Win Against Denver has Significance

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GeigerK, Dec 4, 2017.

1. GeigerK

GeigerK Member

I have made a few posts in recent weeks describing the expectations of this season as essentially being a wash due the the Injury of RT. Every win this season is gravy and essentially a chance for Gase to show his team what it looks like to "do your job" and the consequences of putting in the work and earning a victory (pretty or not). Gase showed this team that if they can do what needs to be done early in the game, he will continue to drive his foot into the throat of his opponent and make the win an enjoyable one. The problems that occur in this league are usually due to inconsistent coaching staff and front office (meaning tenure). We will never get anywhere if we continue to have a revolving door of coaching and front office staff. I see a winner in Gase, as he proved last season with the RT injury...atrocious Defense and still making the playoffs. The last thing we need is to drive out a coach that is still winning games despite the flaws/injuries/ of this roster. Has some perspective.. The Packers have no identity without Rodgers, The giants have arguably more talent than us (and a superbowl caliber QB) and look what happened. I'm still on the Gase bandwagon, and I believe he will need more than 22months to turn around a team that has been piss poor for the majority of my lifetime. Again, The season was a wash and Gase did all he could by taking a chance on Cutler. It didn't work out as planned, but lets be real...who was a better more realistic choice?

maralieus, FinaticalFinfan and Ray R like this.
  2. TeeMoney

TeeMoney Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb Finheaven VIP

Oh 'Tis the season
    To Have Ol' Saint Kaepernick

Bah, I kid, I kid

3. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

Is this the comedy section of finheaven? I thought I clicked on the main forum.

4. TeeMoney

TeeMoney Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb Finheaven VIP

Sorry I missed your cheerios and got your toes

5. DolfanISS

I just don’t think we’re in victory formation enough to let Kap utilize his greatest skill...

It is the comedy section.

Atila likes this.
  6. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

His greatest skill? Kneeling?

multistage likes this.
  7. DolfanISS

Just a joke but yes that's the punchline.

8. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Where did this notion come from that Tannehill is the savior of this team? I am not into the bashing of Tannehill by any means, but so many of us gave up on the season because he got hurt (me included to a certain extent) but what has he shown us that we would have automatically been a playoff team if he were starting. Tannehill is a decent QB, but by no means is he a Rogers or Brees that can carry a team by himself. where is this dynamic play of his that show us his loss was the end of Miami this year. The end of Miami was from the QB we picked up in FA IMO among other things.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    BahamaFinFan78 likes this.
  9. eger

eger Starter

I think Denver is Miami's doppelganger. I have never seen a team that was a carbon copy of our miscues from bad QB play, to O-Line, drops, and a penalty after 10+ yards gained..lol
    It was like watching Miami in Denver uniforms.

10. Aquablood

Aquablood Well-Known Member

Hold your horses partner. It is one win against a garbage team that traditionally don't travel well.
    The problem I have with OP is you gave him all the credit in the world last year, but proclaimed this year is a wash.
    Can't have it both ways.
    People can argue last year Gase benefited from soft schedule and few lucky pounces. And this year is a true reflection of his coaching ability.
    From all his bad decisions since last year, not counting Cutler signing, the decision in not addressing the OL, he has made all the wrong decisions. Now you can say he will learn from his mistakes and improve, that's fine. But saying this year is a wash, not a reflection of him, is not objective.

11. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

lmao

Ozzy rules!!

12. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

The significance is we are also competing against the Broncos for draft position which could ultimately be a QB. How pumped will everyone be about the win when they draft Mayfield (or insert player wanted) the pick before us? I'm gonna play the odds and take the long view.

I also don't think a house cleaning will take place until the wheels fall off, and this team ain't doing **** while Tannenbaum is there taking up space ... so there's that.

I could actually make a bunch of arguments for why losing makes more sense for this team right now. You don't ever want to see your team lose but it's hard to avoid the logic behind it.

Always want to see them kill the Pats though. Consequences be damned.

maralieus and MiamiMuss like this.
  13. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

Paragraphs

14. Spiff

Spiff Starter Finheaven VIP

Losing never makes more sense than winning.

Kadiddlehopper likes this.
  15. terphin

terphin A True Fan

don't forget the patented safety

16. Beach Bum 91

Beach Bum 91 Water Boy

No defense can hold up when you have an offense as inept as Denver's. Look what happened to us in the beginning of the season. That said, we have made strides and were able to take advantage. Even though I wanted us to lose out for draft picks, I am happy with the win.

17. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Correct, but there are people who won't give Miami's D that consideration

18. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

You don't have to look very long or hard to see that the successful franchises have had stability at the head coach position. New England, Pittsburgh and Seattle have pretty much been the most successful teams over the last 10 years or so. They have had that continuity at head coach.

I would love to see Adam Gase succeed here. I want to see the front office build in the right way, from the foundation up. With a competent offensive line, Miami would be playoff hopefuls.

maralieus likes this.
  19. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Totally agree. Gase should stay for continuity and because he actually did something as a coach for a total crap squad. The offensive line once again has de"rail"ed the season, I think Gase maybe thought he could use his playcalling to offset some of it and that RT's legs could handle the rest as far as o-line goes, but alas, it never materialized this season.

Then the mistake of thinking Cutler gave a **** and taking up the 10 million that could've been used to get a lineman or two in house and bam, season over before it started. I think Gase has done a good job keeping the guys fighting when the season was so obviously in peril before week 1( or two depending how you wanna look at it). Let him learn and take a few lumps. His ego might lessen a bit now which will likely do him some good. Humble pie. Lets all hope we don't hit the panic button because I truly believe that would be a big mistake.

SF Dolphin Fan likes this.