Williamson sees potential for Dolphins offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Williamson sees potential for Dolphins offense

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The offense will obviously only go as far as third year quarterback Ryan Tannehill will take it, and we’ve heard time and time again that Tannehill’s athletic style of quarterbacking is the perfect fit for something like this. Williamson is still high on Tannehill because of his talent mobility, and thinks that he could fill the role Nick Foles did for Philadelphia last year.

“I’m still very much a Tannehill fan, and I think I’m higher on him than most people are across the country,” said Williamson. “I think he has a good feel for the position, I think he has all of the ability in the world, I think his leg will be more utilized than in the previous regime did. We didn’t see a lot of that from Nick Foles, but we do know the Chip Kelly system stresses a mobile quarterback and I think Tannehill’s athletic enough to pull that off for sure.”
Another major cog in the Kelly system was former Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson, and Williamson sees a current Dolphins player filling that slot nicely. Primed for a bounce back season in the same vein as Jackson was last year, receiver Mike Wallace may be the man to showcase his skills the brightest in this type of scheme.
“I look at Mike Wallace and think he’s DeSean Jackson, and an improved line should help him as well,” said Williamson. “I think he’s somebody that has gone under the radar quite a bit and could have a bounce back season in this system if the line is better and they can actually throw deep and use his skills. So I think the offense will be improved.”

http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2014/espn-scout-williamson-sees-potential-for-dolphins-offense

I love the Dolphins and with a passion but Mike Wallace=Desean Jackson. Ummmm, no. Is he better than what we saw last year? Yes. He is afraid to get hit, and catches the ball with his body. I understand that he brings a much needed element to our offense but I prefer Hartline and Landry to Wallace. I know that Landry hasn't proven a damn thing yet but that kid has heart, hands, and selflessness. Those are 3 key components that a stud receiver must have. Here's to hoping Wallace proves many of us wrong and has a monster year. I totally agree with everything else in this article, which gives me very high expectations for the upcoming season.

To be honest with you all, a team that scares me this season is Buffalo. They are a team that's strengths mirror our weaknesses. Besides the QB position they are the stronger team (on paper). RB, O line, D line, WR, LB, kicker and secondary are all in better shape than our team. Our secondary will have their hands full with Watkins, Woods, Williams and their stable of strong backups (Goodwin, Graham, and Easly). God I hope we don't get swept by them again but if we son't get our sh** together its very likely they will.

I love the Dolphins and with a passion but Mike Wallace=Desean Jackson. Ummmm, no. Is he better than what we saw last year? Yes. He is afraid to get hit, and catches the ball with his body. I understand that he brings a much needed element to our offense but I prefer Hartline and Landry to Wallace. I know that Landry hasn't proven a damn thing yet but that kid has heart, hands, and selflessness. Those are 3 key components that a stud receiver must have. Here's to hoping Wallace proves many of us wrong and has a monster year. I totally agree with everything else in this article, which gives me very high expectations for the upcoming season.

To be honest with you all, a team that scares me this season is Buffalo. They are a team that's strengths mirror our weaknesses. Besides the QB position they are the stronger team (on paper). RB, O line, D line, WR, LB, kicker and secondary are all in better shape than our team. Our secondary will have their hands full with Watkins, Woods, Williams and their stable of strong backups (Goodwin, Graham, and Easly). God I hope we don't get swept by them again but if we son't get our sh** together its very likely they will.

Agree with u and it pisses me off since Wallace's talent > Landry and Hartline. He looked soft last year.

I don't know if I'm just way off base here but I honestly don't think this offense will look that similar to Philadeplhia. Just me.

