Will Y Bell factor into our Compensatory Picks in Upcoming Draft (2013)? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Y Bell factor into our Compensatory Picks in Upcoming Draft (2013)?

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Does anybody know what we can expect? I have a feeling I know the answer, but does Yermiah Bell count as a loss? Yermiah Bell - (1 year, $1,400,000)? The Jets signed him after we cut him on March 19, 2012. I'm guessing not, but maybe his loss will factor into the secret equation?

*Thanks to Nublar7 for some of these figures:

Projected Dolphins Signed qualifiers:

Legadu Naanee - (1 year, $700,000)
Artis Hicks - (1 year, $2,000,000)
Richard Marshall - (3 years, $16,000,000)

Projected Dolphins Lost qualifiers:

Chad Henne - (2 years, $6,750,000)
Will Allen (1 year, $1,000,000)
Kendall Langford - (4 years, $24,000,000)
Marvin Mitchell - (1 year, $725,000)

I believe the answer is NO when the player is cut.

Does anybody know what we can expect? I have a feeling I know the answer, but does Yermiah Bell count as a loss? Yermiah Bell - (1 year, $1,400,000)? The Jets signed him after we cut him on March 19, 2012. I'm guessing not, but maybe his loss will factor into the secret equation?

*Thanks to Nublar7 for some of these figures:

Projected Dolphins Signed qualifiers:

Legadu Naanee - (1 year, $700,000)
Artis Hicks - (1 year, $2,000,000)
Richard Marshall - (3 years, $16,000,000)

Projected Dolphins Lost qualifiers:

Chad Henne - (2 years, $6,750,000)
Will Allen (1 year, $1,000,000)
Kendall Langford - (4 years, $24,000,000)
Marvin Mitchell - (1 year, $725,000)

We could be given a little something but, the compensation is given for last year's play, not only money.

Maybe because of Henne.....not sure how much he played this year but it was like 1/2 the season wasn't it??

No, Bell will not count as part of the formula. Players that are cut or traded are not part of the formula. They must be unrestricted free agents.

We should get at least one pick, probably either a 6th or 7th round pick, and it should be for losing Henne. There was a Detroit Lions draft website that is predicting a 6th round pick for Henne and a 7th round pick for Will Allen. However, the fact that Allen was on IR all year I don't think they will get a pick for him.

No, Bell will not count as part of the formula. Players that are cut or traded are not part of the formula. They must be unrestricted free agents.

We should get at least one pick, probably either a 6th or 7th round pick, and it should be for losing Henne. There was a Detroit Lions draft website that is predicting a 6th round pick for Henne and a 7th round pick for Will Allen. However, the fact that Allen was on IR all year I don't think they will get a pick for him.
Interesting as Hicks was hurt to. Gerard well he was hurt kinda and never made the team and Nanee never should have either. At least the guys we lost played some ball.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Hey did we loose a pick this year on our trade for Miller?

we will prob get a sixth or seventh nothing major

Interesting as Hicks was hurt to. Gerard well he was hurt kinda and never made the team and Nanee never should have either. At least the guys we lost played some ball.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Hey did we loose a pick this year on our trade for Miller?
The fact that Hicks, Naanne were cut and Marshall ended the year on IR only helps Miami's odds.

We currently have no 6th round pick because of Lamar Miller.

I hope we get a 6th. Henne played pretty good for the Jags.

Why wouldn't losing Langford be considered a pick for us... If Marshall played a full year I can see how they would cancel out, but he didn't...

Correct O. They take contract, playing time, and a few scare variables into account when comparing who youve lsot and what youve gained.

Miami technically lost more than their gained in Free Agency, so they'll likely get a 6th round pick.

Why wouldn't losing Langford be considered a pick for us... If Marshall played a full year I can see how they would cancel out, but he didn't...

That is a very good question since playing time is a factor in the formula. If Marshall and Langford did play a full season they would cancel each other out. The fact that Marshall suffered a season ending injury early in the year clouds the picture a bit. It can only help Miami in the compensatory process

Miami technically lost more than their gained in Free Agency, so they'll likely get a 6th round pick.

Doesn't a sixth seem low for the delta between what we gained vs lost? I am thinking at least a 5th, maybe a 4th. We picked up almost nil production, although I suppose Naanee and Marshall played some snaps (but what, 15% of Miami snaps)? Meanwhile, Langford was a front end player. Henne tossed some TD's. Our net was decidely negative.

Back
Top Bottom