With Brady out for season, AFC East for Bill or Jets to take | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Brady out for season, AFC East for Bill or Jets to take

JT99Dfense

Patiently waiting for fins to explode
Reaction score
I had a thought before going to bed Saturday night. "I hope Brady gets his knee hurt and is out for the season so the Pats will go nowhere" I sure as hell cursed the man! I actually wished for Brett Favre to have the same fate but he escapes my wishes for at least this week. :err:

I personally think the Bills are playing well better than the Jets. Since we lost by 1 catch and they are supposed to be a "Playoff/Superbowl" contender, I feel damn good we lost the way we did, SCRAPPING TILL THE END!

Look @ the bright side, we can now give ourselves a chance and win both or split with NE. :applaudit:

It could be that both teams are over rated......Bills beat a WR less Seattle team.....but at least did it convincingly...

If Pats can't get an offense going...it will be the Bill's division to lose....

please this team isn't in the same universe with new england it doesn't matter who the qb is. stop the nonsense..

I wouldn't be so quick to put a fork in the Patriots. They're a well coached talented team with many players who have been in that system for a long time. I would not be at all shocked if they were still able to win the AFC East but losing Brady definetly raises some doubt about what otherwise would have been a sure bet.

I'd like to see what Buffalo does without 2 special teams TD's before I go annoiting them the new team to beat in the AFC East. I'm not saying they won't be but need to see more from them.

Right now it's hard to decide about where the Jets are. There are 2 theory's really, a Jets fans theory and a negative finheaven posters theory (that's us LOL). A Jets fan would say both the Dolphins and the Jets are greatly improved and the Dolphins will show that in later weeks by giving many teams a very hard time. A negative finheaveners point of view on the Jets would be they can't be any good because we suck and they just barely beat us. Time will tell, but I kinda hope the Jets fans theory is the correct win. Logically, yes they were 4-12 last year but with additions of Faneca and Woody to go along with Mangold and Fergusen you'd have to think their O-line is solid. Coles and Cotch are a solid duo and Thomas Jones is solid as well. Add a hall of fame QB and you'd be an idiot not to think the Jets offense has improved. Defensively they added Pace, Gholston and Jenkins to go with Rhodes and Revis. Basically I think the Jets are a pretty good team. Their showdown with NE Sunday should be interesting, too bad I'll be watching Miami vs Arizona.

I hate the cheaters but don't discount them. I remeber one team that lost their starting QB early in the season and won a superbowl. 72' Dolphins.

The cheaters will not get to perfectville- no way, :woot::hi5:

please this team isn't in the same universe with new england it doesn't matter who the qb is. stop the nonsense..

every post i see from you is negative. :shakeno: cants you just have some faith and some fun?

Your absolutely right, I'm sick of hearing everyone talking about how the Patriots suck now and the Jets or Bills are gonna win the AFC east. I hate the Pats but a team dosn't go undefeated during the whole regular season just because the QB is good.

I would never wish injury on a player or team to win a game. I don't like the Patriots as much as the next finfan. If we beat NE I want to beat them with Tom Brady, I want no excuses. We have split with NE year after year with Tom Brady , except last year.

With that said to count NE out is just senseless. They have won many games over and over again with players stepping in to roles not their own. They do it year after year, let players go that are due big money and bring other players in only to never lose a beat. They are a well coached football team.

I don't like em, get sick of hearing about them, it will suck if they get through this, we will never hear the end of it if they do, But if they do, hats off to them.

I personally think the Bills are playing well better than the Jets. Since we lost by 1 catch and they are supposed to be a "Playoff/Superbowl" contender, I feel damn good we lost the way we did, SCRAPPING TILL THE END!

It's been one game, however I think the Jets are far more talented then the Bills.

Jesus. First we have a guy who starts off wishing devestating injuries upon players. Then we have a bunch of people dont realize that...........

1) Its one week into the season
2) Who's to say the cheatriots wont still be pretty solid and win the division by a couple of games
3) Who's to say we arent in it if its wide open now?
4) We did just lose by ONE play. One play that couldve been made or stopped on numerous different plays throughout the game where we did make a mistake. This game couldve gone either way.

Why are the jets so much better than us? Because on paper they have more talent? Were every bit as capable of winning games in this league as the Jets are. In fact, our team has more room for improvement as the season wears on.

But, being week ONE and all, every team can improve by a great deal over the course of the next 15 games. It always has been any teams for the taking. THIS IS THE NFL. The difference in winning and losing each week is usually ONE PLAY.

The teams that work the hardest to get better, execute the best, and make the least amount of mistakes....WINS. So, its always been anyones division to win...including ours.

With Brady out, it definately inhances that. One game people. One week. Yea, the Colts, Jags, and Chargers lost. And although the pats won, they lost their leader. So its definately wide open, but of course it has been before all of that happened. No reason we cant win it. This loss this week could wind up costing us a playoff spot in the end. A divisional game is the biggest.

It's been one week, Favre is just getting his feet wet. I want to see how he will do when our new oline is gelled like Buffalo's is and Favre knows the playbook better. I am really looking forward to the Bills/Jets matchup.

Does anybody really think Buffalo or NYJ are better than New England if they lose their starting quarterbacks, too? Injuries can happen to anyone at anytime... I'm sure after all the years Brady has avoided "the big one" the Pats weren't expecting this Week 1.

It's a long season... there's no telling who will charge to the finish line, and who will limp to it. Miami has a lot to work on, but unless we're staring another 0-10 in the face we're in the mix, too.

It's been one week, Favre is just getting his feet wet. I want to see how he will do when our new oline is gelled like Buffalo's is and Favre knows the playbook better. I am really looking forward to the Bills/Jets matchup.

I want to see how you guys attempt to overcome adversity when Favre has a game where he is throwing picks all over the place.

Its a long season. Every team will be placed in alot of different situations. How they handle the tough situations is what will tell the tell. Long way to go for you to assume Favre will just get better and better from week to week. Long way to go to assume its all down to the bills and jets for the division at this point.....:d-day:

And besides, how much does it matter right now that Brady knows the Pats playbook?:err: Point being, whos to say any player right now will even be playing in games later on.

Back
Top Bottom