with the #2 pick over all what running back will miami take ronnie or cedric and why? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

with the #2 pick over all what running back will miami take ronnie or cedric and why?

arsenal said:
*looks at quote in sig*

haha, naa but i personally think benson will have a better career than brown... when a players stock rises more off the field than on the field it puts up a flag in my eyes... but brown as that potential to be a great back, but benson already is... i'll take either but i prefer benson

I would agree, but Brown's stock has been very high all along. Probably, well lets just say a little behind Benson. Brown made up the most ground in his bowl game, while Benson's stock slid from his game. On the field where it mattered most. :)

I really think that Brown's stock has only rose a little from the combine.

I do agree with you but with the exact opposite reason. To me it has been Benson who seperated himself from the other two. Lowering his stock more than anyone raised theirs. It was off the field, and like you I don't buy into that. He can run the ball, no doubt.

I like Brown, with Benson not far behind, and the Caddy, well, I'm not a great fan of 200 pound Rb's so even though I'd take him, he would be my third choice.

217 pounds please, people Benson is 220 how can you say Caddy is small? Damn look at the combine wheight.

Ozzy said:
I would agree, but Brown's stock has been very high all along. Probably, well lets just say a little behind Benson. Brown made up the most ground in his bowl game, while Benson's stock slid from his game. On the field where it mattered most. :)

I really think that Brown's stock has only rose a little from the combine.

I do agree with you but with the exact opposite reason. To me it has been Benson who seperated himself from the other two. Lowering his stock more than anyone raised theirs. It was off the field, and like you I don't buy into that. He can run the ball, no doubt.

I like Brown, with Benson not far behind, and the Caddy, well, I'm not a great fan of 200 pound Rb's so even though I'd take him, he would be my third choice.

Seriously, Caddy is 217, I think Benson's weight was 223 or something like that.... Caddy 05'!

yeah caddys not small, hes the same size as edge... i personally like caddy over brown... if i had my choice my board would look like this with RBs

benson
caddy
brown

just caddys injury history is kinda scary..

Dolphinfan_7 said:
well i have been i miami fan ever since i was born and and i was so glad when we got ricky but after what he did i thought we would never get a RB like him agien but i am wrong i mean i like both ronnie and cedric but i will be honest with you i am a big cedric benson fan and i hope we get him he has tramendus strength and is a good down hill runner but i have to face it that ronnie is better he has the speed to break the long one and has the power to break that one tackle when we need it and he has the vision and he has excielent hands. So ill be man enough to say that i hope we get cedric but i want whats best for the team and ronnie is so please tell me what you think thanx.
http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

knight6jb said:
Seriously, Caddy is 217, I think Benson's weight was 223 or something like that.... Caddy 05'!

Caddy is not going to be 217 pounds playing in Miami. Not with this humidity. He has always played at or around 200.

arsenal said:
yeah caddys not small, hes the same size as edge... i personally like caddy over brown... if i had my choice my board would look like this with RBs

benson
caddy
brown

just caddys injury history is kinda scary..

Edge has always been right around 215-220, while Caddy has always played at right around 200. Put him in two a days in the heat and humidity of Miami, and he's going to lose a large part of his body fat. He gained 15 pounds right after his bowl game, and as it was once suggested in another thread, that could have been water weight, well, he sure aint keeping that on him down here.
He could add some muscle mass to counter some fat loss, but that's going to be hard for him, and it could actually slow some people down a tad when and if they add muscle too fast. I would think that if he, or if the Dolphins want him to gain some weight, it won't be too much, not in the first year anyway.

I saw Caddy in shorts and a T, and his legs are very thin, especially below the knees. That's what worries me the most about him. He already has a slight history of injuries, and now he's coming to the place where the hits get bigger. I like him as a runner, but I don't know if he can handle the hits for 16 games.

I'd still be more than happy with the Caddy if they pick him. He can tote the rock. I still would take Brown 1st, or Benson 2nd, Caddy 3rd....

I'm all for Brown, think his potential is huge. This is the 1000th thread on this. I for one hope we trade down and acquire plenty more picks and if we do trade down & take another back later then we get the most value for that #2 pick IMO.

csabe said:
I'm all for Brown, think his potential is huge. This is the 1000th thread on this. I for one hope we trade down and acquire plenty more picks and if we do trade down & take another back later then we get the most value for that #2 pick IMO.

1000th? More like 5000th !!! Of course I've put in way more than 2 cents worth of replies.. :D

As for trading down, I'm all for that, if Saban's price is met. There are quite a lot of worthy Rb's out there. MBIII, Arrington, and Morency....

I don't watch college football and I don't know much about either of them but from what I've heard I think we should take ronnie brown.

Brown over benson, less tread on the tires of brown and he is a better receiver.
not that i don't like benson but im a little weiry of the off the field problems.

Back
Top Bottom