Winston to Miami or Chiefs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winston to Miami or Chiefs

There would need to be some salary dumping or restructuring to add both Winston and Flynn.

I think he will land with the chiefs, they have $40 million in cap space and Winston is looking to become the highest paid RT in football, IDK how were gonna pull that off with only $5 million left in cap space and we still have to potentially sign flynn.

I read the chiefs were bringing in marcus mcneil so if its really only between us and them it would look like they are exploring other options at RT. However, i dont know with what money we are going to sign winston with.

Would be nice: hopefully he'll give our low-balling brainiacs the hometown (UofM) discount if KC offered more.

I guess he isn't hearing the numbers he expected...

he reportedly wants 10 million a year. For reference. Jake who when healthy is a top 3 OT, is getting just over 11 million. Joe Thomas only gets 10.5 million. Now that's just base salary)

He wants to be the highest paid OT in the league. David Stewart (one of the top RTs in the league) Has a base salary of 5 million and with all incentives and bonuses makes over 6 million.

In short, Winston wants to be paid like an elite LT. And he's not getting that type of money. Rumors are KC was willing to make him the highest paid RT, but not at 10 mill a year.

Ireland needs to restructure some contracts, and/or cut some players to free up cap space. Signing Winston makes too much sense; he played at UM,he's played for Coach Sherman before in Houston,and his brother Michael is a regional scout for the Dolphins. He's one of the best RT's in the game,and at 28,he's in his prime; so Jeff needs to make this happen.

the market is changing. dont let manning and williams tell ya differently. they are outliers. this market is changing. Half the league is strapped. Thats why buccaneers are suddenly paper champions. But you dont build a team through FA. Its been proven time and time again....philly eagles.

We could see some restructuring soon. It would be real sweet to get Winston and Flynn and call it a day cus we would have filled 3 important spots that needed filling. Then if we could get Decastro at 8!!!!whew what an OL!

Get this guy then we can go add some playmakers in the draft early, or we can really shore up this line and add decastro.

the market is changing. dont let manning and williams tell ya differently. they are outliers. this market is changing. Half the league is strapped. Thats why buccaneers are suddenly paper champions. But you dont build a team through FA. Its been proven time and time again....philly eagles.

We could see some restructuring soon. It would be real sweet to get Winston and Flynn and call it a day cus we would have filled 3 important spots that needed filling. Then if we could get Decastro at 8!!!!whew what an OL!
With what we've done in FA so far, i agree with you on this.

Back
Top Bottom