Winslow Sr. rips media for coverage of son's bike crash | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winslow Sr. rips media for coverage of son's bike crash

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
"I'm disappointed in the way you guys have handled it. Twenty-one-year-old people make mistakes," he said. "He made a mistake. You made it a circus. Remember when you were 21? A human being at 21 makes mistakes. He's not a piece of property."

Winslow Sr. was asked if he expected his son to make a full recovery.

"It's a long career," he said. "I played nine years in the National Football League. Technically, I played six years -- two strikes, two major injuries and I came out OK. We look at it as a long-term career.
You guys look at it as a moment in time and you blow it out of proportion. This Jerry Springer mentality of journalism, you guys are better than that. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Presidents make mistakes. Senators make mistakes. Journalists, if you still call yourselves that, make mistakes."
You can't blame Kellen Winslow Sr. for being pissed at the media. I mean "disappointed", I would be too. Yeah, Winslow Jr. made a immature mistake but the media blew it way out of proportion and are basically saying the writing is on the wall and that his career is finished. I think Winlow can come back to full health and be productive and show what he has to bring to the table. I believe he can be a Top 5 best TE in the league... he's just had some unforuately setbecks and has made mistakes and bad choices. It's just a long setbeck, I don't think his career is finished at all.

Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2075672

feel sorry for that a-hole? The guys a prick! He's totally self centered, egotistical, loud mouthed, and obviously an idiot. Why would you feel sorry for him? There are FEW people I'd like to see fail, but this guy is HIGH on my list. Gotta love how his daddy jumps to his defense.

Yeah I don't feel sorry for dude at all. He is a very easy guy to root against.

Back
Top Bottom