Wilson>Tannehill and Weeden | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilson>Tannehill and Weeden

Doug Flutie is not in the NFL Hall of Fame. His best play was in the USFL and CFL.
Doug Flutie was in no way, shape, or form a Hall of Fame caliber QB. However, there is no such thing as the NFL Hall of Fame, it's called the Pro Football Hall of Fame, where accomplishments in the NFL, UFL, USFL, CFL, etc. merit consideration. BTW, Wilson will probably make his money in Canada, I doubt he would make an NFL roster.

i hope we can pick up wilson. he is a leader and his football iq is very good.

Doug Flutie was in no way, shape, or form a Hall of Fame caliber QB. However, there is no such thing as the NFL Hall of Fame, it's called the Pro Football Hall of Fame, where accomplishments in the NFL, UFL, USFL, CFL, etc. merit consideration. BTW, Wilson will probably make his money in Canada, I doubt he would make an NFL roster.

NA he'd rather go back to the MLB.

it doesn't matter if he is not the prototypical size for a quarterback. Darren sproles is not the normal size for a running back but I will take him over all the backs on our roster right now. As long as you have the determination and the skills you can be the best regardless of your size.

You'd take Sproles over Bush???? :ponder: Interesting because Bush had nearly 600 more rushing yards than Bush did and came on very strong at the end of the season.

Russell Wilson is very, very underrated. Not better than Weeden, but maybe better than Tannehill.

But I have to give credit to TedSlimmJr, he's talked about Chandler Harnish before and so I took a look at him a long time ago and kind of liked what I saw. I dove into him more heavily recently and came away convinced he might be the most underrated quarterback in the Draft.

:chuckle: I knew you'd be in here eventually. You see something in Tannehill that I don't, I don't see anything special in him but that's just me, I completely respect your opinion. Just wondering, are you an A&M fan?

There's obviously the physical measurables. He also is intelligent, comes from a pro style offense, and, although he is still pretty raw, he seems to have improved a lot over a really short amount of time. Obviously, I'm no QB expert, but if we were wanting to see what Moore could do as a full time starter but also hedge our bets, Tannehill would be the ideal QB to draft.

There's obviously the physical measurables. He also is intelligent, comes from a pro style offense, and, although he is still pretty raw, he seems to have improved a lot over a really short amount of time. Obviously, I'm no QB expert, but if we were wanting to see what Moore could do as a full time starter but also hedge our bets, Tannehill would be the ideal QB to draft.

Aren't you a little afraid that he broke his foot recently?

I know this isn't the most popular opinion on this board but I feel Wilson is the best QB to sit behind Moore for a year or two until he's ready. I feel Tannehill is overrated for the positions I've seen mock drafts pick him in and he just broke his foot. I wouldn't mind Weeden but I don't feel excited have a 28 year old sit behind Moore for a year or two and having a 30 or 31 year old QB coming in for his first starts. I feel Wilson has everything you could as for in a QB besides his height, they guy has mobility and arm strength and would be a great pick in the 3rd round or so.

I'm just gonna go ahead and dust my shoulders off right quick.

I'm confused. Did you bump your own thread to say you were "right" or to say that you were wrong?

Sure Wilson had a good first year. But that is one year. Let's judge this after year three. For all you know Wilson will suffer from a sophomore slump this year.

Remember. Never goto the Library without your shotgun.

Put Weeden or Tannehill into that Seattle team and this post may sound very different. Must be tough being a rookie QB in a team that is elite on both offense and defense.

After one season on a team with far more weapons? I like Wilson, but doing this reminds me of when all the Vince Young fans came out during year one, only to completely disappear afterwards. Please note that I'm clearly comparing the situation of bumping your own thread to gloat, not comparing Wilson to Young (sad that I need to explain that, but there will still be somebody that will completely misread it and think I'm comparing the two).

Also, you were dead wrong about Tannehill. If you still see a 2nd or 3rd rounder, you clearly don't have a clue what you're looking at.

I'm confused. Did you bump your own thread to say you were "right" or to say that you were wrong?

Sure Wilson had a good first year. But that is one year. Let's judge this after year three. For all you know Wilson will suffer from a sophomore slump this year.

Remember. Never goto the Library without your shotgun.

That's the thing about this "I was right" game.

It's relative. Right now I think Russell Wilson not only performed better than Weeden and Tannehill just like the original poster said, but he performed better than Griffin and Luck, in my opinion. The original poster implied that Luck and Griffin were still better than Wilson. So was the original poster right? Or was he wrong?

That's the thing about this "I was right" game.

It's relative. Right now I think Russell Wilson not only performed better than Weeden and Tannehill just like the original poster said, but he performed better than Griffin and Luck, in my opinion. The original poster implied that Luck and Griffin were still better than Wilson. So was the original poster right? Or was he wrong?

Have you made any predictions on what you expect Weeden to do in year two now that he has had a time to acclimate as well as with the new coaching changes etc.

Back
Top Bottom