Will you watch the Cards/ Niners game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will you watch the Cards/ Niners game?

zach attach

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just wondering how football fans thought about this.

A nationally televised game, whether people do not like Goodell or the Kaepernick thing, I'm wondering how the ratings will go on this one.

Game ratings have been low this year, Thursdays and Monday apparently. There are many comments from PFT posters about their dislike for the NFL right now.

Personally I don't like Kap, and I don't see this being a good game, so I'm skipping out.

Not a chance. A boring NFC game that has no bearing on Miami. Hell I don't have a lot of time to watch TV as it is.

Yes

*provided I still have power.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to read, finally watch NCIS, & probably catch some college pigskin

p.s. props to AZ for not wearing their color rush unis

NFL ratings are down significantly this year. This boring game doesn't help. As some of these NFL players (and the league) keep reminding us, they have freedom of speech and freedom of expression. Guess what? That's a 2 way street.
I haven't watched any game other than Dolphin games this season and only off an on.
Sports should be an escape from politics and secular progressive indoctrination. Many of those who actually buy tickets and watch games (myself included) have decided to spend their disposable income on other things. When I lived in So Fla, I had club seats.
Living in Central Florida, up until this year I would buy tix to 3-4 games per season.
The cost for 2 tickets, parking and driving round trip to Miami from orlando for 1 game is the same as a weekend getaway at luxury hotel with my wife.
My wife is very happy. Happy wife, happy life.

On the subject of TV ratings, I saw an article today that blamed the nosediving ratings on about six different things, not one of which was fans tuning out because of the whole national anthem protest issue.

This was curious to me, since a large number of fans have stated that that is exactly the reason they are watching less pro football. Not only have people posted about it on the internet, talked about it on the radio, and said as much when interviewed, but multiple people have told me to my face that they're only watching their favorite team now and turning off the rest of the games because they're "fed up with it." College ratings are up, incidentally.

Regardless of your political beliefs, it really is crazy that a so-called news service can be so unwilling to acknowledge reality when it's blasting them right in the face on repeat.

Wait, people are boycotting the NFL because players are utilizing their 1st Amendment rights by simply not standing for a song, but don't boycott it after all the disregard for domestic violence, CTE coverup, etc.? Great priorities. :lol:

I won't be watching, but only because it's a terrible game in the middle of the day for me. :idk:

Wait, people are boycotting the NFL because players are utilizing their 1st Amendment rights by simply not standing for a song, but don't boycott it after all the disregard for domestic violence, CTE coverup, etc.? Great priorities. :lol:

I won't be watching, but only because it's a terrible game in the middle of the day for me. :idk:

A large number of people have loudly declared that they won't watch the NFL, or will watch fewer games (i.e. only their home team) because of it, yeah. There were definitely people who decided to stop supporting the NFL because of Ray Rice and CTE, too.

I'm not passing judgment, just pointing out the insanity of certain media outlets (I think it was Bloomberg) coming up with every wacky justification under the sun, including "uncompetitive games" as reasons. I mean, Monday and Thursday night games have been terrible (in general) for years now, so I don't know how this could explain years of incremental gains in TV ratings followed by a huge slide this year in particular.

Back
Top Bottom