With the 12th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 12th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select....

Who Should Miami Take in the 1st Round?

• Dez Bryant

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Rolando McClain

Votes: 46 45.5%
  • Brandon Spikes

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Lets get drunk and put names in a hat

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Tebow

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

Phins_Dynasty

Dangerous Waters
Reaction score
Dez Bryant! Was watching some film on Bryant and this guy looks legit. He is exactly what we need and especially if we don't pick up a big time WR in free agency, and Dez is still available at the 12 spot, I say we make him a Miami Dolphin.

LB is argueably our biggest weakness, and Parcells doesn't tend to like drafting WR's in the first round. That being said, I could see this pick going for Rolando McClain from Bama or Brandon Spikes from Florida. I attend Florida, so I've seen Spikes play many times, but I thought McClain might be the better pick (mostly because Spikes reminds me of Crowder :lol:). After watching video on both LB's, I think Spikes would be a great fit. He shoots gaps, hits hard, and never lets up. McClain seems to wait for the play to develop instead of getting involved fast and early. From the highlights I've seen, McClain looks slow and makes arm tackles that will be easily broken in the NFL. McClain does seem to read plays well and may be superior in pass coverage though. Spikes is a Zach Thomas type of MLB, involved on every play, and makes big, open field tackles. As of now, I would choose Spikes over McClain.

Some people say we may go after a DT or a DE. Haven't looked at these prospects (heard Tennesse has a beast of a lineman) so I'm not too sure about this. I think we have a solid D-Line when our guys are healthy and say we build depth later in the draft regarding the D & O-lines.

Dez Bryant would be the best pick IMO. An exciting and an immediate impact player. He has Andre Johnson potential and is easily the best WR in the draft. We can find some good LB's in other rounds and with a somewhat weak WR class, let's go for the top and not let this oppurtunity pass.

Dez Bryant, Hartline, Bess, Cam, & Ginn (maybe replacing Ginn with a FA) with Henne at the controls and Ronnie, Ricky, Cobbs and/or Lex pounding the rock. Now that's a damn potent offense.

I wish, I really feel like he will be gone before we pick. I want McClain we need an upgrade at LB badly.

God willing Parcells drops his antiquated philosophies about not picking receivers high and pulls the trigger on this kid. I wholeheartedly agree and I think by the time the draft comes around we might have to trade up to get Bryant. He is going to shred the workouts.

its always the guy u least expect that gets the pick from parcells

I disagree. I think either Spikes, McClain, or Dan Williams would be the pick to make. Defense is a much bigger need. If we take offense though, it better be for CJ Spiller or Dez Bryant.

Is anyone paying attention to what is going on in the coaching staff?

Some people say we may go after a DT or a DE. Haven't looked at these prospects (heard Tennesse has a beast of a lineman) so I'm not too sure about this. I think we have a solid D-Line when our guys are healthy and say we build depth later in the draft regarding the D & O-lines.

Dez Bryant would be the best pick IMO.

Without even knowing the talent available, you determine Bryant the choice. :facepalm:

Not a chance we draft Bryant, fellas. He announced today that he has signed Michael Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker.

Somehow, I don't see Parcells putting up with any of that nonsense.

My vote is for McClain.

I'd prefer to see us trade back about 8 or less spots and pick up a couple extra picks, and then take the highest rated ILB or NT on the board.

... the Dolphins move up to #10 and get Rolando McClain.

Not a chance we draft Bryant, fellas. He announced today that he has signed Michael Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker.

Somehow, I don't see Parcells putting up with any of that nonsense.

My vote is for McClain.

basically, I could have copy and pasted this as my response.

damn him for hiring that agent, parcells will want nothing to do with that guy. lucky for us, we might get mcclain.

i know alot of people dont like him, but i think the pick will be taylor mays. if you look at his junior year, he was top 5 talent. alot of people didnt like brian hartline, but he also suffered from a bad last year in college. i think alot of people will have a different view of taylor mays when he runs a 4.3 forty at the combine.

McClain won't be available at #12 and I doubt they would trade up sacrificing picks. I think the choice will be Williams and if they feel they can drop a few spots and still get him while acquiring extra picks, I thnk that is what will unfold.

i know alot of people dont like him, but i think the pick will be taylor mays. if you look at his junior year, he was top 5 talent. alot of people didnt like brian hartline, but he also suffered from a bad last year in college. i think alot of people will have a different view of taylor mays when he runs a 4.3 forty at the combine.
Why are they going to take another SS? They have 3 on the roster now? They need a FS. Taylor Mays does not fill that need.

Back
Top Bottom