As long as its different than last year. lazor will prob try and force his 2 te sets but single back 3 wr works for me. Hartline off the field on first downs

Can't help but be excited for more pistol looks. Miami ran well out of the look and it keeps the defense more at bay. They key to tannehills success will not be mike wallace, but his running game. If miami can run the ball, then miami will win-- alot. Tannehill is a damn good qb when given one on ones. His accuracy and ball placement have been knocked on, but look at how he has looked in red - zone and off playaction. You don't need a qb to be perfect to win a championship. You need a near perfect effort from everyone on the team. Tannehill is not the problem, that lies in the oline and run game.

we have key players added like Landry and Moreno plus a new oc so it definitely has potential with a more seasoned Tannehill.
The line is the main detriment. I have little opinion on Lazor as an OC since he has never been an NFL OC and even his qb coach exp is somewhat limited.
The big question is how much of Foles success was Kelly's offense or Lazors coaching of his qb. We shall see

If I were the bills coach id start Thad against the fins both games. But seriously, if the bills had a bonafide stud QB, they'd be serious contenders for afc east crown and more. And therein lies the problem. We have the second best QB in the division, which is why we may a chance at taking division title

This receiving core is more than adequate to put up yardage and score points. The point of this write-up is spot on and the first sentence is the truth "The offense will obviously only go as far as third year quarterback Ryan Tannehill will take it, and we’ve heard time and time again that Tannehill’s athletic style of quarterbacking is the perfect fit for something like this."

Style however does not equal success. If this team is going to pull out of the cycle of mediocrity that has entrenched it for 10+ years Ryan Tannehill has to be the guy to do it. Marino would have made any of these receivers look like all-pros, Manning, Bress, Brady and Rogers alike. This team is all on Tannehill and being that it is his third year there are no more excuses. Tannehill has to perform at the next level or this team is going to be stuck in the mud like a normal 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8 year, hell even 9-7 is an iffy record this season.

I support Tannehill 100% and I think the kid has the tools, I also support drafting a QB next year if Tannehill doesn't translate those tools into more consistent play in his third year. Kid has the talent, now he has to turn it into successful play on another level.

Did Randy Moss have those 3 components? One of the best Wrs of all time.

Marino had lots of drives stalled by dropped passes. He had to throw the ball away from jailbreak blitzes many times. The big difference was that each time he took the responsible players to task for it and made sure they knew it wasn't acceptable. We rarely see that from Tannehill.

Most of the culprits continue to be repeat offenders. None of our TE's block worth a darn. That's why Lynch was drafted barely a year after Sims was drafted to be our blocking TE and failed. Clay runs 2 routes max, has sloppy routes and average hands and is an atrocious blocker. If it weren't for his speed and snap he would never sniff an NFL roster.

Tannehill is in his 3rd year and I expect him to step up in many ways. The biggest in my mind is stepping up as a vocal, take charge leader. Hold those OL, RB's and TE's accountable for poor blocking. Let those WR's know in no uncertain terms that the routes must be run correctly and precisely and if it hits your hands it's your mistake if you don't catch it. No more of this 'everybody gets an A+ just for participating' B.S.

This receiving core is more than adequate to put up yardage and score points. The point of this write-up is spot on and the first sentence is the truth "The offense will obviously only go as far as third year quarterback Ryan Tannehill will take it, and we’ve heard time and time again that Tannehill’s athletic style of quarterbacking is the perfect fit for something like this."

Style however does not equal success. If this team is going to pull out of the cycle of mediocrity that has entrenched it for 10+ years Ryan Tannehill has to be the guy to do it. Marino would have made any of these receivers look like all-pros, Manning, Bress, Brady and Rogers alike. This team is all on Tannehill and being that it is his third year there are no more excuses. Tannehill has to perform at the next level or this team is going to be stuck in the mud like a normal 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8 year, hell even 9-7 is an iffy record this season.

I support Tannehill 100% and I think the kid has the tools, I also support drafting a QB next year if Tannehill doesn't translate those tools into more consistent play in his third year. Kid has the talent, now he has to turn it into successful play on another level.
I agree with you all the way, but some of what RT does depends on the O line, and at this point that makes me a little nervous.

Back
Top Bottom