William Campbell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

William Campbell

JCane

Administrator
Club Member
Reaction score
Five-star defensive tackle, William Campbell of Detroit, Michigan will be getting an in-home visit from University of Miami coaches later on this afternoon. Campbell lists several offers from top colleges around the country but has already narrowed his list down to five. Those five include: Alabama, LSU, Miami, Michigan, and USC. Campbell has already made two official visits this season. One to Alabama on 11.14.2008, and one to LSU on 11.21.2008. He plans to visit Michigan this weekend. Campbell says that he hopes to take an official visit to Miami on 12.20.2008 but says that he doesn't know much about the program as of now. He should learn a lot more about UM today as offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland will be visiting William and his family. William says that he has been in contact with Coach Stoutland every week. Campbell also says that he plans to make his announcement on January 3rd, 2009 at the Army All-American Bowl. I don't know if Campbell plans to make an official visit to USC or not, but he'll only have a few days to make an official visit. Campbell has to take the ACT on the 13th of this month and should officially visit UM on the 20th. With Christmas, etc., approaching fast, William's schedule could become a bit cramped.

This would absolutely be a HUGE land for the Hurricanes.

Reel him in Shannon . . . . Shannon needs a Bill Parcells recruiting class . . . . he needs to build up both lines.

Probably end up at Michigan but I dont know if it is a lock. He has stated he is looking to go to a team that can compete for a national title right away. Michigan is no where close to that. I met him when he came down here in Tuscaloosa. His host was Mark Ingram who is also from Michigan and they seemed to get along well. If I had to bet I would say Michigan but I'm not counting out Alabama just yet. He would be a perfect fit for our D and seeing the success of Mount Cody has to only help our chances!

Reel him in Shannon . . . . Shannon needs a Bill Parcells recruiting class . . . . he needs to build up both lines.

He brings in talent, but can he develop it?

I don't want to be a pessimist RE: Hurricane Football, but keep in mind that Cokers 2004 class (what we're seeing now) was highly regarded.

Probably end up at Michigan but I dont know if it is a lock. He has stated he is looking to go to a team that can compete for a national title right away. Michigan is no where close to that. I met him when he came down here in Tuscaloosa. His host was Mark Ingram who is also from Michigan and they seemed to get along well. If I had to bet I would say Michigan but I'm not counting out Alabama just yet. He would be a perfect fit for our D and seeing the success of Mount Cody has to only help our chances!

this is true, but he is being recruited to Bama as an OT.

The defensive line will be brutal come 2010 with Marcus Forston anchoring it. I know for a fact that we're looking at about six JUCO offensive linemen and will probably offer schorlarships. Also, there's Malcom Bunche, a former Rutgers commit who seems destined for Coral Gables without a doubt. We also have four-star recruit, Brandon Washington in this class as well. Washington is actually trying very hard to get into early enrollment. I fully expect both lines to be highly improved next season.

Coach Stoutland says that the visit today went very well. He spent about an hour at the home today speaking with Campbell's mother who had lots of questions. Campbell himself did not show up until the last 20 minutes of the visit.

this is true, but he is being recruited to Bama as an OT.

Yea I read that somewhere else, but I have a hard time believing it. Bama has a truck load of O-lineman coming in this years class. One D.J. Fluker will be a beast at LT. Massie a huge Tackle from Hargrove is also on the Tide's radar. I think I read that Massie said Coach Saban might want him to play o-line, I just don't see why.

Back
Top Bottom