With Brett Farve Retiring.... (Dolphin Related) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Brett Farve Retiring.... (Dolphin Related)

Oraclepz

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Before you crucify me hear me out.

Seeing how Brett retired with the Jets, Montana played with the Chiefs after the Niners, Unitas and Broadway Joe finished their careers with other teams, how cool is it that Dan only played for the FINS!!!! Just a thought.:D

and how cool is it that dan the man marino retired when he knew it was time and didnt stay around and screw his team over just to throw up hail mary's in the hope that somebody would catch it to pad his records

Joe Namath ended up with the LA Rams, and Unitas the Chargers. Warren Moon ended up in Kansas City after stints in Seattle and Minnesota.

But there are other Hall of Fame QB's were able to spend their careers with entirely one team, Marino, Elway and Dan Fouts for example.

and how cool is it that dan the man marino retired when he knew it was time and didnt stay around and screw his team over just to throw up hail mary's in the hope that somebody would catch it to pad his records

lol so true

Marino almost played another year with the Vikings. He had an offer in hand and considered it for a bit.

I remember that because that vikings team had Moss and Carter at WR. Dan could of easily had a good to great year, but he chose to only be a Dolphin.

You forgot about Fielder ending his carrer with the Jets... another great that was just not the same after he left his team.

What makes me even happier, that if it hangs it up this year, then his last game ever played was one of his worst, against the Miami Dolphins. :D

In all seriousness Marino should have retired two years before he did. He is no doubt one of the all time greats but he didn't walk on water!

Back
Top Bottom