. I really think they expect him to struggle this season and will look at improving the WR talent in next year's draft and/or FA. Probably won't be pretty at times, but we are going to have to be patient this year through his and the team's struggles.

3. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

I'm starting to agree. This whole time I've been saying stay with what we got. I'm starting to think differently.

4. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

I think clay, bess and bush are solid assets for any team dont believe the media, hartline is solid as well you don't need a standout #1 to be successful

5. akfinfan

akfinfan FinHeaven VIP

Wallace wallace wallace............

6. TPD1479

TPD1479 Seasoned Veteran

if they would take one of our #2's and a contract extension could be reached I'm all for it

7. JCfinfan

JCfinfan FinHeaven VIP

I honestly think the best we can hope for is adding a vet during final cuts that will fit our system.

8. sharp

sharp Scout Team

It's not the media thats persuading me, its my own eyes

If the O-line holds up then yes you can get by without having great outside targets, but we don't really have that luxury either

9. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

HOGAN!!! I like this kid.

Add Fasano who catches almost everything, and Bush out of the backfield, sprinkle in a little Bess... And you have a good offense.

Now we need to get this running game going!

10. marino2duper73

marino2duper73 Well-Known Member

Hogan is a project. I know he looks good in preseason, but can he get open versus Revis, or any CB that is 2/3 as good as Revis?

11. Doc Z

Doc Z Member

Has anyone heard any news on Hartline?

12. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Donator

We will never know unless he gets the shot...which he deserves.

13. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

14. csonka20

csonka20 Active Member

How about Matt Moore to the Cardinals for Early Doucet.

15. jnozag

jnozag Well-Known Member

id lose Starks and Mr Kevin Burnett. As much as I like them, they gettin ole

16. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I think it will be hard to find a WR who gets cut by some other team, that would all of a sudden become our #1, or #2 WR option. If you trade for a quality WR, you have to give up something good in return like a starter or a draft pick. I think a trade would make more sense than going after some rejects who likely are not better than the five or six guys we will keep who are on our current roster. I still would like to work a deal for Wallace of the Steelers, but the Steeler's front office always seem to play hardball with their guys, so I am not sure what our options would be???

17. Miami1

Miami1 Starter

Maybe they go after someone who doesnt make the final cut with another team. Other than that, probably a reach for them to go out and find anyone good at this point.

18. jnozag

jnozag Well-Known Member

id lose Starks and Mr Kevin Burnett. As much as I like them, they gettin ole

19. hammond47

hammond47 Well-Known Member

I hate to say this bc it sounds extremely negative, but I can't remember ever having a worst receiving core than we do right now. By far the worst in the league.

20. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

Weapons are almost never acquired right before week one, and the ones that are attempted are usually heavily disappointing (Lamar Gordon anyone?).

21. oasis

oasis Lost in the fog

Did you feel like we had a better one in 2008? A rookie Bess. Camarillo. Ernest Wilford. Brandon London. Derek Hagan. And Ginn Jr.

22. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

He really doesn't fit this offense.

23. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

No. You find playmakers in the first 48 hours of FA and first round of the draft.

24. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

I think we'll pick up a castoff from Green Bay.

25. DphinBillkiller

DphinBillkiller Touchdown

Crossing my fingers and hoping like heck he gets some help.

26. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW Well-Known Member

Chris Chambers was aquired fromm us to SD in week 2 of the 2007 season.

27. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Who is going to give up a legit weapon prior to the season starting?

28. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

So the only team dumb enough to do something like that is us? That doesn't prove anything.

Edit- just checked, and Chambers was traded after we started 0-6. Still, it was another of those wonderful we jettison talent for future empty promise moves that have made us one of the least successful teams in the NFL the last ten years (see: Marshall, Brandon).

29. NoblePhin

NoblePhin Starter Donator

If only Brandon Marshall wasn't bonkers, and we didn't trade him. Can you imagine what Tannehill's career would look like at the start? I mean besides the fact that we lack a true #1, I don't see terrible options for what they want to do. The new run is the quick huddle short pass. Bess can slip by and shred defenses in the middle, Fasano can muscle out those short 3-4yd catches that could go for more. Charles Clay can line up in multiple positions and is a big H-back that can get yards after the catch; we have a variety of WRs that have different play styles and skill sets to provide us with more variety and mismatchs. I'm kind of glad we have more than one big receiver, having Naane or Fuller in the slot would be interesting. On Fuller, anyone see a poor man's Colston?

30. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

You really overrate our receivers' ability. Bess and Clay can somewhat be mismatches, but as far as YAC potential, Bess would be an allpro if he ever had any (considering the amount of catches he's made) and Clay's athleticism for a TE still isn't going to help him outrun or outmaneuver a secondary. Last year Fasano did what he is best at, make deep catches and turn them into more. We won't be throwing deep, and he's probably more likely a recipient for when we throw twice in three plays and still don't get one catch that totals a first down.

31. Chadico

Chadico All-Star Rookie

just go get plaxico burres and end this no threat at wide out. hes a major redzone threat and he is a name that will shut up critics.
    but not truely he would be considered a distraction. he would not cost us anything but a contract we gave chad johnson.... so i say lets get him and end this conversation

32. NoblePhin

NoblePhin Starter Donator

Bess basically had to reveal to the world that he was spiderman making those unbelievable contorted catches in the air from a lame duck byHenne. Ball placement has had so much to do for Bess's stats.

33. bigbade

bigbade Starter

i love posts like these like its so easy to just up and trade for a quality starting WR. First of what assets do we have other than our draft picks next year to trade and second what big name wr is available via trade?

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

honestly im not sure why we havent looked at Plax. hes gotta be cheap hes big proven and he played for the Jets last year so he can provide a little more insight

34. NCPhinPhan

NCPhinPhan Active Member Donator

Our biggest trade asset is/will be Matt Moore if Gerrard is healthy enough to be a back up.

35. FinsFan74

FinsFan74 Cement Shoes Distributor

I also think Chris Hogan deserves a shot at starting this week against a solid Falcons defense. If the guy performs and shows his knack for getting open then I believe he should make this team. I have this bad feeling that they aren't utilizing him much in order to stash him on the PS, but Hard Knocks blew that out of the water.

36. tiguere

tiguere Active Member

or did he mean roberto??:unsure:

37. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Beggars can't be choosers. Dolfans are hoping for the Packers to trade them James Jones, but the WR who might be on his way out in Green Bay is Donald Driver. Theres been plenty of talk in Green Bay that reworking his contract might not be enouh to guarantee Driver a roster spot & he could be cut. If Driver was cut I wouldnt be oppose to him signing with Miami, the total opposite of Chad & a vet willing to teach the young WRs. Most importantly a player who has played for both Philbin & Sherman & knows the offense.

38. gofins60

gofins60 A True Fan

There's a chance that an older, veteran WR will be cut from some team that is looking to go with youth. We took a chance on Chad Johnson, but that didn't work out so well; maybe we can find one who's actually a professional and an adult!

If not, then a solid veteran to help on the right side of the o-line would be a good idea... Martin does not look like starter material right now.