Winston to Miami or Chiefs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winston to Miami or Chiefs

off topic I know but I forgot Daboll went to KC and now Peyton Hillis who had his most success under the offense of Daboll wonder if that had any reasoning behind it

Wow, I thought we were out of the Winston derby. This dude could really help the running game and his pass protection may not be great but it is way better than __.

Winston doesn't miss games. I'd give him a 4 yr 20 mil fully guaranteed contract.

off topic I know but I forgot Daboll went to KC and now Peyton Hillis who had his most success under the offense of Daboll wonder if that had any reasoning behind it

I can't wait to see Philbin's offense this season, but I sure was intrigued by the Miami offense under Daboll going into a full offseason to try and get better. He was a much better OC than that fossil we had in here for those years.

I can't wait to see Philbin's offense this season, but I sure was intrigued by the Miami offense under Daboll going into a full offseason to try and get better. He was a much better OC than that fossil we had in here for those years.

I liked Daboll ok, he fixed our chunk yardage. I still had a few complaints

1.He rarely threw to Bess in the slot
2.Still too many forced balls to Marshall
3.Still couldn't score TDs in the redzone.

The biggest issues to me were redzone scoring and not using Bess. The problem I had with the redzone was our playbook became Fade to Marshall, Bush up the middle, another fade to Marshall.

Definitely like this. Everyone's griefing the FO for what they've done so far but i'm not so sure you can fault them. Soliai was a massive pickup. I also like the Marshall signing and dumping the other one had to be done really. He's just been more trouble than he's been worth. I think Westerman can be a good situational pass rusher. Add Winston, a receiver like Manningham and maybe Mark Anderson too and they hopefully a solid draft will really sure the team up.

The longer it takes Winston to sign, the more the size of the contract he will recevie diminishes.

Hopefully he comes to his senses and comes back to Miami and accepts what we offered.

I liked Daboll ok, he fixed our chunk yardage. I still had a few complaints

1.He rarely threw to Bess in the slot
2.Still too many forced balls to Marshall
3.Still couldn't score TDs in the redzone.

The biggest issues to me were redzone scoring and not using Bess. The problem I had with the redzone was our playbook became Fade to Marshall, Bush up the middle, another fade to Marshall.

Completely agree, but I felt like I saw the offense improve as the season went on, unlike under Henning where we always declined towards the end of the year. I guess in my mind I figured a complete offseason and some familiarity, along with a better right side of the oline . . . the offense had a chance to get better this year.

I also think playing within the game was a problem as well. Not realizing yardage situations, etc. I do believe we upgraded our offensive philosophy by adding Philbin/Sherman so its all for the best.

No chance he signs...KC bound IMO.

from the sounds of it (twitter, radio, other message boards) his heart says Miami but his head is saying KC. Basically, sounds like he liked his meeting with Philbin and Sherman more and the system (he's been in the WCO his entire pro career), but he realizes he'll get more money from KC.

The longer it takes Winston to sign, the more the size of the contract he will recevie diminishes.

Hopefully he comes to his senses and comes back to Miami and accepts what we offered.

I hope Manning continues this charade for a while now. he he.

If both offers are in the same low ball park, he will probably choose Miami.

He was scheduled to make $5.5 million for the Texans but was cut for cap reasons. So, now he wants $10 million a year?!....ROFL!! I am guessing that "low ball" offer people have been bashing Ireland for was in the $5-6 million range.

Back
Top Bottom