With the 16th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 16th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

endorPHINS72

Restore the greatness!
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Santonio Holmes

I would love to see us draft Holmes. Imagine this lineup....Culpepper at QB, Chambers and Holmes (our fastest WRs) split wide and Booker in the slot with McMichael at TE (and Campbell as our 4th wideout). That is a potentially very potent passing game!!!!

I know there were some concerns about Holmes keeping weight on, but it appears that was just due to the flu. It appears that we're really interested in him, which I think is awesome! Granted, he's not big, but he's fast (Sub 4.4 speed). I think he compares favorably to Lee Evans and Steve Smith coming out of college.

We do have to add youth and playmakers to the defense, and if Holmes is gone at #16 or if Nick decides to go defense, I think Manny Lawson or Chad Greenway would be great additions to the defense. Also, Winston Justice could be the guy to protect Daunte's blindside for years to come.

I'm psyched about the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Phins!!!!!

Cannot disagree with that at all.

I've been really, REALLY warming up to the idea of selecting Santonio with the 16th pick.

Nick is a huge advocate of taking the best available player regardless of need. If he has Holmes rated as the best available player, and he's available, he'll be a Dolphin.

There are others I'd love too, but they may not present as much value as Holmes could at 16.

He could turn into our Lee Evans.

we can go in so many different directions...i also wouldn't be surprised if saban traded back to get more picks...

DolphinDevil28 said:
Cannot disagree with that at all.

I've been really, REALLY warming up to the idea of selecting Santonio with the 16th pick.

Nick is a huge advocate of taking the best available player regardless of need. If he has Holmes rated as the best available player, and he's available, he'll be a Dolphin.

There are others I'd love too, but they may not present as much value as Holmes could at 16.

He could turn into our Lee Evans.

I agree. There are a lot of similarities between Holmes and Evans (i.e. both smaller receivers but have some major wheels on them). And unlike Yatil Green, Holmes was completely healthy during his college career. I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, but a Chambers/Holmes combo could be the best wideout duo we've had since Clayton/Duper.

i like jackson better than holmes but i still dont see us taking a wideout with this pick...unless we trade down there is just too much talent in the defensive backfield and we need more help there first also i think an OLB would be a much better option than WR at that pick too

Hey if Saban chooses Holmes, then I'm happy if he chooses another reciever than I'm happy. My point is whoever Saban is high on he will get to help our team win!

Chad Jackson, Santonio Holmes, or Winston Justice would be fine with me. :goof:

I don't see us picking a WR, but I wouldn't mind it either. We really need an impact Safety that can take over a defense--like Bob Sanders did for the Colts.

If we did draft a WR, Chad Jackson would be my preferred pick, but Santonio is nice too.

marinoisgodinRI said:
i like jackson better than holmes but i still dont see us taking a wideout with this pick...unless we trade down there is just too much talent in the defensive backfield and we need more help there first also i think an OLB would be a much better option than WR at that pick too

I hate to break it to you but Marino is a Republican as well. So does that mean God is a Republican??? :sidelol:

:dolphins: See i don't know now b/c the stupid broncos are infront of us now and they may pick holmes or jackson. i like both but i really want jimmy williams, huff, or trade down for baing.

I also still like Jimmy Williams, although there has been some negative press about him lately.

He's way too talented to last past the mid-1st round. With excellent coaching from Saban and Mel Phillips, Williams' potential could be unlimited.

Back
Top Bottom